Voice of Russia

But you can imagine, after the 1990s, why people would look back to the Communist era with a sense of nostalgia.

Really it turns out more interesting.

There are very elderly people who, in the 1990s, were too conservative to adapt to the changes. They basically support the USSR. This is not surprising. Although among them there are many anti-Soviet people, in fact, there were many dissidents in the USSR itself.

There are people like me who managed to live in the USSR at a conscious age, but whose youth fell in the 1990s, and maturity in the already restored Russia of the current period. Our stratum has very different opinions. It is difficult to identify the main. There are those who peddle over the USSR. There are those who consider it a crime. Even more of those who just live real and think about the future, but do not attach much importance to the classification of the past.

The third group is the youth, which was born after the collapse of the USSR. Even in the late 1990s. Those who did not find devastation, hunger, banditry of the early 1990s. It seems that they should be less susceptible to Soviet influence. But here it is interesting. It is among them that today there are many ardent supporters of the USSR :)

But, in general, the young people born in the 1990s have turned out to be more conservative than usual. Psychologists have already noted this paradox. Usually, in other countries, young people are always revolutionary and reactionary. And with age it becomes more conservative. As the saying goes (erroneously attributed to Churchill): "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain". So, in Russia it turned out that the current generation of 25-year-olds is basically conservative :) They do not want change, having seen enough of what was with the previous generation. This partly explains the absence in Russia today of any sane opposition.

In Russia, some are unhappy that the role of Tsar Nicholas II in the movie "Matilda" was chosen by a German actor. In my opinion, these people are as illiterate as foreigners who believed that Russia historically is very different from the West :) The entire monarchical dynasty of Russia has foreign roots, starting from the Vikings of the Rurik people. Type, here, we have such a simple people. We could not organize the government ourselves - we were called to rule us foreigners :D And then, as in any self-respecting monarchical tradition, there was a huge number of cross-marriages with neighboring monarchs.

So the last Russian Tsar, Nicholas II, was a direct cousin with the British King George V (and also with the German Kaiser Wilhelm II).

Look at this photo, where Nicholas II and Georg V. are photographed together. You can answer without looking in the directory, which of them stands where? :)

20799903_1628466000506006_5335147139911636443_n.jpg

AliExpress opened the first virtual stores in Russia. I do not know how famous AliExpress is in the US, it's such a "Chinese eBuy", very popular in Russia. I received about 700 parcels from them over the past few years :) When I come to the post office to receive a parcel (we usually do not get them home, we need to follow them to the post office), then everything is filled up with these Chinese parcels - they are, probably, 90% of the mail traffic in Russia :D

So, the trading platform AliExpress announced the opening in 11 cities of Russia a network of branded stores with elements of virtual reality. Users will need to find special tags and point them at a smartphone or tablet to see on the screen a store with virtual goods in categories such as electronics, clothing and children's things. The company allocated 12 million rubles for this project, most of which went to the creation of digital copies of goods.

Special "tags" can be found both in shopping centers, and simply on the street. AliExpress plans to place 121 markers in the specified cities. Through the screen of the mobile device, users will be able to see a virtual version of a real offline store with display cases and shelves. Inside, different goods will be presented, which can be viewed from all sides and immediately acquired.

I do not know yet how it will look (I have not seen it yet) and how convenient it is, but let's see what happens :)

For the night before last, Russian tactical aircraft dealt 48 air strikes on the outskirts of Abu Kemal in Syria. The news is overdue, because official channels about such numbers are not distributed often, and I do not read informal ones regularly :)

In general, ISIS from Syria has almost been knocked out.

photo_2017-11-03_13-24-49.jpg

Last edited:
The Su-24 in Syria. Each star - 10 sorties. The photo is old, last year.

Each sortie, on average, has three destroyed targets.

The upgraded Su-24 was equipped with an original system "Hephaestus", which provides a high-precision dump of unguided bombs. The wind, temperature, humidity and other atmospheric parameters are taken into account, the drop is automatic. Therefore, accuracy is achieved, comparable to controlled and corrected aerial bombs. The accuracy is lower, of course, but still the radius of dispersion is less than the radius of engagement of an air bomb. Therefore, for one combat sortie, an attack of several targets is usually carried out, one bomb per each.

Last edited:
I wrote this for another forum, the topic that Brexit is the result of Russia's intervention. But I'll duplicate the answer here :)

In the Soviet period there was such an anecdote:

A new immigrant from the USSR continues to read Soviet newspapers in Israel. "I can not read the Israeli press", he explains. - It writes that in Israel inflation, corruption, demoralization, and in general Israel on the eve of a complete collapse. But the Soviet newspapers! Read and see that Israel is a powerful power that has captured half the globe and is about to capture the second!

So, now for the same reasons in Russia it is more interesting to read Western forums. The Russian forums say that corruption, inflation, crime, problems in medicine and education in Russia, a failed international policy, the lack of alternatives in power ... You will come to the Western forum - Russia influences the elections of superpowers, splits states, Russian hackers are the most famous, advertising for $150,000 turns out to be more effective than a lot of millions of western advertising ... You're just starting to be proud of the country, damn it! But then you come back and wonder how much, it turns out, Western propaganda works on the heads of the inhabitants of the West ;)

Last edited:
Today in Moscow there was a Russian march. These are annual marches and rallies of representatives of Russian nationalist organizations and movements in various cities of Russia. Here is the current state of the modern nationalist movement in Russia in two photographs from Moscow :)

photo_2017-11-04_14-05-10.jpg

photo_2017-11-04_18-10-34.jpg

Here's to illustrate - Russian March 2013. It seems that this was the peak of the Russian nationalist movement. Then there was Ukraine, the confrontation of the West with Russia and Russian nationalism was blown away.

0_921a1_f8137005_orig.jpg

0_bd72b_5a4b39dc_orig.jpg

Anything I can send you electronically from the USA?? You probably can get most anything you want in Moscow.

I will answer you better in this topic, so that that topic is not immersed in politics :)

Do you mean any news and information? Believe me, we are here in Russia, not behind the Iron Curtain :D

I already wrote above that in Russia the vast majority of people have access to the Internet. And, despite the debilitating locks of Roskomnadzor of some sites, we do not have an analogue of the Great Chinese Firewall. So the information is spread freely. In addition, we even have a lot of western channels on TV. I hardly use TV, only children watch cartoons, but when I turn the channels, I see in my basic TV package EuroNews, BBC World News, Deutsche Welle and France 24 :)

Maybe someone will be interested :) The result of voting in Telegram on the liberal pro-American channel of the opposition radio station Echo of Moscow. The question is "Is the punishment fair for Kevin Spacey?". 1330 of those who voted.

No = 79%
Difficult to answer = 12%
Yes = 9%

Выделение_010.png

For the night before last, Russian tactical aircraft dealt 48 air strikes on the outskirts of Abu Kemal in Syria. The news is overdue, because official channels about such numbers are not distributed often, and I do not read informal ones regularly :)

In general, ISIS from Syria has almost been knocked out.

View attachment 158577

When you read western lying 'medias' you conclude ISIS was defeated by Israel and USA, but not by Russia.

Anything I can send you electronically from the USA?? You probably can get most anything you want in Moscow.

I will answer you better in this topic, so that that topic is not immersed in politics :)

Do you mean any news and information? Believe me, we are here in Russia, not behind the Iron Curtain :D

I already wrote above that in Russia the vast majority of people have access to the Internet. And, despite the debilitating locks of Roskomnadzor of some sites, we do not have an analogue of the Great Chinese Firewall. So the information is spread freely. In addition, we even have a lot of western channels on TV. I hardly use TV, only children watch cartoons, but when I turn the channels, I see in my basic TV package EuroNews, BBC World News, Deutsche Welle and France 24 :)

Well -- I was thinking more of sending things like "Beef Jerky" or a recipe for Boston Creme Pie, a pet alligator for the family, or the latest "Country Music" hit recordings. :lmao:

Here's the test for how "free" how your media sources are. You ARE aware that by American standards -- it's now a CRIME to have conversations with ANY Russians -- right ?? :funnyface:

You've been intensely made into terrible villains by American politics for the last 2 years..

My condolences to all, in connection with the shooting in the Baptist church in Texas.

In general, the past day was very rich in many high-profile events, many of which are tragic. Some crazy weekend turned out all over the world.

Why (((democrats))), Ukrainians, Lithuanians are allowed to be patriotiс, but Russians not?

Unfortunately, these are not patriotic, but nationalist movements. I'm not sure that despite the same roots in both Russian and English (the "patriot" is written in Russian and English in the same way, only with the transcription of letters - "патриот"), the semantics of these words in different languages exactly coincide.

(if you studied the symbol "Pi" = 3.14... in mathematics or the symbol "Rho" (density) in physics, then the letters "п" and "р" are also clear to you - the same letters as in Greek and are read as "p" and "r")

In Russia, a patriot is someone who wishes good to his country, regardless of the nationality of those who live in this country. Patriots in Russia are sometimes nationalists, if they believe that it is better for the country to be mono-national, but this is a rarity.

A nationalist in Russia is the one who considers the representatives of other nationalities worse than the Russians.

Patriotism is, in its essence, creators. Those who follow him want to strengthen their country. Nationalism is the destroyer. For the nationalist, the main thing is to make it worse for other "bad" nationalities. This is what we, for example, observe in Ukraine. It is more important for them to make Russia as bad as possible and they turn a blind eye to what is happening in Ukraine itself. Which leads to its rapid destruction today.

So, nationalism in Russia sometimes takes aggressive forms, but it is doomed. The problem is that there is no such nation - "Russians" :) This is a common naming of a cultural ethnos formed by a dense fusion of many nationalities for thousands of years. Approximately, as in the case of the "American nation", only much older. In the Russian hundreds of different nationalities are mixed for many centuries. Pushkin was the grandson of the Negro. All Russian kings are of European descent. The most famous military leaders are French and Germans. Great inventors - Poles and Jews. And so on.

There is such a historical anecdote.

Emperor Nicholas I once at a court ball asked the Marquis Astolph de Custine, who fled to Russia from the French Revolution:

"Marquis, do you think there are many Russians in this room?"

"All but me and foreign ambassadors, Your Majesty!"

- You are wrong. This my approximate is a Pole, that's a German. There are two generals standing there: they are Georgians. This courtier is a Tatar, here is a Finn, and there is a baptized Jew.

"Then where are the Russians?" Inquired Custine.

- But all together they are Russian.

Is this how to survive an honest nationalist in these conditions? Choose people for blonde hair and gray eyes? But this is an image of a Tatar, not a Russian! :D Therefore, nationalists in Russia are very difficult. To do this, you must be completely primitive and illiterate, or live in a world completely divorced from reality.

There are many small news, for which there are no suitable topics, but which are not worthy of the institution of individual topics. With your permission, I will lead a separate topic and I will flood here :)
Putin takes it up the ass

Here's the test for how "free" how your media sources are. You ARE aware that by American standards -- it's now a CRIME to have conversations with ANY Russians -- right ?? :funnyface:

What is now happening in the United States in regard to contacts with the Russians looks like the worst caricatures of the USSR :) The presumption of innocence? Freedom of relations? No, they did not! If you had contact with a Russian, then prove yourself immediately that you are innocent! :)

So it looks from Russia :)

But enough jokes for now. Yesterday, a very loud terrorist attack took place in Syria. The car with the suicide bomber, stuffed with explosives, drove into the refugee camp in Deir ez Zor and exploded there. Immediately pogliblo more than 100 people. Many will die because there is no normal medicine there.

photo_2017-11-05_12-06-52.jpg

Forum List

Back