Virginia may enforce DADT for the VA NG

Sounds like this is gonna split the Military in half.

I doubt they will get far with it, but it should prove interesting.

I kind of figured incidents like this will happen, theres alot of old Chiefs and Colonels out there who have been in the Military for decades and will have trouble adjusting to this new policy.

I would have trouble adjusting to it and my stepson is gay. But of course as a professional NCO I would have found a way.

I doubt they will get far with it, but it should prove interesting.

I kind of figured incidents like this will happen, theres alot of old Chiefs and Colonels out there who have been in the Military for decades and will have trouble adjusting to this new policy.

I would have trouble adjusting to it and my stepson is gay. But of course as a professional NCO I would have found a way.

Not everyone is like that, some people cannot put aside their prejudices and be professionals.

Northern Virginia Delegate Bob Marshall, one of the legislature's most conservative members, will file a bill that would prohibit gays and lesbians from serving in the Virginia National Guard. Marshall says federal repeal of DADT will hurt the guard's recruitment.

Interesting.

Battle Brewing Over DADT in Virginia - NBC29

Don't see it as much of a fight. The Governor (McDonnell - R) does not support the legislation and would veto it.

>>>>

Mark my words.

Transgenders wanting to join the military will be the next battle. :evil:

I wouldn't necessarily bet on that. That's a major operation ... that plus the hormones that transgender's have to take are likely to medically disqualify them from service.

Mark my words.

I wouldn't necessarily bet on that. That's a major operation ... that plus the hormones that transgender's have to take are likely to medically disqualify them from service.

Read the thread I just posted.

Canada and Europe has allowed them to join for several years now.

And even provides sex change operations for soldiers who want them. :evil:

Mark my words.

Read the thread I just posted.

Canada and Europe has allowed them to join for several years now.

And even provides sex change operations for soldiers who want them. :evil:

This is very true, Canada allows transexuals and offers the operations to the Military who wants them, some other European countries do it as well but I forgot who. Transexuals will be in the US Military, just a matter of time.

There is simply something wrong with that.

Alot of people think so but with DADT gone and gay people able to serve openly, why not transexuals? what would the argument be to hold them out?

They can medically DQ you for having bad hemorrhoids ...

A gender change operation is a MAJOR operation.

You can get medically disqualified for having asthma but that almost never gets done after basic training. They could just change the rules, like Sunni said Canada and Europe allows Transexuals to serve, and I have never heard of any issues coming up, medically or otherwise.

Forum List

Back