Virginia: National Guard DADT DOA...

My comment was in responce to the claim that the militia was the national guard. It isn't unless the members of the guard get to keep those weapons they carry.

That is absolute bollocks. The 2nd amendment affirms people's rights to bear arms. It does not say anything about any demand for anyone to provide those arms, nor does it define what the militia is.

Uh, yes, the National Guard IS the state militia. Ownership of the weapons or equipment is not a necessity for a body to be a militia. Congress has the power to make rules for arming the militia of the several states.

Aside from what VA might stand to lose with this bill, I think it would have been unconstitutional. Aside from the court decision late last year saying that DADT violated soldiers' 1st amendment rights, it would also have violated the constitution's explicit grant to Congress to provide for the "disciplining" and training of the militia.

Also, hypothetically speaking, if such a law passed and the federal government stopped recognizing the VA nasty girls, I don't think there would be a major issue as far as Veteran benefits go. Generally speaking, the reserve and National Guard do not earn any kind of benefits from the federal government.

Uh, yes, the National Guard IS the state militia. Ownership of the weapons or equipment is not a necessity for a body to be a militia. Congress has the power to make rules for arming the militia of the several states.
What does the second amendment say about a militia?

What does Article I, section 8, clause 15 & 16 say about militias?

A militia keeps their weapons and maintains them the Guard does not allow this. It's part of the second amendment. I really don't care what Article I, section 8, clause 15 & 16 says The second amendment trumps it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

My comment was in responce to the claim that the militia was the national guard. It isn't unless the members of the guard get to keep those weapons they carry.

That is absolute bollocks. The 2nd amendment affirms people's rights to bear arms. It does not say anything about any demand for anyone to provide those arms, nor does it define what the militia is.

You left out two words TO KEEP
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Last edited:

I keep a cat in my house. That doesn't mean that the federal government provided the cat for me. It's simply impossible to be so obtuse as to actually believe what you are saying, so stop trolling.

I keep a cat in my house. That doesn't mean that the federal government provided the cat for me. It's simply impossible to be so obtuse as to actually believe what you are saying, so stop trolling.

Does the national guard allow the member of the guard to keep their weapons? A simple yes they do or no they don't will work.

LMAO have you ever visited a third world country? hit up Haiti, Pakistan or Yemen and tell me if Virginia is like that.

21 years in the Military? Yeah....I've managed to visit a few...try Dakar, Senegal.......

So you think Virginia is similar to that? what parts oif Virginia have you been to?

My grandmother lived about 20 miles west outside of Roanoke. Children with missing teeth or cavities in their front teeth. Everyone wears "hand me downs". Families living in houses built from scavenged boards and wood. Children needing glasses or shoes without holes. To reach many of these people, you have to go through gravel roads.

These are white people.

Weird how so many Americans know so little about the poverty that exists in this country. Truly mystifying. It's like people don't want to know what is going on their own country.

Does the national guard allow the member of the guard to keep their weapons? A simple yes they do or no they don't will work.

They can keep their own weapons. Nowhere does the constitution require that they be able to keep the government's weapons. Just stop with this semantics game.

These are white people.

What the Hell does that have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that this is all the more an atrocity because their race is more deserving of prosperity?

They can keep their own weapons. Nowhere does the constitution require that they be able to keep the government's weapons. Just stop with this semantics game.

They can keep their own weapons.
The National Guard allows members of the guard to take their weapons home?

Nowhere does the constitution require that they be able to keep the government's weapons.

The seconnd Amendemt gives the militia the right to keep their own firearms.

Just stop with this semantics game

I remember you're the idiot that said the Constitution does not protect anyones rights.

I think they should not allow divorced people and hetrosexual adulterers into the military because they disgrace the sancitity of marriage.

Forum List

Back