Volcano erupts in Iceland

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
(CNN) -- A volcano erupted beneath a glacier in south Iceland, forcing the evacuation of hundreds of people.

It was the first time since 1821 -- almost 200 years ago -- that the volcano under the Eyjafjallajokull glacier has erupted.

Eyjafjallajokull is about 100 miles (160 km) east of the capital, Reykjavik.

The country's civil protection agency did not immediately record any injuries or damage. But the heat from the volcano could melt the glacier and cause floods in the surrounding area.

Volcano erupts in Iceland - CNN.com

In other news, Eyjafjallajokull is the first known volcano to have been named by a monkey with access to a computer keyboard.

Well dang............that name looks just like some of the new member nicks , maybe I should change mine to, oiuydsfaljOU812?

Global Warming strikes again. We warned Iceland so much that we made it an active volcano

We need to take some readings from right above the magma chamber to see how much our SUV's have warmed the oceans

Last edited:
(CNN) -- A volcano erupted beneath a glacier in south Iceland, forcing the evacuation of hundreds of people.

It was the first time since 1821 -- almost 200 years ago -- that the volcano under the Eyjafjallajokull glacier has erupted.

The country's civil protection agency did not immediately record any injuries or damage. But the heat from the volcano could melt the glacier and cause floods in the surrounding area.

In other news, Eyjafjallajokull is the first known volcano to have been named by a monkey with access to a computer keyboard.
The monkey with access to a keyboard is funny.......and I thought that the name of that glacier was a joke at first.

Now the earthquakes around Cuba,Guatemala,Aleutians etc in the last hour.
We're all gonna die, I just know it! :lol:

One thing for sure, Mother Nature has us ALL by the short hairs! Women always get their way don't they.

Volcanoes in Iceland, earthquakes in Cuba, God's anger at ObamaCare?

:lol: not anger, but God is most likely shaking his head and laughing, maybe saying to himself, Self, I think I need to upgrade my creations, they are going backward instead of forward. Let's see Mankind version 2.1, I tried version 69 and they multiplied too fast and they got stupid :lol:

Volcanoes in Iceland, earthquakes in Cuba, God's anger at ObamaCare?

:lol: not anger, but God is most likely shaking his head and laughing, maybe saying to himself, Self, I think I need to upgrade my creations, they are going backward instead of forward. Let's see Mankind version 2.1, I tried version 69 and they multiplied too fast and they got stupid :lol:

What's a "6.9"?

A really good time interrupted by a period. :D

Still L'ingOL!

Forum List

Back