Vladimir Putin bids for major world role as his forces move into Syria

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Another viewpoint of why Russia is in Syria,

Last week satellite images revealed Russia’s military expansion in Syria, with deployments of troops, tanks and warplanes. Now western governments are scrambling to respond to the shift in power in the Middle East

'Putin and Kremlin had a clear goal to overcome international isolation because of Ukraine' – military analyst Alexander Golts. Photograph: ITAR-TASS Photo/Corbis/Alexei Nikolsky
Emma Graham-Harrison and Alec Luhn

Saturday 26 September 2015 19.02 EDTLast modified on Saturday 26 September 201519.04 EDT
Russian president Vladimir Putin’s dramatic deployment of soldiers, weapons and aircraft to Syria is aimed at reshaping not just a civil war on the edge of the Mediterranean but Russia’s standing in the international community.

Moscow has been isolated for years by sanctions slapped on the country as punishment for its annexation of Crimea and support for separatists in eastern Ukraine. Doubling down on his support for the beleaguered Syrian regime, Putin sent a clear signal that there would be no solution to the bloody quagmire without Moscow.

“Putin and Kremlin had a clear goal to overcome international isolation because of Ukraine,” says Alexander Golts, military analyst and deputy editor of a news site that was censored hours after Crimea was annexed. “The idea of an anti-Isis coalition looked like some kind of excellent bridge to overcome isolation, and it appears to have worked.”

Continue reading at:

Vladimir Putin bids for major world role as his forces move into Syria?

Last week satellite images revealed Russia’s military expansion in Syria, with deployments of troops, tanks and warplanes. Now western governments are scrambling to respond to the shift in power in the Middle East

'Putin and Kremlin had a clear goal to overcome international isolation because of Ukraine' – military analyst Alexander Golts. Photograph: ITAR-TASS Photo/Corbis/Alexei Nikolsky

Saturday 26 September 2015 19.02 EDTLast modified on Saturday 26 September 201519.04 EDT
Russian president Vladimir Putin’s dramatic deployment of soldiers, weapons and aircraft to Syria is aimed at reshaping not just a civil war on the edge of the Mediterranean but Russia’s standing in the international community.

Moscow has been isolated for years by sanctions slapped on the country as punishment for its annexation of Crimea and support for separatists in eastern Ukraine. Doubling down on his support for the beleaguered Syrian regime, Putin sent a clear signal that there would be no solution to the bloody quagmire without Moscow.

“Putin and Kremlin had a clear goal to overcome international isolation because of Ukraine,” says Alexander Golts, military analyst and deputy editor of a news site that was censored hours after Crimea was annexed. “The idea of an anti-Isis coalition looked like some kind of excellent bridge to overcome isolation, and it appears to have worked.”

Continue reading at:

---
All USA has to do is supply Ukraine the weapons they need to rid the Russians out of eastern Ukraine, and the Russians will be out of Syria in no time!

Continue reading at:

---
All USA has to do is supply Ukraine the weapons they need to rid the Russians out of eastern Ukraine, and the Russians will be out of Syria in no time!

Sounds like you should be running things. Actually the U.S. should have been supplying the Kurds with weapons all along because the Kurds would probably be the ones who could handle these terrorist groups. By the way, I am jealous of you being able to drive so fast without getting a ticket. I got one for doing 96 on Interstate 5.

Doesn't he already have one as the anti-christ against whom the majority/plurality of America's forces are postured?

Continue reading at:

---

Sounds like you should be running things. Actually the U.S. should have been supplying the Kurds with weapons all along because the Kurds would probably be the ones who could handle these terrorist groups. By the way, I am jealous of you being able to drive so fast without getting a ticket. I got one for doing 96 on Interstate 5.
Given that ISIS-Sally is so vehemently against Assad for some lunatic reason, I am very sure, she gets a hissy fit watching those Russian troops bury her wet dreams forever, despite her phoney neutrality in this thread.

When we take a look at Syria and virtually remove the Syrian troops from the battlefields, we would see that ISIS would overrun the Kurds. That is of course, what ISIS-Sally wants. There is a reason, she´s called ISIS-Sally. Look at ISIS-Sally and the monkey PK1, who want to give US arms into the hands of Nazis and Islamist terrorists. Its those, the world can forbear from, not Assad.

---
Actually the U.S. should have been supplying the Kurds with weapons all along because the Kurds would probably be the ones who could handle these terrorist groups. By the way, I am jealous of you being able to drive so fast without getting a ticket. I got one for doing 96 on Interstate 5.
---
If you did only 96 on the autobahn, you would need to be in the slow lane. I did 120 mph in Germany, not CA's I-5.

Yes, the Kurds should be supplied with adequate weapons to defend their own territory, and help rid ISIS.
The ISIS are afraid of being killed by the Kurdish female soldiers (prevents them from getting 72 virgins in Allah's heaven, LOL), so help to the Kurds is a good investment.

---
Actually the U.S. should have been supplying the Kurds with weapons all along because the Kurds would probably be the ones who could handle these terrorist groups. By the way, I am jealous of you being able to drive so fast without getting a ticket. I got one for doing 96 on Interstate 5.
---
If you did only 96 on the autobahn, you would need to be in the slow lane. I did 120 mph in Germany, not CA's I-5.

Yes, the Kurds should be supplied with adequate weapons to defend their own territory, and help rid ISIS.
The ISIS are afraid of being killed by the Kurdish female soldiers (prevents them from getting 72 virgins in Allah's heaven, LOL), so help to the Kurds is a good investment.

It think many of us here will agree that both the Kurdish men and women are very brave fighters who could have made mince meat out of ISIS at the beginning if they had had the proper weapons.

It wasn't from lack of trying to go faster than 96. The truck I was driving just wouldn't go any faster. I have to say that the CHP Officer was very nice in just giving me a ticket for $136.00. Maybe he was amused at seeing an older person trying to emulate Barney Oldfield.

Continue reading at:

---

Given that ISIS-Sally is so vehemently against Assad for some lunatic reason, I am very sure, she gets a hissy fit watching those Russian troops bury her wet dreams forever, despite her phoney neutrality in this thread.

When we take a look at Syria and virtually remove the Syrian troops from the battlefields, we would see that ISIS would overrun the Kurds. That is of course, what ISIS-Sally wants. There is a reason, she´s called ISIS-Sally. Look at ISIS-Sally and the monkey PK1, who want to give US arms into the hands of Nazis and Islamist terrorists. Its those, the world can forbear from, not Assad.

Oh look, folks, if nothing else, the Little Shit has learned the expression "hissy fit". Of course he has one whenever something derogatory is said about his idol. Notice how I basically leave Baghdad Bob Junior's news broadcasts alone, but he never can restrain himself from putting his two cents into anything I post. Can anyone ever see the Little Shit as brave as the Kurds? In fact, look at him sitting safely in his room at the Nut House instead of going to help his idol Assad. Maybe in his demented mind he thinks that by staying up posting in defense of his idol when most Germans are sound asleep is the sign of a brave warrior.

Continue reading at:

---

Oh look, folks, if nothing else, the Little Shit has learned the expression "hissy fit". Of course he has one whenever something derogatory is said about his idol. Notice how I basically leave Baghdad Bob Junior's news broadcasts alone, but he never can restrain himself from putting his two cents into anything I post. Can anyone ever see the Little Shit as brave as the Kurds? In fact, look at him sitting safely in his room at the Nut House instead of going to help his idol Assad. Maybe in his demented mind he thinks that by staying up posting in defense of his idol when most Germans are sound asleep is the sign of a brave warrior.
The crap-filled ISIS-Sally has only personal attacks to offer. A clear hint about her arguments she has...

Continue reading at:

---

The crap-filled ISIS-Sally has only personal attacks to offer. A clear hint about her arguments she has...

---
You are not convincing by throwing your own personal attacks and trying to associate ISIS & Nazi to someone without any substantiation.
All that shows is how immature you are, and your frustration in losing debates.

---
You are not convincing by throwing your own personal attacks and trying to associate ISIS & Nazi to someone without any substantiation.

Putin is an asshole for supporting Assad. During the Syrian Civil War, Assad was personally implicated in war crimes and crimes against humanity by the United Nations, and was tops on a list of individuals indicted for the greatest responsibility in war crimes for prosecution by the International Criminal Court.

---

---
So you are one of those who echo what they see in their newspaper and have no idea what they are talking about.

Natotruppen.jpg

---

Putin is an asshole for supporting Assad. During the Syrian Civil War, Assad was personally implicated in war crimes and crimes against humanity by the United Nations, and was tops on a list of individuals indicted for the greatest responsibility in war crimes for prosecution by the International Criminal Court.
That´s nonsense. Terrorists and those who support them, are responsible for war crimes.

UN Investigator Undercuts New York Times on Syria. Assad Government not Responsible for August 21 Chemical Attack

Syria: UN Mission Report Confirms that "Opposition" Rebels Used Chemical Weapons against Civilians and Government Forces

---

That´s nonsense. Terrorists and those who support them, are responsible for war crimes.

UN Investigator Undercuts New York Times on Syria. Assad Government not Responsible for August 21 Chemical Attack

Syria: UN Mission Report Confirms that "Opposition" Rebels Used Chemical Weapons against Civilians and Government Forces

I don't believe the UN has come out with the current report as to who has dropped those barrel bombs. It will be interesting to see what their investigation comes up with-- Assad's helicopter or the other side.

---

I don't believe the UN has come out with the current report as to who has dropped those barrel bombs. It will be interesting to see what their investigation comes up with-- Assad's helicopter or the other side.
Bombing terrorists isn´t a war crime. However, chemical attacks are and the UN says, your men in black launched chemical attacks on both civilians and forces. We can see, you are talking about "barrel bombs", instead. Did you meet some homeless persons on your search for deposit bottles for ISIS? And you stole their barrel-oven to claim its a barrel bomb?

---

Bombing terrorists isn´t a war crime. However, chemical attacks are and the UN says, your men in black launched chemical attacks on both civilians and forces. We can see, you are talking about "barrel bombs", instead. Did you meet some homeless persons on your search for deposit bottles for ISIS? And you stole their barrel-oven to claim its a barrel bomb?

I believe the doctor who testified at the UN is not considered a terrorist by normal people. However, you being mentally ill would call him a terrorist. Let's remember how the people were aghast and practically in tears when they heard his testimony about how people couldn't breathe and died from the chlorine in those barrel bombs.

---

I believe the doctor who testified at the UN is not considered a terrorist by normal people. However, you being mentally ill would call him a terrorist. Let's remember how the people were aghast and practically in tears when they heard his testimony about how people couldn't breathe and died from the chlorine in those barrel bombs.
Maybe, A Syrian bomb hit a weapon depot of the terrorists. The terrorists should not have been terrorists. Or the doctor received a good fee for his entrance.

Maybe, A Syrian bomb hit a weapon depot of the terrorists. The terrorists should not have been terrorists. Or the doctor received a good fee for his entrance.

That's pretty disgusting saying the doctor got paid to testify. Don't you think he was doing all he could for those gasping for breath because of your beloved's barrel bombs with chlorine being dropped? Now go to sleep finally like a good little squirt. I am beginning to think you stay up to post because it is the only human communication you get in your sorry life.

---
So you are one of those who echo what they see in their newspaper and have no idea what they are talking about.
---
Looks like YOU are the one who echos what they see in the newspaper ... and exaggerates its relevance based on your personal agenda.
Have you ever been to Ukraine? Russia?
I have.
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Putin is an asshole.

Forum List

Back