Voices of Iraq

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
If anyone ever has any doubt about the way the Iraqi people see the future of their country, please watch what I found to be an incredible and heartening documentary, Voices of Iraq.

150 camcorders were passed around to the various people of Iraq, who comment at length about politics, religion, and the state of their nation. This is a wake up call to those who claim the Iraqis are turning against the coalition, when the opposite is clearly the case in almost every unscripted commentary. All of it was filmed during last year, through the attack in Falluja, the Olympics (where Iraq placed in 4th among the world for soccer), and up to the new elections. What a GREAT DOCUMENTARY. And it really reveals just how wrong the left has been about the feelings of the regular Iraqi towards the war on terror. There are many who say directly that they hope to spread Democracy to the rest of the middle east via their example.

Comrade said:
If anyone ever has any doubt about the way the Iraqi people see the future of their country, please watch what I found to be an incredible and heartening documentary, Voices of Iraq.

150 camcorders were passed around to the various people of Iraq, who comment at length about politics, religion, and the state of their nation. This is a wake up call to those who claim the Iraqis are turning against the coalition, when the opposite is clearly the case in almost every unscripted commentary. All of it was filmed during last year, through the attack in Falluja, the Olympics (where Iraq placed in 4th among the world for soccer), and up to the new elections. What a GREAT DOCUMENTARY. And it really reveals just how wrong the left has been about the feelings of the regular Iraqi towards the war on terror. There are many who say directly that they hope to spread Democracy to the rest of the middle east via their example.

What channel or is it for rental? In theaters? Sounds fascinating!

Kathianne said:
What channel or is it for rental? In theaters? Sounds fascinating!

It's out on DVD, and you can order it as a rental from Netflix. I think you'll throughly enjoy seeing it and gloating about it later. There are many types and ages interviewed by the national Iraqis themselves. NO Reporters! NO Moore-like Documentarians! :mm:

Comrade said:
It's out on DVD, and you can order it as a rental from Netflix. I think you'll throughly enjoy seeing it and gloating about it later. There are many types and ages interviewed by the national Iraqis themselves. NO Reporters! NO Moore-like Documentarians! :mm:

Thanks. I don't do Netflix, but I'll check Blockbuster.

Forum List

Back