Visual sexual aggression

Marketers can sexualize girls at younger and younger ages, selling ever more revealing and sexy clothes, swim suits and the like to little girls, which in turn naturally draws more attention to them looking like little pole dancers or hookers, but OH NO, DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT THEM!

Sheeeezuz freakin' Christ... this world is going insane.

You make a good point, girls are being sexualized at a very young age these days but at the same time no one is expected to look at them, this is madness.

What about peeping moms?
When my little guy (11) enters a public bathroom, I still stand just outside the door checking out every man who enters and exits. As a rule, I generally keep both eyes peeled for any creepers!

You are breaking the law and you will be taken in for questioning.:cool:

All I can say is, WHAT THE FUCK?

Those who peer at children in public could find themselves on the wrong side of the law in Maine soon.
A bill that passed the House last month aims to strengthen the crime of visual sexual aggression against children, according to state Rep. Dawn Hill, D-York.
Her involvement started when Ogunquit Police Lt. David Alexander was called to a local beach to deal with a man who appeared to be observing children entering the community bathrooms. Because the state statute prevents arrests for visual sexual aggression of a child in a public place, Alexander said he and his fellow officer could only ask the man to move along.
"There was no violation of law that we could enforce. There was nothing we could charge him with," Alexander said.
Bill toughens law on visual sexual aggression against children in Maine | SeacoastOnline.com

Remind me to stay out of Maine. I would hate to go to jail simply because I looked at a child with sexual aggression.
I agree that this is a stupid law but I'm shocked to find out that you look at children with sexual aggression. Though all those threads lying about the TSA groping children did make me wonder if you were protesting too much.

When you tell me how not to look at a child in a sexually aggressive way you will have a point.

Why is he sitting next to a bathroom? Who does that?

I don't know that a law making it illegal to look is appropriate....I think there are already loitering laws that would work.

But any time you have a freak staking out bathrooms, you've got a problem. And I'm assuming that this guy was.

Of course this is the difference between me and most other people...I would have walked up to him and told him to quit ogling the kids and move his dumb ass. Not like I haven't done it before.

What the guy did sounds creepy, but it is simply possible that he was sitting out in the sun watching everyone do something (swimming) and wishing his children were still around. Do you have a problem with older people reminiscing about things like that? Should we shove them all into homes so that normal people do not have to be reminded they will grow old? Why is sitting on a pblic beach a crime?

Somehow I doubt that was the case.

Here's the thing...children are our collective property, and our collective responsibility. We are, collectively, responsible for keeping them safe and secure.

That means discouraging random adults from just lurking around the fringes of places that children congregate. Maybe his motives were perfectly wonderful (I really doubt it) but the presence of random, purposeless adults lingering around places where kids congregate increases the risk to those kids. It adds to confusion, it provides true predators with cover.

So this is one of the ways we, as a society, protect our kids. We acknowledge that we don't want extra adults lurking around places where our kids are, and we discourage adults from engaging in that behavior. I'm sure it's a terrible blow to all the nice middle-aged men who like to hang around the bathrooms to get their fill of kids, but they'll survive.

Somehow I doubt that was the case.

Here's the thing...children are our collective property, and our collective responsibility. We are, collectively, responsible for keeping them safe and secure.

That means discouraging random adults from just lurking around the fringes of places that children congregate. Maybe his motives were perfectly wonderful (I really doubt it) but the presence of random, purposeless adults lingering around places where kids congregate increases the risk to those kids. It adds to confusion, it provides true predators with cover.

So this is one of the ways we, as a society, protect our kids. We acknowledge that we don't want extra adults lurking around places where our kids are, and we discourage adults from engaging in that behavior. I'm sure it's a terrible blow to all the nice middle-aged men who like to hang around the bathrooms to get their fill of kids, but they'll survive.

Tell you what.

After this law passes why don't you move to Maine, sit on the beach, and stare off into the distance that happens to include a bathroom at the side of your vision. It has to be off to the side so we will know that you are really trying to make it like like you are not watching the kids in the bathroom. See if you still think it makes sense to arrest people for looking after you get arrested for it yourself.

I'm not supporting a law against looking at kids.

I do support the enforcement of existing laws which prevent adult males from lurking around kids' bathrooms.

What about peeping moms?
When my little guy (11) enters a public bathroom, I still stand just outside the door checking out every man who enters and exits. As a rule, I generally keep both eyes peeled for any creepers!

I love me some peeping moms.

Cougars!

Rawrr.

Forum List

Back