Vote on Jobs Bill today

You haven't heard?

Obama has decided to create Jobs. In memory of Steve. It's gonna be awesome! The occupation of Wall St is now a formal job. Each occupier will be paid $20 per hour, with a guaranteed pension, to be paid by evil rich people. Cool, huh?

We're just that much closer to Utopia..

Exciting, huh?

I was just wondering.... has this Jobs Steve been posted on the internet - cuz didn't Obama promise he would post all bills BEFORE they get signed?

Boehner did too, Boehner promised 72 hours prior to putting a bill up for a vote, but we seen during the last Debt ceiling bill that he lied on it. I sent him an email reminding him that we will kick his ass out of office if it happens again.

The Jobs Bill President Obama wanted passed NOW NOW NOW. Reid was changing the bill in the Senate the last I heard. Isn't that supposed to be done in the House?

It's not a jobs bill, it's a watered down stimulus bill with a different name.

The first Stimulus bill created and saved jobs. It's an appropriate name.

Created? There has been over 2 Million jobs lost in the last 3 years. The only jobs created where temporary census jobs. ANd there is no way to prove whether it saved any or not, and that's why the term is used. I would say that with all the jobs lost, it more then likely did not save any jobs at all but led to the losses instead.

Lol Obama fucking owned himself... This is what you get when everything you do is nothing more than an shallow political game.

The Jobs Bill President Obama wanted passed NOW NOW NOW. Reid was changing the bill in the Senate the last I heard. Isn't that supposed to be done in the House?

It's not a jobs bill, it's a watered down stimulus bill with a different name.

The first Stimulus bill created and saved jobs. It's an appropriate name.

Sallow sallow sallow...dude..
They were temporary, and you know this to be true.
What are you going to say in the next few months when the second collapse comes?
Yes I know people have been saying it is coming for 2 years...but it was only because of the stimulus that it didn't. They have no more bullets. Nada.
The stimulus money is gone and here we go again - and what does this tell you?
That all the stimulus money did was cover up the real problems...WHICH ARE STILL HERE.

You haven't heard?

Obama has decided to create Jobs. In memory of Steve. It's gonna be awesome! The occupation of Wall St is now a formal job. Each occupier will be paid $20 per hour, with a guaranteed pension, to be paid by evil rich people. Cool, huh?

We're just that much closer to Utopia..

Exciting, huh?

I was just wondering.... has this Jobs Steve been posted on the internet - cuz didn't Obama promise he would post all bills BEFORE they get signed?
http://democrats.senate.gov/uploads/2011/10/HR_American-Jobs-Act.pdf

here it is... not.
First Read - Senate to vote on Obama jobs bill today

GOP aides say the Senate will vote today on the president's jobs bill -- the original one that does not include the millionaire surtax and includes the "pay-fors" originally proposed by the White House.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) agreed to let Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) insert an amendment to the China currency bill.

This does not impact plans for the Senate to take up the amended bill next week with the millionaire's surtax. That goes forward.

*** UPDATE *** According to Senate Democrats, Republicans will not get their vote on the president's jobs bill as Reid had earlier indicated.

Reid had said on the floor that he was giving McConnell the option to hold the vote as an amendment to the China currency bill, but Democrats say that will not happen now.

McConnell could still do a procedural vote to try to call up the president's jobs bill - but that's not expected to pass.
The Dems giveth, and the Dems taketh away.

The Democrats dont have the votes in the senate, period. And the GOP will not vote yay on it, it will go nowhere and Obama will use it as a ploy to say "Well, at least I tried" and all the while blame it's failure on the GOP and not his own party. And dumbasses who support him will buy into every bit of it.

Seems the "dumbasses" are those who believe the Republican Party and its leadership in Congress put "Country First"; the Boehner Congress has done nothing to reduce unemployment and McConnell has stated from the get-go his focus will be on making the president a one term president.

Supporting the Republican Party is to support an ends and means ideology, the R's want a return to power no matter who suffers. Messrs. Boehner and McConnell have stonewalled every effort by the Obama Administration to provide relief to our citizens, they continue to press the advantage for corporate America.

It may not happen tomorrow, but such an elitist ideology will one day lead to what the power elite most fear, a popular uprising of average citizens. Once middle America recognizes that the promises of the New Right are false and the average man or woman's hopes and dreams will be realized, shit will hit the fan - history repeats.

What will be the excuse when Obama isn't able to muster the support from within his own party to pass this 'jobs' bill.

Never before in modern American history has such simplistic tactics been used. The only thing transparent about this administration is its intentions and motivations. All of this public pressure and begging for support for passing a piece of legislation that has all the answers to improving the economy. After three years in office, the first two of which he enjoyed Democrat majorities in both houses of Congress, three years of glacial--if any--economic growth, three years with sustained high unemployment numbers, NOW this president is going to dangle economic progress in the faces of the American people as if no one has become aware of his simplistic scheming, his never ending crises, excuses--speech after fucking speech saying the same damn thing over and over, in a vain attempt to dictate the premise of news reporting.

It is beyond me how leftists who spent eight years decrying the power and influence of the Bush administration were suddenly mute for three years before they decided to protest, not any of the issues they cared so much over, but the influence of Wall Street and regurgitating the same old bullshit the far left has been spewing for literally over a hundred years.

The Democrats dont have the votes in the senate, period. And the GOP will not vote yay on it, it will go nowhere and Obama will use it as a ploy to say "Well, at least I tried" and all the while blame it's failure on the GOP and not his own party. And dumbasses who support him will buy into every bit of it.

Seems the "dumbasses" are those who believe the Republican Party and its leadership in Congress put "Country First"; the Boehner Congress has done nothing to reduce unemployment and McConnell has stated from the get-go his focus will be on making the president a one term president.

Supporting the Republican Party is to support an ends and means ideology, the R's want a return to power no matter who suffers. Messrs. Boehner and McConnell have stonewalled every effort by the Obama Administration to provide relief to our citizens, they continue to press the advantage for corporate America.

It may not happen tomorrow, but such an elitist ideology will one day lead to what the power elite most fear, a popular uprising of average citizens. Once middle America recognizes that the promises of the New Right are false and the average man or woman's hopes and dreams will be realized, shit will hit the fan - history repeats.

Republicans tried to have influence when democrats had control of both houses and they were essentially told to sit in the back of the bus an be quiet. Then when they took the house they offered several bills that would help our economy and employers and democrats in the senate AGAIN ignored them.

EXCUSE ME IF I CALL YOUR OUTRAGE FOR THE COMPLETE BULLSHIT THAT IT IS.

Forum List

Back