Virginia: Speed enforced by aircraft

They have been doing it in the Midwest states (Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Iowa ) since the 70s I know about.

Remember em as a kid in California. Stands out because I used to wonder how they did it, surely 'speeder' speed is still well below stall speed of aircraft.

Another sign was 'radar enforced' and since I lived near Moffet Field with their big satellite dishes I thought were radars I imagined some radar operator like in an air control tower watching a display then radioing to police cars :)

Remember em as a kid in California. Stands out because I used to wonder how they did it, surely 'speeder' speed is still well below stall speed of aircraft.

Another sign was 'radar enforced' and since I lived near Moffet Field with their big satellite dishes I thought were radars I imagined some radar operator like in an air control tower watching a display then radioing to police cars :)
Yea, when you are a kid sitting in the back seat, going for long boring rides, your mind wonders .....you see a illegal U turn sign and always wondered why that is an upside "U"

So why do they call it a U turn?

No one is going to lock up the brakes, throw it in reverse, slide it and then go forward. :)

Yea, when you are a kid sitting in the back seat, going for long boring rides, your mind wonders .....you see a illegal U turn sign and always wondered why that is an upside "U"

No one is going to lock up the brakes, throw it in reverse, slide it and then go forward. :)

Always wondered, and still do actually, why the "Max Clearance" under bridges and overpasses is only posted right before the potential obstruction. Isn't that a little late? Shouldn't it be way the hell back before an offramp in case you know you exceed it, you can avoid the imminent crash? :)

"What that'd sign say? !3 feet what? CRASH!" :)

Always wondered, and still do actually, why the "Max Clearance" under bridges and overpasses is only posted right before the potential obstruction. Isn't that a little late? Shouldn't it be way the hell back before an offramp in case you know you exceed it, you can avoid the imminent crash? :)

Lmao...

Yea I always wondered that also.

Its to funny.

Seen it myself many times, usually by helicopter.

bigappler.jpg

I have never thought of that . Someone did crash an overpass where I live. They shut down the overpass for two days to make sure it was still structurally sound. I'm sure somebody lost their job that day.

Easy Ticket to get dismissed. Just Subpoena all maintenance records of the equipment used, certifications of the equipment as well as the aircraft. Pilots license and so forth.

When they read it they'll dismiss the ticket rather than pay all the money for records and overtime.
How does one go about subpoenaing all of that without hiring a lawyer?

When I was driving through Virginia on I-95 I saw signs that said, "Speed enforced by aircraft." I call BS. However I did understand what the signs meant. It meant not to speed.

Is this really possible? If so, how in the world does it work? Is it similar to the red light cams that mail you a ticket in the mail? Do they clock your speed and report it to a police on the ground? Does the aircraft swoop down and snatch your car off the highway like a vulture?

Does anybody here live in Virginia or another state that uses this technology? Is this an empty bluff?

I have wrote this before...... But here goes again =

Speed x 1.4666 = Feet traveled per second.

Examples = 60 miles per hour x 1.4666 = 88 feet per second. 5280 ( feet in a mile ) Divided by 88 = ( yes ) is 60 seconds.

90 miles per hour x 1.4666 = 132 Feet per second. 5280 ( feet in a mile ) divided by 132 = 40 seconds.

I guess sometimes I just have to repeat myself over and over. :)

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back