Visa-free regulations between Russia and Europe

Casper

Sep 6, 2010
In 2005, Europe took on the political commitment to aim to introduce visa-free travel in the long-term. Negotiations with Russia have already been going on for ten years.

When, finally, it will give the result?

Some countries such as Spain, Italy and France have already taken steps to mitigate the visa regime: They give an annual multivisa instead of single entry visa. However, even these indulgences are not sufficient to significantly facilitate consular formalities for Russian tourists and investors who are already ready to invest significant money into the European economy.

Additional pro et contra in the interview with Jan Carnogursky, former PM of the Slovak Republic, published on ValdaiClub.com

I'm opposed to visa-free travel for Russians, myself.

Russia is simply not a stable enough country, and there is far too much corruption and extremism to allow free travel.

I'm opposed to visa-free travel for Russians, myself.

Russia is simply not a stable enough country, and there is far too much corruption and extremism to allow free travel.

I would have to agree.

I agree too.

When I used to travel to Moscow on business, it was graded a 'D' level country by the company security team, meaning that if the company didn't have a driver with the company logo and a sign with your name on it DO NOT take a cab. Stay in the terminal, contact the company and have them sort it out for you.

Places like Rio were an 'E'. Lowest level was 'F'. Places like Nigeria.

U.S. was a 'B' as I recall. Most major western cities were.

Forum List

Back