Virginia AG Intervenes in GOP Ballot Dispute--4 other candidates join suit.

Yes, you can post that about a hundred times, but it doesn't take away from the fact that there are a lot of angry people in VA about the antics of the GOP.

Sorry, this isn't going to stand, and I said so when it happened.

Bill Bolling’s Statement on Ken Cuccinelli’s Statement

Posted on Sunday, January 1, 2012 by Lovettsville Lady
Very interesting statement issued today by the Lt. Governor (emphasis mine).
RICHMOND – Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling today issued the following statement in response to Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s decision to reconsider his call for ballot access changes in advance of the March Republican Primary:

“Needless to say, I am pleased that Attorney General Cuccinelli has abandoned his call for legislative changes to Virginia’s ballot access requirements in advance of the Republican presidential primary in March. While I do not object to the General Assembly considering changes to our ballot access requirements for future elections, it would have been inappropriate to make such changes in the middle of the current presidential nominating process. That would have been terribly unfair to Governor Romney and Congressman Paul, both of whom successfully complied with these requirements and filed a sufficient number of legal petition signatures to qualify for the Virginia ballot.

“Going forward, I would also encourage Attorney General Cuccinelli to avoid making public statements that criticize our state election laws while his office is defending the State Board of Elections in a lawsuit that has been brought against them by Governor Perry and certain other presidential candidates. I am concerned that such public comments could be used against the Commonwealth in our effort to defend these lawsuits, and I am confident that the Attorney General would not want to do anything that could jeopardize his office’s ability to win this case.”

Excellent point. Bill Bolling wins this round.

Yep - the right is for "state's rights" - up until they are not and go whining little snot-nosed kids to the fed for help.

Just like the left.

Are they involving the Fed? I thought they were handling this at the state level.

and fyi; This is not a states rights issue, it's a state regulation issue. Maybe not even a law. :lol:
Perry went running to federal court for yes - a state's right's issue.

Yes, the state made the laws...once the party decided to take state money for the primary, they had to abide by the statutes enacted.

Rick Perry didn't follow the proper channels to get on the ballot and is now demanding amnesty.

Still amazed the only ones who really care about this are Democrats and Romney supporters, not that I can really tell the difference anymore.

I just find it hilarious to see candidates from the party of personal responsibility begging for an activist judge to bail them out of their own failures.

They deserve to be mocked mercilessly.

Still amazed the only ones who really care about this are Democrats and Romney supporters, not that I can really tell the difference anymore.

I just find it hilarious to see candidates from the party of personal responsibility begging for an activist judge to bail them out of their own failures.

They deserve to be mocked mercilessly.

Or they just need to fix a bad law that allowed shennanigans by party hacks.

This really isn't about the candidates or even the ultimate resolution of the GOP Primary process. The GOP has already decided to enter a suicide pact with Romney no matter how unpopular he is with the rank and file because they don't want to win, anyway.

The thing is, the establishment thought it could pull a fast one, the voters are angry (rightfully so) and they are trying to save face. They probably hope that Iowa and NH will eliminate a lot of these people and the issue will go away quietly, which it might.

I thought rightards were all about rules? :eusa_clap: The rules were also drawn up by yours truly- the GO(B)P ;) Deal w/ it asswipes. :eusa_boohoo: :lol:

You may want to read the article again--the DNC and GOP are under the same primary regulations in Virginia---and that's why both party chairman have commented-& both are supporting the republican state attorney general in this emergency action.-:cuckoo:--:cuckoo:
But only one party is acting like a whining ass crybaby.

only one party is having a contested primary.

This is entirely about the candidates and the steaming pile of hypocritical fail that this lawsuit is.

oh, please.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a tiny mind.

Uh huh

Enjoy the Romney nomination!

I'm not voting for Romney if he's the nominee.

In fact, I have a vested interest in making sure he loses by as big a margin as possible. So we can say to the RINOs and Establishment- once and for all- we can't beat the Democrats by BEING Democrats.

Really, they should have gotten this message with John McCain, but it didn't sink in.

It seems there are unintended consequences to making hard-assed election laws.

The Dumbing Down continues.

Many of the candidates didn't think they had a snowballs chance in hell (they just wanted to sell books :) ) so they didn't bother to gather the req'd siggies. Not their fault though right :rolleyes: LOL Conservatives and their *cough* "abiding by the rules" :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back