Vote for Rick Parry :-)

Looks like Perry has some 'splainin' to do :eek: :lol:
Rick Perry?s cash dash sparks worries - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com
Rick Perry’s campaign for Texas governor last year criticized his GOP primary opponent’s ties to a lobbyist caught on film apparently suggesting he could secure meetings for a deposed Central Asian politician with top Bush administration officials in exchange for a $250,000 donation to the Bush library.

But this summer, as Perry’s allies scrambled to build a fundraising network ahead of his late entry into the presidential race, they accepted help from the very same lobbyist

So you think Parry (R) is going to win the primaries? I kinda hope he does. Runnin' a Texan after Bu$h II is brilliant :doubt:

Running a turnip is brilliant dumbAss.
You're feisty this mornin' ma'am :eusa_drool:
Pretty sure it's Perry. Is the misspelling intentional? Just curious about the statement it's intended to make.

If you watched the all of 2 min's vid in the OP, you wouldn't be asking that question :eusa_eh:

I did, I just don't understand the insult spelling his name with an "a" is supposed to be. Ah well, probably because I'm not liberal. /shrug

I thought I recognized his voice, then I read the comments on YouTube. I never thought Stephen Colbert was very funny. His whole show is about parodying Bill O'Reilly amirite?

When he did his "Put my painting in the Smithsonian" stunt, I knew he was just an attention whore.
Just imagine, a comedian striving to be the center of attention.

Read a book once in a while conTARDS!!! :eusa_wall:
Political satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Satire can be traced back throughout history; wherever organized government has existed, so has satire.
The oldest example that has survived till today is Aristophanes. The Roman period, for example, gives us the satirical poems and epigrams of Martial while some social satire exists in the writings of Paul of Tarsus in the New Testament of the Bible.[citation needed] Cynic philosophers often engaged in political satire.
Due to lack of political freedom of speech in many ancient civilizations, covert satire is more usual than overt satire in ancient literatures of political liberalism. Historically, the public opinion in the Athenian democracy was remarkably influenced by the political satire performed by the comic poets at the theatres.[1] Watching or reading satire has since ancient time been considered one of the best ways to understand a culture and a society

Read a book once in a while conTARDS!!! :eusa_wall:
Political satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Satire can be traced back throughout history; wherever organized government has existed, so has satire.
The oldest example that has survived till today is Aristophanes. The Roman period, for example, gives us the satirical poems and epigrams of Martial while some social satire exists in the writings of Paul of Tarsus in the New Testament of the Bible.[citation needed] Cynic philosophers often engaged in political satire.
Due to lack of political freedom of speech in many ancient civilizations, covert satire is more usual than overt satire in ancient literatures of political liberalism. Historically, the public opinion in the Athenian democracy was remarkably influenced by the political satire performed by the comic poets at the theatres.[1] Watching or reading satire has since ancient time been considered one of the best ways to understand a culture and a society

Apparently Colbert's parody worked. The rubes voted for "Parry" in write ins..but they still counted them as Perry. Maybe next time Colbert can make a completely fictious character like "Ron Parry" or "Rick Paul".

:lol:

Forum List

Back