Virginia - This Is Only The Beginning

Law enforcement officers are charged with the responsibility to protect their communities. If they go AWOL, their authority cannot be recognized by the community

In fact, a police officer has the same powers on or off duty.

They do. But they are charged with exercising those powers to protect the entire community. If they abuse these powers, they are out.

Too funny. The police have no legal obligation to protect you or anyone else.

What is this supposed to mean? We in Virginia are for safe communities and good schools. Does this mean that we are "commies" and only "commies" want safe communities and good schools?

Then why is it so violent there?

It's not. Per capita crime is very low compared with neighboring DC and Maryland, and their restrictive gun laws.

Oh, ok. Just seems I hear Virginia often in the news about some murder or cop shooting or something. Maybe thinking of Maryland or somewhere else.

What is this supposed to mean? We in Virginia are for safe communities and good schools. Does this mean that we are "commies" and only "commies" want safe communities and good schools?

It's not. Per capita crime is very low compared with neighboring DC and Maryland, and their restrictive gun laws.

Oh, ok. Just seems I hear Virginia often in the news about some murder or cop shooting or something. Maybe thinking of Maryland or somewhere else.

No doubt.

Texas, Illinois, Alabama seem to be the most dangerous states for cops. The following link is a list of law enforcement officers who died in 2019, which lists cause of death:

Virginia had only one. Maryland and DC same or less.

This "gun sanctuary" stuff is a bunch of crap. The only legitimate "militia" in the state is the Virginia National Guard. The "Virginia Citizens Defense League" is just a gang of thugs, and no law-enforcement officer has the right to rule on whether something is constitutional or not.

Police can just charge them under the state law, not the local code when it suits them.

The police have stated they will enforce no laws that infringe.

Remember that LEOs and NG personnel all live in the communities. Northam may well find himself de-pantsed.

Good luck with that.

Luck will have nothing to do with it.

LOL. Northam cannot run for re-election. He won't be "de-pantsed"

Texas, Illinois, Alabama seem to be the most dangerous states for cops. The following link is a list of law enforcement officers who died in 2019, which lists cause of death:

Virginia had only one. Maryland and DC same or less.

This "gun sanctuary" stuff is a bunch of crap. The only legitimate "militia" in the state is the Virginia National Guard. The "Virginia Citizens Defense League" is just a gang of thugs, and no law-enforcement officer has the right to rule on whether something is constitutional or not.
:auiqs.jpg:

Police can just charge them under the state law, not the local code when it suits them.

The police have stated they will enforce no laws that infringe.

Remember that LEOs and NG personnel all live in the communities. Northam may well find himself de-pantsed.

Good luck with that.

Luck will have nothing to do with it.

LOL. Northam cannot run for re-election. He won't be "de-pantsed"

He has been twice already.

The comments are the most interesting part. I believe Northam and friends truly do not realize what they will awaken.

Dems deliver how-to lesson in 'quid pro quo' ... on guns - WND
I'm a supporter of gun control AND civil liberty. I think a compromise is very possible, here's what I'd propose:
  1. The sanctuary counties can enact whatever rules they want, inside the borders of that county.
  2. The sanctuary counties will NOT interfere with or undermine other Virginia counties' gun control measures.
In practice the sanctuary counties can have open carry, no registration, bump stocks, etc., within their counties even if they violate state rules. They'd have to comply with state gun sales regulations for non-county citizens. Any county gun owner must comply with all state and local county regulations when they take their firearms out of their sanctuary counties. Any county gun owner who moves from their sanctuary counties to another VA county must bring their firearms into compliance with their new county rule.

In summary, you can do what you want in your county so long as you do what I want in my county.

The comments are the most interesting part. I believe Northam and friends truly do not realize what they will awaken.

I'm a supporter of gun control AND civil liberty. I think a compromise is very possible, here's what I'd propose:
  1. The sanctuary counties can enact whatever rules they want, inside the borders of that county.
  2. The sanctuary counties will NOT interfere with or undermine other Virginia counties' gun control measures.
In practice the sanctuary counties can have open carry, no registration, bump stocks, etc., within their counties even if they violate state rules. They'd have to comply with state gun sales regulations for non-county citizens. Any county gun owner must comply with all state and local county regulations when they take their firearms out of their sanctuary counties. Any county gun owner who moves from their sanctuary counties to another VA county must bring their firearms into compliance with their new county rule.

In summary, you can do what you want in your county so long as you do what I want in my county.

That would dissolve the state, and still infringe upon non-sanctuary counties. Better to dissolve the Democrats.

How about we just eliminate people who don't believe in unalienable rights.

Hmm, playing devil's advocate here, but doesn't the list of inalienable rights typically start with "life, liberty"? Your plan would seem self-defeating, unless of course it's based on an alternate definition of "eliminate"

Hmm, playing devil's advocate here, but doesn't the list of inalienable rights typically start with "life, liberty"? Your plan would seem self-defeating, unless of course it's based on an alternate definition of "eliminate"

Eliminate from our society.
However you want to define it.

Even unalienable rights are subject to limitations. We have freedom of speech but we also have libel and slander laws.

Speech is not an unalienable right. It is in the Constitution to prevent our government from making laws limiting speech.
In my world I can prevent anyone I want from speaking to me.

That would dissolve the state, and still infringe upon non-sanctuary counties. Better to dissolve the Democrats.
The US seems to work with a Federal system containing semi-autonomous States. Not great but we seem to be OK with pot so far.

Forum List

Back