Viola Beach band all die in car crash

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
This band, Viola Beach, I must say I had never heard of until today. All four members of this band and their manager were killed overnight in a horrific car accident in Sweden.

Viola Beach members and manager die in car crash in Sweden

"Five British men believed to be the members and manager of Warrington-based indie band Viola Beach have died in a car crash in Sweden.

The men, aged between 19 and 35, died when their car smashed into a road barrier and plunged more than 80ft off a bridge into a canal in the capital, Stockholm.

Stockholm police spokeswoman Eva Nilsson said on Saturday that divers had recovered the bodies of five men. Tributes quickly flooded in on social media to the Cheshire band and their manager.

The cause of the accident on the E4 highway in Stockholm’s Södertälje district was not known. Swedish media said that at the time of the pre-dawn accident, the bridge over the Södertälje canal was closing after it had been opened to let a vessel sail through. Its warning lamps were flashing and two barriers were blocking the road.

The bridge, at the Saltskogs junction between the E4 and the E20 motorways, has a middle section that rises directly upwards without tilting, leaving a gap that the car drove into.

Stockholm police spokesman Inspector Martin Bergholm said: “For some reason, the car drove through the barriers and crashed down into the canal.”

Drivers of other cars were waiting behind the barrier but it is not yet known whether a boat had already passed or was waiting to pass. He added: “The witnesses just saw a car beside them and kind of disappear.”

Here is rest of article:

• Banned
This band, Viola Beach, I must say I had never heard of until today. All four members of this band and their manager were killed overnight in a horrific car accident in Sweden.

"Five British men believed to be the members and manager of Warrington-based indie band Viola Beach have died in a car crash in Sweden.

The men, aged between 19 and 35, died when their car smashed into a road barrier and plunged more than 80ft off a bridge into a canal in the capital, Stockholm.

Stockholm police spokeswoman Eva Nilsson said on Saturday that divers had recovered the bodies of five men. Tributes quickly flooded in on social media to the Cheshire band and their manager.

The cause of the accident on the E4 highway in Stockholm’s Södertälje district was not known. Swedish media said that at the time of the pre-dawn accident, the bridge over the Södertälje canal was closing after it had been opened to let a vessel sail through. Its warning lamps were flashing and two barriers were blocking the road.

The bridge, at the Saltskogs junction between the E4 and the E20 motorways, has a middle section that rises directly upwards without tilting, leaving a gap that the car drove into.

Stockholm police spokesman Inspector Martin Bergholm said: “For some reason, the car drove through the barriers and crashed down into the canal.”

Drivers of other cars were waiting behind the barrier but it is not yet known whether a boat had already passed or was waiting to pass. He added: “The witnesses just saw a car beside them and kind of disappear.”

Here is rest of article:

Here they are.

_88264001_violabeach (2).jpg

Here is the car:

3500 (1).jpg

This is awful obviously for their loved ones, thankfully not as horrific as that Brazilian boy Pop Band Mamonas Assassinas who were all killed in a plane crash....the photographs, unfortunately of their bodies by accident I clicked on link and without warning saw....LITERALLY like something from horror film, all of them dismembered in terrible manner.

Forum List

Back