Virginia's Jim Gilmore Makes 17 GOP Presidential Candidates

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
One has to wonder why?

US News ^ | 07/29/2015 | Julie Bykowicz
The Republican presidential contest has grown to 17 candidates with Wednesday's entry of Jim Gilmore. The former Virginia governor told The Associated Press earlier this month that he would announce his candidacy in early August. On Wednesday, he filed the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission. Gilmore, a former Army intelligence officer, completed one term as governor in 2002.

Well, at least the GOP has seventeen to chose from.

Guess the DNC gets Hilbat.

Wasnt he the guy sentenced to die? Oh wait, that was Gary Gilmore.
Who the fuck is this guy and why is he running? We already have one has-been governor in Pataki.

The only one I recognize is Sanders who doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

Guess we'll have to wait and see for the Dems just like we do for the Reps.

Who the fuck is this guy and why is he running? We already have one has-been governor in Pataki.
I like this guy so far

Jim Gilmore - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Cut taxes on cars,hired teachers,cut spending on everything except education,military veteran,reduced tuition for colleges

The Virginia Constitution forbids any Governor from serving consecutive terms, so Gilmore could not run for a second term in 2001. He was succeeded by DemocratMark Warner, who took office in early 2002.

That's why he didn't run a 2nd time. Term limits imagine that!

The only one I recognize is Sanders who doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

Have you seen the polls? Clinton is losing support and trust with the people Sanders is gaining it all.

Have you seen the polls? Clinton is losing support and trust with the people Sanders is gaining it all.

Yeah for right now. As I said polls don't mean much till you get closer to voting.

Sanders may gain momentum just as Trump does but who's to say either will be around come voting time??

I like this guy so far

Cut taxes on cars,hired teachers,cut spending on everything except education,military veteran,reduced tuition for colleges

The Virginia Constitution forbids any Governor from serving consecutive terms, so Gilmore could not run for a second term in 2001. He was succeeded by DemocratMark Warner, who took office in early 2002.

Yeah Gilmore is well known in Virginia as the man who bankrupted the state. Warner came in and fixed the problems Gilmore caused, earning Virginia the title of best managed state. Gilmore wouldn't even carry his own state.

I like this guy so far

Yeah Gilmore is well known in Virginia as the man who bankrupted the state. Warner came in and fixed the problems Gilmore caused, earning Virginia the title of best managed state. Gilmore wouldn't even carry his own state.
More like the democrats bankrupted it. They wanted more social programs but by Gilmore cutting taxes on vehicles that made for less money coming in for them to use.

I like this guy so far

More like the democrats bankrupted it. They wanted more social programs but by Gilmore cutting taxes on vehicles that made for less money coming in for them to use.
No. Do you live here? Gilmore governed with an overwhelmingly republican state house and senate and they bankrupted the state. He was absolutely terrible and you won't find many Virginians who disagree with that statement.

I like this guy so far

No. Do you live here? Gilmore governed with an overwhelmingly republican state house and senate and they bankrupted the state. He was absolutely terrible and you won't find many Virginians who disagree with that statement.
The experts and the record disagree. He left office with no debt Warner instituted the largest tax increase in state history according to the facts. Either way I was reading more and Gilmore is a little soft on abortion for me.

I like this guy so far

The experts and the record disagree. He left office with no debt Warner instituted the largest tax increase in state history according to the facts. Either way I was reading more and Gilmore is a little soft on abortion for me.
Well regardless it's irrelevant and Gilmore will not be a factor in the election.

I like this guy so far

Well regardless it's irrelevant and Gilmore will not be a factor in the election.
I agree there.

I hear Fred Thompson is itching to get in!!!

images

Forum List

Back