Violent Rap Lyrics

Does the violent rap lyrics add to violence.

Do you think it caused some kids to act violently?

Yes I think they do as one factor other factors are:

Violence in movies.
Violence on TV.
Violence in video games.
etc.

It all adds up to a less peaceful society in my opinion.

Really? Because I listen to music you would likely consider pretty "out there", and only twice in my life have I ever laid a hand on another human being, and both of those times was self-defense...

It's really a question of which came first, the chicken or the egg? In my opinion, listening to violent music doesn't make you violent, but being violent will more than likely lead you to listen to violent music. Regardless, you can't just look at one issue like music, and certainly not just one genre of music because you may or may not like it.

If you're a violent enough person to commit violent atrocities, you'd be doing it whether you heard it in music or not.

This is just yet another case of trying to shift the focus away from where it SHOULD be: people's own personal responsibility.

Yep the personal parental responsibility to protect your kids from things that promote violence?
Sure.

I'll blame the parents before I ever blame the music, if the violent act is commited by a minor.

It's really a question of which came first, the chicken or the egg? In my opinion, listening to violent music doesn't make you violent, but being violent will more than likely lead you to listen to violent music. Regardless, you can't just look at one issue like music, and certainly not just one genre of music because you may or may not like it.

If you're a violent enough person to commit violent atrocities, you'd be doing it whether you heard it in music or not.

This is just yet another case of trying to shift the focus away from where it SHOULD be: people's own personal responsibility.

confirmation: idiot.

Forum List

Back