Vote Fraud Allegations Gathers Steam

Sir Evil said:
So let's hear what a so called non slanted news source would be? From what I saw and apparently you did not was that FOX news was about the only station to be accurate during the election. perhaps this is were you are drawing these theories from, maybe you need to watch a better news source! and you claim not to be a lib huh?:rolleyes:

Nonslanted? ALL news is slanted to some degree - I know, I'm a former broadcast journalist. the questions is, slanted and biased to what degree? FOX has a tendency to use unsupported statements within "news" segments. the next time you are watching FOX, listen for the line:

"some people say" or "some say". This is a way to bring bias into a news report. Fox uses this line all the time.

As far as "accurate" - Accurate in calling the election sooner? NBC (not MSNBC) also called Ohio with Fox - CNN and some others were more cautious and waited. They are all "accurate" - the question is, who wanted to jump in first? Fox? Good for them - that does not mean they are somehow "untouchable".

Regards,

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
Whether or not I'm capable of running the country is not at issue - the original premise was "how can I judge", top which I stated that as a born and raised American it is my duty to do so.

That's twice you've misquoted me now. Please use the quote button if you are having trouble rewriting exactly what someone wrote. I asked "What have you done to be able to judge someone so harshly?"

Your resume shows absolutely nothing at all that leads me to believe you are qualified to judge him so harshly. And no, it's not your duty to do so. Do you seriously consider it your duty to call the President of the USA illterate, when he's not? Incompetent or inept, when he's not? A moron, when he's not? You seriously think it's your duty to offer your unsubstantiated opinions? How very sad if you believe so.

jimnyc said:
Do you seriously consider it your duty to call the President of the USA illterate, when he's not? Incompetent or inept, when he's not? A moron, when he's not? You seriously think it's your duty to offer your unsubstantiated opinions? How very sad if you believe so.
Of course he does, remember, he's a leftist journalist! :D

Sir Evil said:
If you claim to be all this smart then why are you on this page with the stuff you are posting?

The ability to write/edit/produce/broadcast... does NOT equate to common sense. Some of the smartest people I've met were like speaking with eggs! Sometimes good 'ol fashioned common sense goes a long way.

Merlin1047 said:
You started off almost lucid. But you've come out of the closet with your last few posts and revealed yourself. You may be educated, you may be intelligent, but like most leftist you don't have walking-around sense. And like most pseudo-intellectual left wingers you are far more impressed with yourself than you have any right to be.

Not really, I was responding to a direct question regarding my credentials.

If you don't like my credentials, it does not bother me. Though, instead of flinging the ad hominems why not raise ourself above those like Musicman, and address a specific point of discussion?

Regards

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
Nonslanted? ALL news is slanted to some degree - I know, I'm a former broadcast journalist. the questions is, slanted and biased to what degree? FOX has a tendency to use unsupported statements within "news" segments. the next time you are watching FOX, listen for the line:

"some people say" or "some say". This is a way to bring bias into a news report. Fox uses this line all the time.

As far as "accurate" - Accurate in calling the election sooner? NBC (not MSNBC) also called Ohio with Fox - CNN and some others were more cautious and waited. They are all "accurate" - the question is, who wanted to jump in first? Fox? Good for them - that does not mean they are somehow "untouchable".

Regards,

Andy

Yeah - Dan Rather stayed on until six in the morning, saying pathetic stuff like "While it is certainly 'advantage: Bush' - this isn't over yet". He reminded me of Don Ameche in "Trading Places". The Stock Exchange had closed, he and his brother were ruined, they werer carting his brother away in an ambulance, and still he stood there shouting "Turn on those machines!" It was one of the most pathetic scenes I've ever witnessesd.

CivilLiberty said:

If you don't like my credentials, it does not bother me. Though, instead of flinging the ad hominems why not raise ourself above those like Musicman, and address a specific point of discussion?

Regards

Andy

Oh - you mean insult people in more flowery language? Blow it out your ass, liberal.

Sir Evil said:
If you claim to be all this smart then why are you on this page with the stuff you are posting? Oh, must be us dumb conservatives eh? I have read a lot of your page and wont subject the rest here to those insipid rants, this is why we dont allow linking unless first authorized.

I have learned one thing though, those who go around bragging about there smarts may very well have all those nice little awards,honors and iq's but still haven't proved to be worth a shit when it comes to talking politics on a message board! Telling us of your self proclaimed brilliance did nothing more than show just what a pompous ass you are!

First, as far as "arrogance" I was asked a direct question regarding my credentials. They are what they are - I don't care if you think I'm arrogant or not.

So have a Pabst Blue Ribbon and calm down! (joke)

Actually, I'm here trying to get a handle on your points of view. Many in the "blue" states find your points of view/beliefs inexplicable. Many think that neocons and fundies are mindless drones, hypnotized by Faux News.

"Musicman" seems to be a case in point. However, I can't believe that 29.5% of eligible voters (the portion of eligible voters that voted for Bush) are all mindless drones, as people in the Blue states would have one believe.

As such, I'm working on an article detailing the motivations and underpinnings of the hard core right voter. For instance, you do fully support Bush in everything he does? Do you have differences with him? Is FOX news the only news your watch? Do you believe in everything they say implicitly and without question?

What about fiscal conservatism? Or moral values? How/where do you think these belong in the president's administration?

Regards,

Andy

musicman said:
You as much as called me an idiot, ...You're the one who came onto this board, tooting your own horn and calling everybody stupid.

Where, oh where did I call you an "idiot"? Where oh where did I call you "stupid"?

You can't find the post? That's because I never called you those things.

Kindest Regards,

Andy

CL said:
Actually, I'm here trying to get a handle on your points of view.

Then maybe you should have begun with something other than a post about voter fraud allegations. Seems to me an odd avenue to take to find the information you are looking for.

musicman said:
Yeah - Dan Rather stayed on until six in the morning, saying pathetic stuff like "While it is certainly 'advantage: Bush' - this isn't over yet".

Dan rather seems to be suffering from dementia. Straight jacket for him coming soon!

I'm sure Ed Murrow is turning over in his grave.

A

CivilLiberty said:
As such, I'm working on an article detailing the motivations and underpinnings of the hard core right voter. For instance, you do fully support Bush in everything he does? Do you have differences with him? Is FOX news the only news your watch? Do you believe in everything they say implicitly and without question?

What about fiscal conservatism? Or moral values? How/where do you think these belong in the president's administration?
Oh, so you're here doing research and without anyone's permission, you're making them all little statistics in your article?
It would have been much easier if you just came clean in the first place.

CivilLiberty said:
Where, oh where did I call you an "idiot"? Where oh where did I call you "stupid"?

You can't find the post? That's because I never called you those things.

Kindest Regards,

Andy

You never called me those things in plain, everyday language, because you lack the guts and the strength of your convictions to SPEAK in plain, everyday language. You have the temerity to talk about Fox's manipulations of language, when this is the Old Media's stock-in-trade.

"Old Media" - I like that. "Old", as in "belonging to the past", "irrelevant", and "waiting around to die". It's a new day, my friend. Your treasured "Old Media" aren't the only game in town anymore. Seen Donahue on TV recently? How about Sally Jessy? This is what happens when America finally has a choice. This is where Dan Rather is going, and Al Franken with him. Ponder their fate, liberal. It's your future.

UsaPride said:
Oh, so you're here doing research and without anyone's permission, you're making them all little statistics in your article?

We are all bit players in the drama that is CL's life.

Zhukov said:
Then maybe you should have begun with something other than a post about voter fraud allegations. Seems to me an odd avenue to take to find the information you are looking for.

First, this is the first time I've been to this forum, and I'm surprised that it is entirely right (so far as I've seen).

Second, no, I got the reactions I needed.

Some of you here are obviously well read, have questioning minds, and think on your own feet - as I hoped. But others of you here do reflect the image of a modern, brain washed, neocon fundie drone.

We can dismiss the drones - they live in every society, and in every time in history - they walk in step to a certain drum beat to the exclusion of any other. This is of course true of the left as well - left liberal pinkos reading Mother Jones are just the opposite side off the coin.

It's pretty clear that everyone here voted for Bush.

What I'm more interested right now is the answer to this question:

Obviously you consider Bush the best leader compared to Kerry. But Kerry's a weak, left liberal, and not a strong centrist.

Do you think that Bush is the best possible leader for our nation today? Or only a better leader than Kerry?

If not Bush, who would work for you? Buchanon? Perot? Guliani?

Did you vote Bush based on your faith? Your moral values? For financial reasons (lower tax burden)? Or is Iraq the main issue?

How do you feel about these statements:

1) Bush started the Iraq war prematurely.

2) Bush is not a fiscal conservative - he's spiraled the debt over 7 Trillion dollars.

3) Bush's lax attention to national security pre 9/11 was a contributing factor in the success of Al Quada's terrorist attacks.

4) The Iraq war has not only subverted the war against Al Quada, but has inflamed passions in the middle east, making America more at risk for a terrorist attack.

5) The people in red states have little to fear from terrorist attacks - it is the people in blue states, near major population centers, that are at risk.

If you'd like, I'll split this to a new thread.

Regards

Andy

UsaPride said:

It didn't start out this way, but I became fascinated with this forum as it became clear that it appears to be entirely right-based. this all started just a few hours ago.

It's a very different/specific subset here - and a very different attitude of most other forums I've seen on the net, including the "conservative politics" forum at About.\

Regards

Andy

CivilLiberty said:

Regards

Andy

Well thanks for tossing me that marshmallow. The answer is that it was obvious from your initial post that your purpose here is primarily to advertise your website.

It has become apparent from your remaining posts that your ego is so monstrous that any discourse with you is likely to be pointless. You source your own articles as "proof" and your posts do little to disguise your disdain for others in this forum. I suggest you send your resume to CBS - they may soon have an opening for a pompous leftist on their evening news.

Next question?

CivilLiberty said:
It didn't start out this way, but I became fascinated with this forum as it became clear that it appears to be entirely right-based. this all started just a few hours ago.
Do you know why? Because most of the liberals are in hiding since Bush won. If you'd come here to investigate the minds of the wacky right before the election, you'd seen that we had liberals freely speaking their minds as well.
When you come off the way you do, people do seem to get a little defensive. If you'd been honest at the beginning, you wouldn't have got the backlash you got.
These guys here are good guys, they might not agree with you on things, but if you show respect for them, they'll show respect for you. Just a little helpful hint for you.

UsaPride said:

Permission? This is a public forum. And as I mentioned, it started as a post - that led to and interest in the individuals in this forum.

As you are aware, most areas of the internet are fairly left leaning. Here I am in a little nook of the information superhighway that appears to be all right. I want to understand your motivations, your thoughts. It's not being well reported. In fact, "red state citizens" are being heavily criticized (outside your red states, of course).

I'd like to get to the reality, and past the stereotypes.

Regards,

Andy

Forum List

Back