Virginia Teachers Union Sparks Outrage With 'Obama Blue Day'

NEW YORK: Virginia Republicans are in uproar over state teachers union's effort to get educators to show their support for Barack Obama during school hours.

No wonder Democrats think public school is a great thing... :clap2:

Virginia Teachers Union Sparks Outrage With 'Obama Blue Day' - FOXNews.com Elections

The Dems are following a formula that has worked in the Middle East (teaching JiHad to kids), and was used in other unpopular regimes in the 1930s (Superiority). Education of the children towards an ideology that will cause instability for future years. If we can program computers, we damn well can program a society. Take the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Equality. Then here comes social welfare reforms. Roadblock. Now take African Americans in poverty = 24%. You take the Asian American in poverty = 9%. We hear of the black vote, never of the Asian vote. We vote them in because they make campaign promises. Have we learned to recognize, they say the things that gets them elected, but their actions speak less than their words.

Last edited:
"much ado about nothing"

Will the media never cease!

It ranks right up there with those saying gay teachers are trying to "turn" students!

Only my opinion, of course.

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted....Quotes by Vladimir Lenin.

This is a tried and true formula however you need to take into consideration that the teachers union has been a huge supporter of the democratic party for years.

Teachers at Soquel High School have agreed not to wear "Educators for Obama" buttons in the classroom after a parent complained that educators were attempting to politically influence his daughter US NEWS

"You teach some of them” is an observation made in an e-mail to Virginia teachers from union headquarters, urging them to register potential voters and wear blue on ‘Obama Tuesday’… among other strategies.

The Virginia Education Association, of course, denies any wrong-doing.

It is important to start building citizens that follow the democratic process and will vote in the future or now if they are seniors and 18.

I have been playing every second of the Obama convention in all of my history classes. What better way to study history than to witness history?

We have also been doing the get out the Obama vote campaign. My students make signs, phone calls, and wear buttons, talk to parents about the key issues and others. We also held a rally in town.

The kids get really excited and buy into it. What are other teachers doing, make a difference.

This has no place in the classroom, I know its been debated hotly on here but to influence a child to your political beliefs they have a word for that, it's called "indoctrination"

As a teacher, I wish I could say that this wasn't a problem in most schools - but in my experience, it is a BIG problem - I'm not at all surprised that these teachers saw nothing wrong with their Obama support in the classroom.

As a teacher, I wish I could say that this wasn't a problem in most schools - but in my experience, it is a BIG problem - I'm not at all surprised that these teachers saw nothing wrong with their Obama support in the classroom.

are they not allowed to express themselves? would you be outraged if it were support McCain day?

Do you think that suddenly these kids will go home and force their parents to vote for Obama because their teacher supports him?

It's ridiculous the shit the right will complain about. Of course teachers are for Obama... The no child left behind bullshit from Bush has stripped them of their ability to effectively teach our children anything more than how to pass a standardized test.

Teachers HATE the no child left behind law...mainly because Bush never fully funded it...

would you be outraged if it were support McCain day?

Yes because there never will be one. And that is the problem. Monolithic opinion is never good. I'd prefer NO politics. Only civics, history, and citizenship.

It's rampant in Little Rock. These people don't have a moral compass.

Yes because there never will be one. And that is the problem. Monolithic opinion is never good. I'd prefer NO politics. Only civics, history, and citizenship.

sorry, they don't cover those topics on the FCAT and therefore they are no longer taught in our public schools.

They get science, math, reading and geography

My daughter is in 7th grade and has never had a history class. She is not taught any of the things I was taught in school. They prep them for passing a test that is given once a year. That is how kids taught now.

are they not allowed to express themselves? would you be outraged if it were support McCain day?

Do you think that suddenly these kids will go home and force their parents to vote for Obama because their teacher supports him?

It's ridiculous the shit the right will complain about. Of course teachers are for Obama... The no child left behind bullshit from Bush has stripped them of their ability to effectively teach our children anything more than how to pass a standardized test.

Teachers HATE the no child left behind law...mainly because Bush never fully funded it...

you wanna tell us again about how you are not a Liberal?? :cuckoo::lol:

Silence Wrote:

LOL. Wow are you off on this one. No - a teacher should not be allowed to indoctrinate their students. I would be absolutely horrified if my school had a support McCain Day. What an appalling idea!

Education in gray areas like this is about providing students with the ability to think for themselves...not be spoon-fed an opinion that belongs to someone else....you give them both sides of an equation, all sides to a debate...and then help guide them as they work through those issues to come up with their own opinions.

You don't just give them your opinion and say, "Its right cause I'm smarter than you," Silence...I am seriously shocked that you would think that it is ok to do that.

I don't give a crap what their parents do or who they vote for. Its not about influencing elections...its about inappropriately influencing the students I have been entrusted to teach. Wow...I am stunned at you on this one. I thought this was basic held beliefs by most people - teachers shouldn't force their opinions down kids throats...I'm surprised that you don't agree...

Lol...yes, the horrible right...complaining about teachers not doing their jobs but rather pushing their political views on kids...how terrible of them...they have no shame.

As far as NCLB...blaming it solely on Bush just proves your partisanship. Thats a whole other thread....

Teachers HATE the no child left behind law...mainly because Bush never fully funded it..

Yes, teachers hate NCLB...but what that has to do with allowing teachers to improperly use their positions to influence the opinions of their students...well thats your "logic," not mine.

My daughter is in 7th grade and has never had a history class.

I sometimes forget how bad Public Schools are in the United States. That's ridiculous. My kids go to Private schools so I don't have to worry about it. I'm worried that a voucher program will pass and then the government will allow anyone in my kid's private schools.

Our son was 4 weeks old when we left Orlando and moved to north Fl. in a rural small town.
Twenty one years later he and his younger sister have graduated high school with friends they've known since they were in daycare. We've been so lucky to be able to do that.
The only time I heard of any trouble was when one of our daughters teachers started talking bad about Muslims and one of our daughters Muslim friends were in the same classroom. You wouldn't know they were Muslims unless you asked. They don't eat pork and don't drink alcohol and that's about it. We've had them over for get togethers and been to their house many times when the kids were younger. I think their youngest son graduates HS next spring.

Point being, it's sometimes the location of the schools and it was hard at times to find a good job, but we made it work, and we have lots of good friends from it.

I'm totally against a teacher that try's to brainwash the young into their political preferences and this union is doing just that.

Last edited:
You're in Little Rock?

*plans to stalk xsited on his trip to LR this weekend*

You'll need a good reason, so here it is:

lsu_2514.gif

LSU Graduate - sometime last century.

you wanna tell us again about how you are not a Liberal?? :cuckoo::lol:

who said I'm not a liberal moron? I'm a liberal...card carrying registered Democrat since I was 18...

I'm not a leftwing liberal though cuz I believe in the death penalty, I believe in welfare reform, I believe in mandatory birth control for women on welfare and I believe in getting your ass up and getting a job and taking care of yourself and your family.

I don't give hand outs...I give help up. there's a difference. I think if you receive assistance you should work for it, even if it's just picking up the trash on the side of the road. There is nothing wrong with an honest days work for an honest days pay.

Forum List

Back