Vote Fraud Allegations Gathers Steam

CivilLiberty said:
As you are aware, most areas of the internet are fairly left leaning. Here I am in a little nook of the information superhighway that appears to be all right. I want to understand your motivations, your thoughts. It's not being well reported. In fact, "red state citizens" are being heavily criticized (outside your red states, of course).

I'd like to get to the reality, and past the stereotypes.
Again.....
Me said:
Do you know why? Because most of the liberals are in hiding since Bush won. If you'd come here to investigate the minds of the wacky right before the election, you'd seen that we had liberals freely speaking their minds as well.
When you come off the way you do, people do seem to get a little defensive. If you'd been honest at the beginning, you wouldn't have got the backlash you got.
These guys here are good guys, they might not agree with you on things, but if you have respect for them, they'll have respect for you. Just a little helpful hint for you.

CivilLiberty said:
Permission? This is a public forum. And as I mentioned, it started as a post - that led to and interest in the individuals in this forum.
I know, I keep forgetting. The web doesn't need the use of manners. It is true, you can take what you want. It's just my manners carry over to the internet. I read posts here that I want to send out in emails to family and friends, I have never sent one thing without permission, via PM's, from the poster. Not everyone has the luxury of good manners. Sorry!
Carry on.....

*crosses his fingers and hopes he's not a drone*

CivilLiberty said:
It's pretty clear that everyone here voted for Bush.
There was an influx of communists just prior to the election. However, predictably, many of them are no longer posting here. Though a few stalwarts still do.
Do you think that Bush is the best possible leader for our nation today?
No.
Or only a better leader than Kerry?
He's much more than just a better leader than Sen. Kerry, though that's not saying much.
If not Bush, who would work for you?
Me.
Buchanon?
Nut.
Nut.
He might do an alright job, but I would still prefer the President.
Did you vote Bush based on your faith?
No.
Your moral values?
No.
For financial reasons (lower tax burden)?
No.
Or is Iraq the main issue?
No, not in and of itself.
Bush started the Iraq war prematurely.
As opposed to waiting 12 more years? I would assume he said, "Go" when the Generals said they were ready. Therefore he started the war right on time.
Bush is not a fiscal conservative - he's spiraled the debt over 7 Trillion dollars.
Not really no - both an oversimplication, and a sin of omission.
Bush's lax attention to national security pre 9/11 was a contributing factor in the success of Al Quada's terrorist attacks.
Disagree.
The Iraq war has not only subverted the war against Al Quada, but has inflamed passions in the middle east, making America more at risk for a terrorist attack.
Disagree.
The people in red states have little to fear from terrorist attacks - it is the people in blue states, near major population centers, that are at risk.
I think people in red states have more to worry about. We have Mr. bin Laden's word on that. Besides that, I don't really see the relevance of the statement.

Are you implying people in blue states are stupid?

Haha.

Merlin1047 said:
Well thanks for tossing me that marshmallow. The answer is that it was obvious from your initial post that your purpose here is primarily to advertise your website.

My initial purpose has changed. Prove the pundits wrong about the right.

Merlin1047 said:
It has become apparent from your remaining posts that your ego is so monstrous that any discourse with you is likely to be pointless.

Oh? Another ad hominem?

Merlin1047 said:
You source your own articles as "proof" and your posts do little to disguise your disdain for others in this forum. I suggest you send your resume to CBS - they may soon have an opening for a pompous leftist on their evening news.

I only hold disdain for parroting mindless drones that seem like they popped out of an Orwell novel. As I said, I was happy to hear some of the more well read and thought out comments - those with the vitriol, however, have only served to strengthen the negative perception of the far right.

And CBS isn't my style. I'll stick to print for the time being.

Regards,

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
How do you feel about these statements:

1) Bush started the Iraq war prematurely.

2) Bush is not a fiscal conservative - he's spiraled the debt over 7 Trillion dollars.

3) Bush's lax attention to national security pre 9/11 was a contributing factor in the success of Al Quada's terrorist attacks.

4) The Iraq war has not only subverted the war against Al Quada, but has inflamed passions in the middle east, making America more at risk for a terrorist attack.

5) The people in red states have little to fear from terrorist attacks - it is the people in blue states, near major population centers, that are at risk.

1- Garbage. 12 years of failed resolutions was way too long. This should have been done long ago.

2- Economically speaking, things have gotten better for me each and every year since Bush has been in office.

3- It was Clinton's refusal to have Bin Laden turned over to the US when he had a chance that was the biggest factor. I don't believe Bush was 'lax', nice way to spin your statements though.

4- More garbage. Terrorists are being removed in large numbers almost every day. I believe the world will be much safer as long as those willing to stand against terrorism stay the course.

5- I've read this retarded correlation before. Those who live in higher risk areas are not somehow smarter nor does their vote count any different. They just happen to be democratic strongholds. To imply that terrorist attacks in New York or Cali aren't as much of a concern to the rest of the nation is ludicrous.

Your statements are hilarious. I have a few of my own spinning statements, how do you feel about these:

1- So many have accused Bush of stealing the elections and they always offer ZERO proof.

2- Leading democrats made statements about Iraq and WMD and then changed their minds during election year like nobody would notice.

3- Dead people vote.

4- Thousands of terrorists have been killed or captured and hundreds of terrorist plots have been foiled in the past 3 years.

CivilLiberty said:
Permission? This is a public forum.

I hate to burst your bubble but this IS NOT a public forum. You are here as a guest and every single post here is property of this site once posted.

UsaPride said:
I know, I keep forgetting. The web doesn't need the use of manners. It is true, you can take what you want. It's just my manners carry over to the internet. I read posts here that I want to send out in emails to family and friends, I have never sent one thing without permission, via PM's, from the poster. Not everyone has the luxury of good manners. Sorry!
Carry on.....

I would not quote someone without permission. I am looking more t=for the gestalt of the sensibilities here.

A

CivilLiberty said:
Heh. Figures - you must have had the "Colmes" style liberals. Weak, wussy pansy asses.
Hey, what happened to them big ole pretty words?
Why don't you take a tour of the threads on this board. This board isn't "Right wing only". If you truely want to understand this board, and the people here, I think you should do what Journalists are supposed to do and investigate it a little before you come off talking about things of which you have no clue!

UsaPride said:
Why don't you take a tour of the threads on this board. This board isn't "Right wing only". If you truely want to understand this board, and the people here, I think you should do what Journalists are supposed to do and investigate it a little before you come off talking about things of which you have no clue!

Perfectly stated!

CivilLiberty said:
Heh. Figures - you must have had the "Colmes" style liberals. Weak, wussy pansy asses.

Well, if you find a leftist who can formulate a coherent argument based on facts, by all means, give them this web address. We'd be happy to have them.

Zhukov said:
Incidentally........you spelled your name wrong.

Yea, the keyboard for this laptop I'm using sometimes gives double letters for "n" and for "c". I saw that typo escaped my attention, and I was curious if/who might point it out - or lambast me for it. I believe there are a few more typos in a few of my posts I didn't bother to correct - can you find them too?

:)

Cheers,

Andy

UsaPride said:
Hey, what happened to them big ole pretty words?

No, it's not "this forum" that I'm interested in, it's the people here, that I've been interacting with today - anecdotally, it seems like a cross section of the right - the isolation from lefties I found surprising, but as I said, I only stumbled upon this place a few hours ago.

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
. I believe there are a few more typos in a few of my posts I didn't bother to correct - can you find them too?

Well, it's not really a typo, but you used the word distain where I think you meant disdain.

As for your name, that particular typo amused me, and I thought I'd share. You know, to spread the mirth.

CivilLiberty said:
No, it's not "this forum" that I'm interested in, it's the people here, that I've been interacting with today - anecdotally, it seems like a cross section of the right - the isolation from lefties I found surprising, but as I said, I only stumbled upon this place a few hours ago.
I didn't say "this forum", I said "this board" and the people here is what makes up "this board". You want a reaction from the "right" but you're coming off offensive, of course some people will seem defensive. You're getting the wrong impression because of how you're presenting yourself. Not very fair to the members here that are quite patient and actually kind to people with opposite beliefs but they come off respectful and intelligent.
I'm not trying to be rude to you, I'm just trying to explain because you're putting down some pretty good people here and it's really starting to iritate the hell out of me!

Zhukov said:
Well, it's not really a typo, but you used the word distain where I think you meant disdain.

As for your name, that particular typo amused me, and I thought I'd share. You know, to spread the mirth.

Which post is that in? I most likely would have meant disdain - one of those "spell checker won't catch" things. Though an archaic meaning of distain is "dishonor" which one might consider similar to some meanings of disdain. regardless, disdain is not a word I use often - what page of this thread was it on? Post?

Andy

UsaPride said:
I'm not trying to be rude to you, I'm just trying to explain because you're putting down some pretty good people here and it's really starting to iritate the hell out of me!

Well, I didn't "put anyone down" without them first attacking me. And the only person I can think of is Musicman, and it started in another thread.

Who else did I "put down"? (I'm not saying I didn't - I've been very busy today and may not remember - but I'd like to know who else it is you think I put down).

Regards,

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
Which post is that in? I most likely would have meant disdain - one of those "spell checker won't catch" things. Though an archaic meaning of distain is "dishonor". But disdain is not a word I use often - what page of this thread was it on? Post?

I think it was on the second page.

Press Control-F, then type in distain.

Forum List

Back