Violence against women in america

People should not say all groups of men are equally violent, people should be warned about what groups of men are more violent.

People should not say all groups of men are equally violent, people should be warned about what groups of men are more violent.

I disagree that you can accurately predict any man's violent tendencies, Tank. Not on an individual basis. But I'd agree that poverty, lack of education, hopelessness, overcrowding, lawlessness, youth, drug and alcohol abuse, etc. all raise the risk level significantly.

op needs to link her source for all them facts....fact....i will not be burned to death for not wearing a burka....i will not be chased back into a burning building for not covering my arms and hair.....i will not be beheaded for suspected and unproven adultery...

fact: i do not need men as witnesses to prove a rape

fact: my vision will not be blocked by veils

fact: i will not be beheaded for 'honor'

fact: i will not be beaten for my own good with a cane or anything else

I think the OP only posted to inform not disscus!?

Besides, the info posted is what happens in the U.S. Things that happen HERE and are against our laws. No matter what the belief system a person has, these acts are illegal in this country.

Most of these acts are done in private and it is hard to stop them before they have already happend or have already begun. The only thing people can do is try to make the punishment of these crimes so severe that it prevents some from doing it in the first place. However, this will not stop everyone. Deterrence is not a sullution to the problem but it may help some.

Something else that would help is informing women of how to avoid such situations. For example, don't leave a place with a guy you don't know very well. Another would be to make sure that you have someone with you that you trust when with other men. Also don't lead a guy to think you are wanting to do something with him.

Another thing a woman can do is learn to protect herself. Whether with a fierarm, or any other weapon, or with Martial arts classes. Both would be ideal, however some do not have acsess to both.

I find this statistic somewhat hard to believe

Fact #24: Domestic violence occurs in approximately 25-33% of same-sex relationships. (NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project, October 1996.)

I'd find that hard to believe if it has said that 25-33% of hetersexual relationships had domestic violence, too.

I find this statistic somewhat hard to believe

Fact #24: Domestic violence occurs in approximately 25-33% of same-sex relationships. (NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project, October 1996.)

I'd find that hard to believe if it has said that 25-33% of hetersexual relationships had domestic violence, too.

I once heard the head of a woman's shelter testify in court that a man setting a budget for the household was a form of domestic abuse.

i wanted those who pretend they care about muslim women start caring about their women first and solve their problems.

i dont give a flying fuck what you and a bunch of camel fuckers do in your own country but when you import this bullmal...i do care...this country is founded on the principles of freedom and it leads to some excesses at times....

the culture in your country is no longer purely american. it is diverse so whether you like it or not you will be influenced in some way or another by it.

are you going to fight and defame all non-american cultures to keep yours in first place?

the culture in your country is no longer purely american. it is diverse so whether you like it or not you will be influenced in some way or another by it.

are you going to fight and defame all non-american cultures to keep yours in first place?

You need to go back to your first post in this thread, and link to support each of your claims. Read the rules if you're unclear as to what I'm referring to.

Our Culture has been a melting pot from the start. What are you talking about? You want to compare the diversity here to Saudi Arabia? Are you kidding me? You need to get out more, come visit. ;) :lol:
Link Every Copy And Paste. ;)

The US is not perfect. We have some serious problems, and yes, they include domestic violence. We're trying to address them but it ain't easy. Nobody knows of any magical potion to make it all go away.

But I doubt you'd find many American women, Muslim or not, who'd volunteer to move to a Third World nation and live under religious law. Oppressing women is not an answer to domestic violence.

where has there been any defamation?

the problem is that you people are being brainwashed on a daily basis by your media. what you see on tv does not reflect the real life of muslim women.

the root of your problems is the lack of understanding of your bible.

you would not be having thousands of broken families if you followed your bible

the problem is that you people are being brainwashed on a daily basis by your media. what you see on tv does not reflect the real life of muslim women.

Not all Americans are christian or Jewish, moonlite. For some of us, the bible has no relevance.

More of that diversity we are so fond of here.

Do you still have a clitoris?

I suppose that would be possible if we watched tv.

Unlike Saudi Arabia, we are not limited to State Run News Sources. You work on that Human Right's thing, and get back when you figure it out. I would relate broken families more to lack of Integrity, Commitment, Poor People Skills, but I agree that when Religion teaches Value, Principle, The meaning of "For Better or Worse, in Sickness and in Health" it gives Marriage more meaning. Again, for us, one Man, one Woman.

Forum List

Back