Visit Florida, the "Gunshine State"

Has Florida’s Republican dominated, gut toting legislature made it the “Gunshine State” and harmed its tourism-driven economy? Can you not take a stroll from your motel room in a hoodie without fearing being shot by a local wannabe Rambo?

The 'Gunshine State': 6 Awful GOP Laws That May Harm Florida Forever | Election 2012 | AlterNet

As a Floridian, I'm not particularly worried what alternet thinks about our laws.

:cuckoo:

As far as the Trayvon Martin case, it is not something that should have fallen under the "Stand Your Ground" law, so the Martin case is not a judgement on the law.

We do have quite a few guns in this state. If that offends the pussy northerners, well, good. They can keep their yankee asses up north, freezing their butts off in January.
776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

He used racism as his excuse.

Our laws aren't so bad, it's those who try to manipulate them for their unlawful intentions who are bad. This was a bad case of racism and a terrible job on the sanford pd.

Fire the cops and superiors incharge who defended zimmerman and charge them with assisted murder.

Someone asked me once when I was on a business trip to the northeast, "You're from Oklahoma? (Insert shocked face here). They have a lot of rednecks, guns and bad stuff down there don't they? I don't think I would want to live there."

I told them that we have Native American Indians, REAL cowboys, rednecks, diamonback rattlers, cotton mouths, coral snakes, brown recluse spiders, tarantulas, massive trailer parks, and people who ride around in pickups with a lot of guns in their back windows. You can carry a concealed weapon if you get a permit and a lot of people have them. We have the most tornados than any other state in the union and we have mico-burst straight line winds that can reach 110 MPH without any notice. Hail the size of softballs are common place and there are over 10,000 lightning strikes every spring. Flash flooding is also common and a wall of water 10 feet high washes away everything in it's path, so you can't build in certain areas that are designated as flash flood plains. In the summer the prarie fires can blot out the sun and can race up to several miles in a day if the wind is whipping it around. You can't stop them, you just have to get out of the way. In some places in the state you can drive for two hours (100 miles for those of you with limited math skills) in any direction before you get to a town with over 10,000 people. In some counties in Oklahoma there is one deputy on duty and he has to drive over an hour to get from one side of the county to the other. If you stand on the highest tower in Guymon, Oklahoma you can see Kansas and Texas and in the Ouchita Mountains in southeast Oklahoma you've got moonshiners that will shoot at you if you stumble onto their stills.

I told this piss ignorant yankee that they really wouldn't like it in Oklahoma, we're the REDDEST state in the union and damned proud of it... THANK GOD!

Been to Florida... and I like it there...

Last edited:
As a Floridian I love our gun laws.

Of course some dirtbag breaking into my house won't like it.

He won't like it because I will shot his ass. If he dies in the process, hopefully, Oh Well.

You don't like Florida or its laws then stay the fuck out of it.

Someone asked me once when I was on a business trip to the northeast, "You're from Oklahoma? (Insert shocked face here). They have a lot of rednecks, guns and bad stuff down there don't they? I don't think I would want to live there."

I told them that we have Native American Indians, REAL cowboys, rednecks, diamonback rattlers, cotton mouths, coral snakes, brown recluse spiders, tarantulas, massive trailer parks, and people who ride around in pickups with a lot of guns in their back windows. You can carry a concealed weapon if you get a permit and a lot of people have them. We have the most tornados than any other state in the union and we have mico-burst straight line winds that can reach 110 MPH without any notice. Hail the size of softballs are common place and there are over 10,000 lightning strikes every spring. Flash flooding is also common and a wall of water 10 feet high washes away everything in it's path, so you can't build in certain areas that are designated as flash flood plains. In the summer the prarie fires can blot out the sun and can race up to several miles in a day if the wind is whipping it around. You can't stop them, you just have to get out of the way. In some places in the state you can drive for two hours (100 miles for those of you with limited math skills) in any direction before you get to a town with over 10,000 people. In some counties in Oklahoma there is one deputy on duty and he has to drive over an hour to get from one side of the county to the other. If you stand on the highest tower in Guymon, Oklahoma you can see Kansas and Texas and in the Ouchita Mountains in southeast Oklahoma you've got moonshiners that will shoot at you if you stumble onto their stills.

I told this piss ignorant yankee that they really wouldn't like it in Oklahoma, we're the REDDEST state in the union and damned proud of it... THANK GOD!

Been to Florida... and I like it there...

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hah! If only we'd hired you as a marketer back in the 1950s. :D

Has Florida’s Republican dominated, gut toting legislature made it the “Gunshine State” and harmed its tourism-driven economy? Can you not take a stroll from your motel room in a hoodie without fearing being shot by a local wannabe Rambo?

The 'Gunshine State': 6 Awful GOP Laws That May Harm Florida Forever | Election 2012 | AlterNet

As a Floridian, I'm not particularly worried what alternet thinks about our laws.

As far as the Trayvon Martin case, it is not something that should have fallen under the "Stand Your Ground" law, so the Martin case is not a judgement on the law.

We do have quite a few guns in this state. If that offends the pussy northerners, well, good. They can keep their yankee asses up north, freezing their butts off in January.

Why did the Stanford procecutor not file charges on Mr. Zimmerman in Feb.?

Florida is a joke as are Floridians.

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A 26-year-old man and his girlfriend were arrested Tuesday following accusations the man told a 5-year-old girl to watch him and his girlfriend having sex, according to records obtained Wednesday.
Port St. Lucie man, woman accused of telling 5-year-old to watch sex act

That's todays nugget from Florida.

Here's a website which details the stupid shit which goes on in your state. So much so, that it has it's OWN CATEGORY...unlike EVERY OTHER STATE.

Lets look at the weird shit that goes on down there last week, shall we?
FARK.com: Links by Topic

Still PROUD of your state?

Oh and I'd rather freeze my ass off in January than roast my ass off in August in 90% humidity.

Good. Stay away.

Why did the Stanford procecutor not file charges on Mr. Zimmerman in Feb.?

It's Sanford. Stanford is in California. Dumbass Yankee.

Last edited:

I love my state.

Oh and I'd rather freeze my ass off in January than roast my ass off in August in 90% humidity.

You sound like a pussy. If you're scared of our heat, bugs, alligators, snakes, and guns, then stay up north. :D

We have cockroaches big enough to kick his ass back up north..that's why we need our guns..

I love my state.

You sound like a pussy. If you're scared of our heat, bugs, alligators, snakes, and guns, then stay up north. :D

We have cockroaches big enough to kick his ass back up north..that's why we need our guns..

We shot a snake in my driveway a few years ago that was as big around as my ex-husband's forearm (eastern diamondback).

Ah! A State that acknowledges the Second amendment, and enjoys reciprocity with it's neighbor Georgia.

Gotta love it.
icon14.gif
:badgrin:

Forum List

Back