Virginity (saving oneself for marriage)

Marrying someone without sleeping with them first is like buying a car without test driving it. You also want to test drive a lot of cars so you'll know you're making the right decision.

I'd also advise sleeping with her mom first too, so that way you'll have an idea what she'll be like a few years down the road.

It might be confusing, because we would all be named Ward, and June, and every conversation would start with the words, "Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver..."

So you'd be confused because you prefer to remain in ignorance. That's not terribly surprising. Try seeking and living the truth. Youll be much happier and know what's going on.

June, I'm worried about the Avatar....

Sex is very important in a relationship. How could you marry someone if you do not know if you are sexually compatible? People should have sex and live together before they are married.

Because they don't know any better.

I think there is some truth in the old saying, "ignorance is bliss".

Even bad sex is the best sex you've ever had if it's all you've experienced...

Don't get me wrong. I don't recommend it. But it can work.

You should not marry the only person that you have had sex with either. Your partner could be terrible and you would not know it. You might not even know if your sex was any good. You should not make any hasty decisions before you have had 10 sexual partners.

I'd put the number at at least 50, but that's just me.

Marrying someone without sleeping with them first is like buying a car without test driving it. You also want to test drive a lot of cars so you'll know you're making the right decision.

I'd also advise sleeping with her mom first too, so that way you'll have an idea what she'll be like a few years down the road.

Yes, and sleeping with her sister too to be sure of..well..I don't know.:redface:

Yes, and sleeping with her sister too to be sure of..well..I don't know.:redface:

Sleeping with the sister comes after you break up with old girl. :eusa_whistle:

Sex is very important in a relationship. How could you marry someone if you do not know if you are sexually compatible? People should have sex and live together before they are married.

Aside from holding our own standards, we would have broken a lot of hearts (had we moved in together).

You should not marry the only person that you have had sex with either. Your partner could be terrible and you would not know it. You might not even know if your sex was any good. You should not make any hasty decisions before you have had 10 sexual partners.

I think you're ignoring nature and imagination.

Also, the question occurs; how much of marriage is actually sex?

Yes, and sleeping with her sister too to be sure of......
And don't forget her brother ......... :cool:

Yes, and sleeping with her sister too to be sure of......
And don't forget her brother ......... :cool:

Is it true that if they're muslim, usually the father's already had each one of them?

I've never heard of a marriage that lasted that was based on sexual attaction/compatibility/chemistry only. And those who look for that first, are in a very high risk group for break up and/or divorce.

I have heard of many marraiges that lasted and became great marriages despite lack of pre-marital 'experience' and even lack of great passion at the beginning. People grow into great marriages, and that can only happen with shared goals, shared values, and agreement on what is really important. The sex, the passion, the closeness is also important, but it won't last without the other.

I'd put the number at at least 50, but that's just me.

Some people are not as daring or lucky as we were.

Just in case.

Aside from holding our own standards, we would have broken a lot of hearts (had we moved in together).

I always stayed true to myself and did what I felt best for me.

It is a very important part of a relationship.

I agree it's important. But I also think it's importance is often overstated.

Sometimes. Not in every marriage, but I would venture to say most. Also, you rather sidestepped my question.

:ack-1:

Sometimes. Not in every marriage, but I would venture to say most. Also, you rather sidestepped my question.

I would say that sex won't ever 'make' a marriage, but it can certainly wreck it.

I would say that sex won't ever 'make' a marriage, but it can certainly wreck it.

Exactly. Anytime you see polls or stats on reasons for divorce, intimacy is always in the top.

Great sex can't save a marriage, but no sex is a great way to lead to divorce.

Exactly. Anytime you see polls or stats on reasons for divorce, intimacy is always in the top.

Great sex can't save a marriage, but no sex is a great way to lead to divorce.

I thought fighting over money was #1.

Forum List

Back