Vocabulary

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
I try to limit what vocabulary I use when posting strictly for purposes of communication but I love words and found a new one while searching for the Rules of War (an oxymoron in my opinion)

Debellatio (also debellation) (lat.: "Defeating, or the act of conquering or subduing") designates the end of a war caused by complete destruction of a hostile state.

The Unconditional surrender of the Third Reich at the end of World War II has been cited as a case of Debellatio [1][2][3]. In other cases debellation ends with a complete dissolution and annexation of the defeated state into the victor's national territory, as happened at the end of the Third Punic War with the defeat of Carthage by Rome in the second century BC[4].

I'm sure some of you may have already known this but for those who didn't--now you do! :)

Nienna said:
That's a new one for me, dillo! I love words, too, so thanks for sharing. :)

My pleasure. Problem is finding someone to use it on who won't think I'm talking dirty. :teeth:

Nienna said:
Just make sure you're in the presence of a hottie when you let that word fly! ;)

:rotflmao: My girlfirends always accused me of "missing it" when someone was flirting with me so I can't make any promises.

dilloduck said:
Ok--I'll use ' debellation ' instead.:halo:
It's the hottest new song on the radio!!!!!

Everybodys doin the brand new dance now,
Come on baby, do the debellation ...
I know you'll get to like it if you give it a chance now,

My little baby sister can do it with ease,
It's easier than learnin your abc,
So come on, come on, do the debellation with me...

KarlMarx said:
It's the hottest new song on the radio!!!!!

Everybodys doin the brand new dance now,
I know you'll get to like it if you give it a chance now,

My little baby sister can do it with ease,
It's easier than learnin your abc,
So come on, come on, do the debellation with me...

MAybe it's a good thing we missed each other in New York. I got a feeling we might have gotten into trouble! :teeth:

dilloduck said:
:rotflmao: My girlfirends always accused me of "missing it" when someone was flirting with me so I can't make any promises.
WHY are men this way???? I've heard & seen this happen with so many.
Unless a girl/woman is, what I consider quite brazen, and tells the guy exactly what's on her mind, he's clueless.

Like last weekend with one of the band members. A lady touched his crotch while he was talking to her. He politely told her she'd be disappointed. (I think his wife, had she been there, would have killed the woman.)

Forum List

Back