VN chopper pilot...Mei Li massacre..

A

archangel

was just reported on CNN that the rescue pilot during the Mei Li massacre in Vietnam....has passed away from cancer...Now I'm worried about the depleted rounds issue...NOT!...But I do send condolences to his family...hope they all rest in peace! He to meet God and they to have great memories of his heorics!

archangel said:
was just reported on CNN that the rescue pilot during the Mei Li massacre in Vietnam....has passed away from cancer...Now I'm worried about the depleted rounds issue...NOT!...But I do send condolences to his family...hope they all rest in peace! He to meet God and they to have great memories of his heorics!

Hmmm, strange coincidence here...maybe...but of the 5 Vietnam vets I have personally known, 4 are dead from the same type of liver cancer. The other one was jungle recon and usually wasn't in the large engagements, so he's actually managed to live to a ripe old age, though the wound that sent him home necessitates a cane. As for the liver cancer, I blame agent orange. The guy who's still alive is the only one who was never exposed to it.

Hobbit said:
Hmmm, strange coincidence here...maybe...but of the 5 Vietnam vets I have personally known, 4 are dead from the same type of liver cancer. The other one was jungle recon and usually wasn't in the large engagements, so he's actually managed to live to a ripe old age, though the wound that sent him home necessitates a cane. As for the liver cancer, I blame agent orange. The guy who's still alive is the only one who was never exposed to it.

out of the two school friends who went to Nam after I did neither has contracted cancer from agent orange and neither did I...however a couple of friends I had while serving did and passed away...one even played football with me in college...met him again while working as a fed...we both worked in Arizona and Calif...and got sprayed with the agent orange equivalent working the Mexican border...defolient sprays to remove the cotton leaves..maybe this was the dose that pushed him over the edge... :huh:

Forum List

Back