Volvo Considering Moving Production from US to China Because of Trump Trade Taxes

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Because of Trump's Trade Taxes, Volvo is considering moving production from South Carolina to China.

But with tariffs at 40 percent, analysts have measured a sharp slowdown in demand for American-made vehicles.

"We … thought Charleston could build cars for China," Volvo's global CEO Hakan Samuelsson told USA Today during an interview at the Los Angeles Auto Show last week. "That will not work," Samuelsson added, noting that Volvo would consider shifting some production from Charleston to China, impacting production levels and hiring at the plant.

Other automakers could follow.​

No deal on auto tariffs as White House backpedals, Volvo threatens to move jobs overseas

Taxes kill jobs.

Trade taxes are no different. Even if your economically illiterate Orange God thinks they're great.

Because of Trump's Trade Taxes, Volvo is considering moving production from South Carolina to China.

But with tariffs at 40 percent, analysts have measured a sharp slowdown in demand for American-made vehicles.

"We … thought Charleston could build cars for China," Volvo's global CEO Hakan Samuelsson told USA Today during an interview at the Los Angeles Auto Show last week. "That will not work," Samuelsson added, noting that Volvo would consider shifting some production from Charleston to China, impacting production levels and hiring at the plant.

No deal on auto tariffs as White House backpedals, Volvo threatens to move jobs overseas

Taxes kill jobs.

Trade taxes are no different. Even if your economically illiterate Orange God thinks they're great.
Funny thing has happened with these tariffs...The lolberals around here have suddenly become aware that taxes kill jobs and make things more expensive.

Damndest thing.

Taxes kill jobs.

piece of shit car anyway, right along there with GM, good bye, it wont be missed, take a few liberals with you..

Volvos used to be made in Sweden until the company was driven out by taxes. Then they tried to make cars in America bug somehow the technique that they used to build good cars in Sweden remained in Sweden.

Taxes kill jobs.

Funny thing has happened with these tariffs...The lolberals around here have suddenly become aware that taxes kill jobs and make things more expensive.

Damndest thing.

Taxes create jobs (that may be too abstract odd dude, if you need an explanation, beg me and I'll edify you)

Taxes kill jobs.

Damndest thing.

Taxes create jobs (that may be too abstract odd dude, if you need an explanation, beg me and I'll edify you)

Only according to the Communist Party USA, do taxes create jobs.

Tax the Rich to Create Jobs

Taxes kill jobs.

Damndest thing.

Only according to the Communist Party USA, do taxes create jobs.

Tax the Rich to Create Jobs
Tax cuts for Billionaires is what makes jobs. They use that money for buybacks. Then, uh, well, what happens is, they hire people at less than minimum wage and then we pay for people's healthcare and food stamps because they aren't making a living wage.

Oh, I get it. Another way we get fuked by the GOP. It all makes sense.

Walmart Wages Are the Main Reason People Depend on Food Stamps

Americans are spending $153 billion a year to subsidize McDonald's and Wal-Mart’s low wage workers

That is, without a doubt, the most got-damned stupid thing that you have ever posted....And brother, that covers a lot of stupidity.

Taxes create jobs like ticks create blood.

Taxes build roads and maintain them, creating jobs; roads aid commerce, thus taxes aid commerce, and, commerce creates jobs.

The Swedish company Volvo used to make great well engineered, dependable cars.

Then about 10 years ago Volvo was sold to a Chinese company called Geely.

So that today, Volvo cars are basically unreliable pieces of expensive junk.

I'm sure they do well in China. ... :cool:

Last edited:
“Volvo is considering moving production from South Carolina to China.”

Businesses will always seek the least expensive means of production to maximize profit, starting with labor costs.

Trump’s failed trade policy serves only to facilitate that process.

Taxes build roads and maintain them, creating jobs; roads aid commerce, thus taxes aid commerce, and, commerce creates jobs.

As though nobody would build and maintain those roads in the absence of taxation?....Sure you want to go with that completely economically illiterate answer?

Sure, go ahead and give me an example.
Domino’s to fix potholes in Franklin Co. town

lol

The Swedish company Volvo used to make great well engineered, dependable cars.

Then about 10 years ago Volvo was sold to a Chinese company called Geely.

So that today, Volvo cars are basically unreliable pieces of expensive junk.

I'm sure they do well in China. ... :cool:

And now, thousands of Americans will lose their jobs because of Trump's Trade Taxes.

#MAGA

Forum List

Back