VooDoo is a legitamate religion.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I have heard many Haitians say they do not need American Christian missionaries coming to Haiti trying to convert them to Christianity.

They see VooDoo as a established and legitimate religion.

Voodoo might be a good religion. You don't have to believe in anybody. You just need a couple of real good chicken feet to shake at somebody and some needles to stick into goofy looking dolls.

Voodoo might be a good religion. You don't have to believe in anybody. You just need a couple of real good chicken feet to shake at somebody and some needles to stick into goofy looking dolls.

Mawu Lisa is the supreame being in VooDoo.

So is Buddism, Hinduism, you name it -ism.
Christians will continue to practice the Great Commission.

All religions have equal proof for their mystical and occult beliefs. Just because many people believe something doesn't make it true.

I have heard many Haitians say they do not need American Christian missionaries coming to Haiti trying to convert them to Christianity.

So they don't want to talk to your man in the sky? Cool.

So they don't want to talk to your man in the sky? Cool.

Some feel that it was this VooDoo God , that brought the Earth quake catastrophe upon
the Haitians.?
VooDoo does require human sacrifice at certain times.!!

Ironic considering that VooDoo is basically a house blend of African tribal practices and Catholicism.

Last edited:

Ironic considering that VooDoo is basically a house blend of African tribal practices and Catholicism.

Wrong, VooDoo goes way back in history, long before Catholicism came into existence.
VooDoo has nothing in common with Catholicism.

I heard they practice this in the White house Rohm Emanual has voo doo dolls of all the republican senators and congressmen and he pokes them with needles calls them fucken retards and throws them against the walls when they vote against democrat policies and talk badly of them!!!!

I heard they practice this in the White house Rohm Emanual has voo doo dolls of all the republican senators and congressmen and he pokes them with needles calls them fucken retards and throws them against the walls when they vote against democrat policies and talk badly of them!!!!

well that is pretty much how his brother ran his hollywoood tallent agency....so it wouldn't surprise me.....

The problem with religions that exploit "spiritism" is that some of the spirits are in conflict with Christian prayer and can cause backlash and other negative effects including death.

If you research Francis MacNutt's ministry and book on "Healing" he gives one of the best, most fair explanations why it is dangerous to mix Christian healing prayer with voodoo and witchcraft. He explains that the energy clashes and backfires, like mixing AC and DC currents. And this has been known to cause sudden deaths around people who mix them. He also gives similar warnings on the website for healing ministry and education at christianhealingmin.org

In his book "Healing" (I recommend the edition from 1999 or later which includes research and testimonies by medical professionals), he even cites a cases where the person has to first renounce and pray to forgive the healing done by the witchdoctor which was like a bandaid and did not fully heal the spiritual cause BEFORE the Christian healing methods of forgiveness for the past can be applied to break the generational causes of sickness and thus remove the blocks to healing the mental, physical or spiritual conditions.

So there is truth to the concepts of voodoo curses and the ill effect on the people and spirit; and the concepts of using Christian prayer to invoke "divine forgiveness" on such a central but collective level that it can overcome retributive cycles of hostility and divisions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back