Vote Poll. Obama vs. Rick Perry

It's Obama vs Rich Perry Vote for One

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ideal Ticket- Rick Perry and Mark Rubio. Cuts into the Hispanic vote, by having a strong, well spoken conservative hispanic.

Here's the thing, the GOP I think could find a lot of common cause with hispanics. they are very conservative on social issues. I think some of the overheated rhetoric on immigration has been turned on them.
:lol: Hispanics are not going to go for Perry at all. You can kiss that little pipe dream good bye. Conservatives have completely lost all minority votes. Which is poetic justice..since..most minorities are pretty socially conservative. :clap2:
He won a third of the Hispanic vote in the last gubernatorial election. And that was with a Hispanic running against him. What a shock, you're wrong again.

I will vote for Perry if he is the GOP choice. However, 1/3d in Texas is a lousy stat, period, and it will be lower next year. Nationally, he is going to need not Texas hispanics, because Perry will carry Texas regardless, but hispanics in Illinois, California, Georgia, and elsewhere. and he will not have them at this rate.

What lie?

From Politifact...for the umpteenth time:

Rick Perry threatened to secede

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif
PolitiFact Texas | Bill White says Rick Perry threatened to secede​

You see...false is the opposite of true...something that is not true is a lie...see how that works?

Um..

I'll go by what the man actually said..

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

On Thursday, Perry called potential secession a "side issue of Texas history. ... We are very proud of our Texas history; people discuss and debate the issues of can we break ourselves into five states, can we secede, a lot of interesting things that I'm sure Oklahoma and Pennsylvania would love to be able to say about their states, but the fact is, they can't because they're not Texas."

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

It's not even a "stretch"..it's part of public record.

That's not perry saying that, it's someone else claiming that he said it. He said it was a side issue of Texas history, can he not claim Texas history when he speaks. And besides, even if he did say it I would support him even more for it, when this country runs amok it is the last rights of the states to secede to put it back in place where it needs to be.

Perry is not going to get the Hispanic votes he needs unless he goes after them based on their needs.

That is the crux.

You are such an idiot.

How? Is that the only response you can come up with?
He was called an idiot because he said "succession" instead of "secession" and must not realize that Perry is against Texas seceding. The response was a complete fail.

Against secession?

Then why flirt with it?

And if you don't think that will come up in the general to bite him in the ass..there are some nice bridges in brooklyn I'd like to sell ya.

Cheap.

If this is the final Match-Up,i gotta go with Perry. His Jobs-Creation Record in Texas blows all Democrats out of the water. And that includes the Hopey Changey One. I do have a problem with his spending though. He's not my ideal Conservative Candidate. But he'll have to do i guess. This Hope & Change Nightmare needs to end soon. I mean even Mexico is now kicking our ass in the Economy. They currently have a 4.5% Unemployment Rate compared to our 9.4%. It's time for real change.

Job creation due to government spending.

:lol:

Yea he's definitely not my ideal Candidate. But he's better than what we have now. I mean Mexico kicking our Ass in the Economy? Come on,it's time for real change. I gotta go with Perry.

Jillian, I'm ashamed of you. You ain't learned a damn thang.

How? Is that the only response you can come up with?
He was called an idiot because he said "succession" instead of "secession" and must not realize that Perry is against Texas seceding. The response was a complete fail.

Against secession?

Then why flirt with it?

And if you don't think that will come up in the general to bite him in the ass..there are some nice bridges in brooklyn I'd like to sell ya.

Cheap.
He favors the right to secede, but said himself that he did not advocate the secession of Texas. I believe people should have the right to smoke marijuana despite advising against it myself.

I hope it comes up. The right to secession coupled with interposition are two of the most important states rights.

Neither secession nor interposition are constitutional rights of the states. We the People approved the Constitution, the states acting only as our agents. Once ratified, the Constitution became the supreme law of the land and the individual sovereignty of the states ended. Lincoln killed literally the CSA when several states got to big for their britches.

Against secession?

Then why flirt with it?

Cheap.
He favors the right to secede, but said himself that he did not advocate the secession of Texas. I believe people should have the right to smoke marijuana despite advising against it myself.

I hope it comes up. The right to secession coupled with interposition are two of the most important states rights.

Those "rights" aren't recognized by the Constitution of the United States.

Forum List

Back