Visiting the sick

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
In Genesis 18:1 G-D himself visited Abraham while he was recovering from his circumcision. This is an example for jews to visit the sick.

Is visiting the sick part of your religion?

Yes, it is. Every baptist church I've belonged to devoted one day where the congregation would gather and go out individually or as a group to visit people who were ill or in t he nursing home. They take turns throughout the week checking on the feeble ones, and bring them food and whatever they need. They help with whatever needs to be done..financially, spiritually, emotionally and physically.

It is indeed. It's also very hard when the person who is being cared for by the church is a non-believer (this does happen...for example when a parent, child, relative of a church member becomes ill). Not because of the person who is ill, but because it is so painful for their loved ones. Not only does the church help to care for them, but they minister to the loved ones who suffer as well.

You lost me on that one Allie...

Let me try again...sometimes church members have members of their family who live with or near them, or come to live with them, when they're ill. And the church helps with them, as well, whether they're believers or not. So you do what you can for the sick one, who isn't a believer, but there's always heartbreak where the family/loved ones are concerned, because they see their beloved nearing the end and no salvation. So the church also ministers to them.

Have gone through it several times in different churches...the worst was a deacon's father who wasn't saved, and it was heartbreaking for his son. So the church had to minister and provide support to one who was an elder in the church, while also helping to care for the father (the non believer). It was so sad.

yes, more of a community thing....trying to help ...till someone can recover...but we do not do it due to religion....we do it due to need

Let me try again...sometimes church members have members of their family who live with or near them, or come to live with them, when they're ill. And the church helps with them, as well, whether they're believers or not. So you do what you can for the sick one, who isn't a believer, but there's always heartbreak where the family/loved ones are concerned, because they see their beloved nearing the end and no salvation. So the church also ministers to them.

Have gone through it several times in different churches...the worst was a deacon's father who wasn't saved, and it was heartbreaking for his son. So the church had to minister and provide support to one who was an elder in the church, while also helping to care for the father (the non believer). It was so sad.

Sorry for my late response.

I am jewish so I wouldn't count either.

I think we should do what is compassionate not based on people's religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back