Virus alert number 2

Don't care who or what is causing it. USMB has a responsibility to fix the problem. I'm pretty sure ads can't be shown without the site's approval. They should block all that cause a problem.

Sites like USMB use a service that decides what ads get served. And they are PERSONALLY tailored to YOUR total browsing history.. Not OUR preferences.. I'd prefer all the ads be for power tools and snack items, but I got no say in the matter..

So -- the service asks US to comply with a few censoring types of things (no private parts, no N,S or K words, etc --- and we reserve the right (as I understand it) to REJECT any ads that cause interference with our site or just don't fit our culture...

HA !! As IF --- USMB had any culture or class..... :abgg2q.jpg:

Great. All you have to do is reject the ads that are causing the problems. Problem solved.

If the problems occur off our site once you've succumbed to the click bait -- that's beyond our control.. And we'd need a special cyber counter-measures staff with hardened equipment to go INVESTIGATE EACH AND EVERY ad served...

It aint even possible, because as I've told you the ads are PERSONALIZED to YOUR browsing history that you've willfully given up to dozens of companies specialized in commerce spying and data mining your actions on the web.. No two members get served the same exact ad content...

If I buy a monitor stand or a pressure washer or a Dutch hedgehog, I'll get served ads on USMB for WEEKS from companies selling those and similar products... If I type Russia Russia Russia a lot I'll get served ads saying that "Hot Russian Ladies Want to Meet You"..

It anarchy out there. It's not ALL bad, but it aint a place for the naive and trusting....

When I hit this site without my blocker settings on, the ads don't seem that intrusive to me, so maybe it has to do with all those new little tablet gadgets and tht 'Android' garbage? Is it a difference in PC versus phone and tablet software that is the real issue? I don't use a tablet or Iphone for net surfing so I wouldn't know; maybe do a survey tos ee which hardware most of the snivelers are using and go from there, depending on whether the site's owners want to bother appeasing fashion victims and other peoples' poor hardware decisions.

Don't care who or what is causing it. USMB has a responsibility to fix the problem. I'm pretty sure ads can't be shown without the site's approval. They should block all that cause a problem.

Sites like USMB use a service that decides what ads get served. And they are PERSONALLY tailored to YOUR total browsing history.. Not OUR preferences.. I'd prefer all the ads be for power tools and snack items, but I got no say in the matter..

So -- the service asks US to comply with a few censoring types of things (no private parts, no N,S or K words, etc --- and we reserve the right (as I understand it) to REJECT any ads that cause interference with our site or just don't fit our culture...

Great. All you have to do is reject the ads that are causing the problems. Problem solved.

If the problems occur off our site once you've succumbed to the click bait -- that's beyond our control.. And we'd need a special cyber counter-measures staff with hardened equipment to go INVESTIGATE EACH AND EVERY ad served...

It aint even possible, because as I've told you the ads are PERSONALIZED to YOUR browsing history that you've willfully given up to dozens of companies specialized in commerce spying and data mining your actions on the web.. No two members get served the same exact ad content...

If I buy a monitor stand or a pressure washer or a Dutch hedgehog, I'll get served ads on USMB for WEEKS from companies selling those and similar products... If I type Russia Russia Russia a lot I'll get served ads saying that "Hot Russian Ladies Want to Meet You"..

It anarchy out there. It's not ALL bad, but it aint a place for the naive and trusting....

Perhaps I'm wrong, and USMB has no control over which ads appear on this site. Anyone can place an ad here at will with no way to prevent it. That just doesn't pass the smell test, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. I have my answer, and there will be nothing done by his site to fix it.

What part of what I've told you about how ads appear on USMB don't you understand or are you willfully ignoring??

When I hit this site without my blocker settings on, the ads don't seem that intrusive to me, so maybe it has to do with all those new little tablet gadgets and tht 'Android' garbage? Is it a difference in PC versus phone and tablet software that is the real issue? I don't use a tablet or Iphone for net surfing so I wouldn't know; maybe do a survey tos ee which hardware most of the snivelers are using and go from there, depending on whether the site's owners want to bother appeasing fashion victims and other peoples' poor hardware decisions.

OH ABSOLUTELY that's the case.. EVERYONE in the food chain is cashing in on placing ads on top of your content.. The cell providers figured out that THEY could get in on it.. These appear sometime as full page ads that you have to click thru to GET to your target URL.. Even some ISPs are layering ads on top... Could be triggered by your geolocation if you're entering a city or a shopping mall.

If you're on Android -- you're gonna get served by Google ad service ON TOP of the ad service that we have at USMB..

OH ABSOLUTELY that's the case.. EVERYONE in the food chain is cashing in on placing ads on top of your content.. The cell providers figured out that THEY could get in on it.. These appear sometime as full page ads that you have to click thru to GET to your target URL.. Even some ISPs are layering ads on top... Could be triggered by your geolocation if you're entering a city or a shopping mall.

If you're on Android -- you're gonna get served by Google ad service ON TOP of the ad service that we have at USMB..

AND some public Wi-Fi are actually 3rd party providers that pay for these hot spots with ads...

Perhaps I'm wrong, and USMB has no control over which ads appear on this site. Anyone can place an ad here at will with no way to prevent it. That just doesn't pass the smell test, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. I have my answer, and there will be nothing done by his site to fix it.

What part of what I've told you about how ads appear on USMB don't you understand or are you willfully ignoring??

I already said I could be wrong, but I never got an answer to whether USMB gets paid for the ads that appear here.

I already said I could be wrong, but I never got an answer to whether USMB gets paid for the ads that appear here.

I said we hire an ad service.. That by definition means we get a paltry bit of revenue from it.. Why would just allow random people to shower us with clickbait garbage? Or let the "bounty hunters" follow our members here to pester them with ads about that new fishing pole they wanted to buy??

It's not enough to keep up with the growth of supporting the traffic.. That's why ownership/admin have to beg for donations as well...

I said we hire an ad service.. That by definition means we get a paltry bit of revenue from it.. Why would just allow random people to shower us with clickbait garbage? Or let the "bounty hunters" follow our members here to pester them with ads about that new fishing pole they wanted to buy??

It's not enough to keep up with the growth of supporting the traffic.. That's why ownership/admin have to beg for donations as well...

That was kinda my point to start with. There is money in them there ads. Visitors to the site will just have to suck it up and deal with it themselves.

Most of my programming experience is in assembly language, which went out of 'style' many years ago, and playing around with C Builder suites and some SDK's, enough to know I hate programming.

There are some SDK that make you want to quit.. Android is a great example of that. Updates every month with NO CARES about the headaches that they cause developers.. And RULES for accessing hardware that make you just back off doing anything USEFUL with an Android tablet or phone..

Assembly ain't dead.. It's just that products that USE different, unique hardware are dying off. If you want to build medical devices or a astronomical camera system or a special purpose instrumentation, you're pretty much screwed... Because if doesn't use the parts in a laptop, cellphone, or TV --- suppliers are dropping those other higher performance critical building blocks... And THAT'S where a lot of assembly coding was used.. BUT -- there are C cross compilers for microprocessors that really are very close to assembly programming that gives you full control of data acquisition, digital signal processing, TC/IP, USB, and dozens of other features on a $5 chip... It's in BIG demand to BE a firmware programmer, because they don't TEACH hardware and system design to programmers in general anymore.. If you can put those skills together -- you've got it made...

I am really tired of everywhere I go on the computer now, someone is trying to sell me something....even search engines...try to search a topic and they will take you to the complete opposite of what you are looking for(the pc version) and try to sell you something on top of that.

Between they lying media and all the bias on the internet providers...the truth is getting more and more difficult to find.

Been here umpteenforever years. Never a virus....

Check your porn folder

Did i say anything about a virus....you seem to know the skinny on porn sites though. hehheh
Is this your thread?

Why so defensive?

And no, I need no porn. My women have given me all the pics/vids a man could want. If you were up late you would know this as I have posted plenty of proof on my drunken escapades

Forum List

Back