‘Vitriolic coverage’: Study examines why Fox News viewers hate Obama

Please give evidence to your statement, S.J.

Crazy.
The evidence is in his record over the past 5 years. If you can't see it, you're either blind or stupid.

Not good enough. Provide proof.
Not jumping through any hoops for you, Grandma. Obama's assault on the Constitution and the economy is well-documented. Deny it if you want, it just makes you look stupid.

poor ObamaBots, they see their Dear leader falling down and can't get up..

so they have to try and LIFT him up with a bunch of whiny Studies

Yea, "studies" are whiny. Like "research" and "education". Unneeded and "whiny". Unlike you.

Poor Stephanie and other mindless haters don't see the results of any real research because those results are carefully hidden far away in secretive places like the internet.

=====

I saw a very interesting documentary concerning the importance of keeping us afraid and upset and hate-filled. Certain political pov's depend on hate and fear. For example, if people admitted that there's no real reason to believe our president is not an American citizen, they would also have to see just how completely they have been fooled into voting against their own best interests.

Kochs, Adelson, Murdoch (and his MUSLIM ARAB buddy) don't spend all that money for nothing.

The haters fall for this crap because they need to. Without their completely mindless hatred, they would have no identity. No reason to come out from under their bed and put on their tin foil hats every day.

The evidence is in his record over the past 5 years. If you can't see it, you're either blind or stupid.

Not jumping through any hoops for you, Grandma. Obama's assault on the Constitution and the economy is well-documented. Deny it if you want, it just makes you look stupid.

IOW, you can't post even one example of your accusation.

This is exactly what I was talking about.

SJ just KNOWS that President Obama has made "assaults on the Constitution and the economy" because fux/limbaugh/beck, etc told him so.

Just don't ask him for proof cuz he doesn't have any.

:cuckoo:

SJ just KNOWS that President Obama has made "assaults on the Constitution and the economy" because fux/limbaugh/beck, etc told him so.

Not jumping through any hoops for you either. Try reading his books if you want proof. If Obama announced in a press conference he was a hard core communist, you would deny it, so why should I do any work to post his record for you?

Not jumping through any hoops for you either. Try reading his books if you want proof. If Obama announced in a press conference he was a hard core communist, you would deny it, so why should I do any work to post his record for you?

So, now your story is that books he wrote before he was elected president prove that he has "assaulted on the Constitution and the economy" 'during the past 5 years'.

IOW, you're lying.

SSDD.

So, now your story is that books he wrote before he was elected president prove that he has "assaulted on the Constitution and the economy" 'during the past 5 years'.

IOW, you're lying.

SSDD.
Blind or stupid. Which category do you fit into?

‘Vitriolic coverage’: Study examines why Fox News viewers hate Obama

Those who think the growing popularity of highly-partisan opinion shows is tearing the United States apart now have some empiric evidence on their side.

Research published in the September issue of Political Research Quarterly has found pundits on political opinion shows influence attitudes toward presidential candidates — and in a way that is entirely negative.

“An increasing number of Americans engage in selective exposure to ideologically consistent news sources. This fact has caused some scholars and pundits to worry that partisan news sources such as Fox News are making their audiences more polarized,” Glen Smith of the University of North Georgia and Kathleen Searles of Augusta State University wrote in their study.

The researchers found Fox News viewers became more favorable of McCain and less favorable of Obama over the course of the 2008 presidential election. Both Fox’s news programs and opinion shows made viewers more favorable of McCain and less favorable of Obama, but the effect was stronger for those who watched the opinion shows. The study also found MSNBC’s opinion shows had the converse effect, viewers became more favorable of Obama and less favorable of McCain.
There's a reason for that:

Fox News: Fair And Balanced? - Forbes
Fox News has become embroiled in a nasty controversy over its ill treatment of President Obama. But are the charges true?

What if I told you that Fox gave Obama his worst press and John McCain his best press of any network during last year’s presidential election? If you work for the White House, you’d probably take this as proof that Fox is just a mouthpiece for the opposition. Now what if I told you that Fox had the most balanced coverage of any network during the same campaign? If you work for Fox, you’d probably say we told you so.

But what if I told you that both scenarios are true?

--

So how could Fox have both the most balanced and the most anti-Obama coverage? Simple. It’s because the other networks were all so pro-Obama. CMPA analyzed every soundbite by reporters and nonpartisan sources (excluding representative of the political parties) that evaluated the candidates and their policies. On the three broadcast networks combined, evaluations of Obama were 68% positive and 32% negative, compared to the only 36% positive and 64% negative evaluations of his GOP opponent John McCain.

In fact, Obama received the most favorable coverage CMPA has ever recorded for any presidential candidate since we began tracking election news coverage in 1988. The totals were very similar–within a few percentage points–at all three networks. (These figures exclude comments on the candidates’ prospects in the campaign horse race, which obviously favored Obama.)

Meanwhile, Fox’s Special Report was dramatically tougher on Obama, with only 36% favorable vs. 64% unfavorable evaluations during the same time period. But McCain didn’t fare much better, garnering only 40% favorable comments vs. 60% negative ones. So the broadcast networks gave good marks to one candidate and bad marks to another, while Fox was tough on both–and most balanced overall.​

And this is funny:

Most Voters Say News Media Wants Obama to Win | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Voters overwhelmingly believe that the media wants Barack Obama to win the presidential election. By a margin of 70%-9%, Americans say most journalists want to see Obama, not John McCain, win on Nov. 4. Another 8% say journalists don’t favor either candidate, and 13% say they don’t know which candidate most reporters support.​

:lmao:

Stay on topic people, this is about Fox making people more hateful and stupid.

islamicrageboyfoxnewsco.jpg

Stay on topic people, this is about Fox making people more hateful and stupid.

No, you spelled that wrong. It's spelled M S N B C. Glad to help you out. You can thank me later.

Fox News viewers less informed about current events than those who don’t watch news at all, study finds

Read more: Fox News viewers less informed about current events than those who don?t watch news at all, study finds* - NY Daily News
Funny how lefty news outlets always leave out one part:

Fox News Slams Professors Who Claimed Its Viewers Were Ill-Informed - The Hollywood Reporter
Dan Cassino, one of the professors of political science at FDU who authored the two studies, acknowledged a hailstorm of criticism (he wrote about it for The Huffington Post) after the first study was released, and he told The Hollywood Reporter it was regrettable so many bloggers focused on the low results of FNC but ignored almost equally low results for MSNBC.

“It was sensationalized – and that’s the dominant bias in the media, sensationalism," he said. "MSNBC was second worst, but it wasn’t talked about."​

You didn't know that, did you?

:lmao:

Forum List

Back