Virginia Teachers Union Sparks Outrage With 'Obama Blue Day'

who said I'm not a liberal moron? I'm a liberal...card carrying registered Democrat since I was 18...

I'm not a leftwing liberal though cuz I believe in the death penalty, I believe in welfare reform, I believe in mandatory birth control for women on welfare and I believe in getting your ass up and getting a job and taking care of yourself and your family.

I don't give hand outs...I give help up. there's a difference. I think if you receive assistance you should work for it, even if it's just picking up the trash on the side of the road. There is nothing wrong with an honest days work for an honest days pay.

you're not a liberal moron? that's good to know

sorry, they don't cover those topics on the FCAT and therefore they are no longer taught in our public schools.

They get science, math, reading and geography

My daughter is in 7th grade and has never had a history class. She is not taught any of the things I was taught in school. They prep them for passing a test that is given once a year. That is how kids taught now.

Silence I had the biggest problem with my daughters school, they were so wrapped up in teaching these kids in passing these tests that they neglected to give these kids even basic intructions on how to apply or where to apply for their SATS. So when my daughter was a senior, I called her school and was told by her counslor that it was up to the parents to make sure their children take the SATS and are are prepared for those college entry tests. So, my next question to her was, well then tell me what exactly is your function then other than babysitting?

You'll need a good reason, so here it is:

lsu_2514.gif

LSU Graduate - sometime last century.

My best friends are from southern Louisiana, I had to listen to them all last year. I actually like LSU, it just pissed me off that they took us out of the national championship running in 2006. So at the start of last year, I told them, "We owe you one." When we actually beat them, I was elated. Then, somehow, they went to the national championship anyway, and robbed Mizzou of what was rightfully theirs.

are they not allowed to express themselves? would you be outraged if it were support McCain day?

Do you think that suddenly these kids will go home and force their parents to vote for Obama because their teacher supports him?

It's ridiculous the shit the right will complain about. Of course teachers are for Obama... The no child left behind bullshit from Bush has stripped them of their ability to effectively teach our children anything more than how to pass a standardized test.

Teachers HATE the no child left behind law...mainly because Bush never fully funded it...

Head Start isn't fully funded. Wasn't under ANY president. In fact most are not fully funded. If it was we wouldn't of had to go to the state to cover the extra 50% we needed to achieve it.

BTW they run around claiming that the NCLB was UNfunded. That it wasn't funded at all. At least it was an attempt to make things right.

Did you know that 95% of school funding comes from the STATE budget not the FEDERAL budget. 5% comes from Federal funding and other sources.

sorry, they don't cover those topics on the FCAT and therefore they are no longer taught in our public schools.

They get science, math, reading and geography

My daughter is in 7th grade and has never had a history class. She is not taught any of the things I was taught in school. They prep them for passing a test that is given once a year. That is how kids taught now.

Sorry that your daughter hasn't gotten what she needs. They do teach it here. My kids are deep into Oregon history currently. Problem with complaining to the feds is that the feds don't pay the bill for public school. Around here 95% of the budget comes from the state.

Here's a bit of information for you.

Money matters: At a glance - Center for Public Education

State and local dollars. Traditionally, states and local communities are charged with delivering the majority of K-12 education revenue. Each state determines how much it will contribute to its schools’ budgets, with percentages ranging from 32 to 89 percent of total K-12 funding.

The best place to complain is at your state and school district levels.

Thanks Angel... my daughter gets what she needs because I buy her books and she reads.

Navy, OMG that testing bullshit is so fucking infuriating!

are they not allowed to express themselves? would you be outraged if it were support McCain day?

Do you think that suddenly these kids will go home and force their parents to vote for Obama because their teacher supports him?

It's ridiculous the shit the right will complain about. Of course teachers are for Obama... The no child left behind bullshit from Bush has stripped them of their ability to effectively teach our children anything more than how to pass a standardized test.

Teachers HATE the no child left behind law...mainly because Bush never fully funded it...

Remind me how you would react if the teachers Union suddenly started wearing some religions support buttons, started teaching children over and over about specific religious practices, had bibles on their desks and encouraged children to read them. Etc Etc....

Forum List

Back