Vikings

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
i don’t see a thread on it already, which is surprising actually.

This is a great show. I like that it is historically accurate; the technology, the clothing, the whole look of it. I like that it’s based on legendary norsemen and incorporates actual historical events.

It has just the right balance of drama and action. I like the characters, even the evil ones.

I loved Game of Thrones too but I think I’m enjoying Vikings a little more. GOT was a bit too heavy on the drama. It’s like a soap opera in mid-evil times. Vikings is not.

Just a warning, there is graphic violence, but hey, Vikings weren’t nice guys.

This is a great show. I like that it is historically accurate; the technology, the clothing, the whole look of it. I like that it’s based on legendary norsemen and incorporates actual historical events.

It has just the right balance of drama and action. I like the characters, even the evil ones.

I loved Game of Thrones too but I think I’m enjoying Vikings a little more. GOT was a bit too heavy on the drama. It’s like a soap opera in mid-evil times. Vikings is not.

The show is far, far from historically accurate. I can't even conceive of where you got such a notion. It is however a very entertaining show. But not even close to historically accurate....

I love that show. Check out “The Last Kingdom” on Netflix, too. It basically picks up around when Vikings should be ending.

why do they need to show violence?

Because those times were violent. I appreciate the realism.
they were not violent every day all day
like the Old Westerns were not shoot outs a lot --not nearly that much
movies/TV can never portray violence/etc realistically
it is not realism --not even close

so you enjoy watching the violence?

The show is far, far from historically accurate. I can't even conceive of where you got such a notion. It is however a very entertaining show. But not even close to historically accurate.
Agreed, it's highly entertaining, but time-compressed to give the impression that many of the most notable events of the era were accomplished by the same group. For example, if Rollo is the progenitor of the Dukes of Normandy, he would have been nearly 140 years old(911 CE), considering that he also took part in the raid on Lindisfarne(793 CE).

The show is far, far from historically accurate. I can't even conceive of where you got such a notion. It is however a very entertaining show. But not even close to historically accurate....

I recommend you try “The Barefoot Contessa.” No violence, just a plump, pleasant Aryan woman carressing your sensitive, snowflake soul.

The show is far, far from historically accurate. I can't even conceive of where you got such a notion. It is however a very entertaining show. But not even close to historically accurate.
Agreed, it's highly entertaining, but time-compressed to give the impression that many of the most notable events of the era were accomplished by the same group. For example, if Rollo is the progenitor of the Dukes of Normandy, he would have been nearly 140 years old(911 CE), considering that he also took part in the raid on Lindisfarne(793 CE).
The notion that the Nordic people didn't know of the land to the west is beyond absurd, as they had, had dealings with them for centuries....

I love that show. Check out “The Last Kingdom” on Netflix, too. It basically picks up around when Vikings should be ending.

I like both series. mr. boe and I are watching the 3rd season of the Last Kingdom - about halfway through. it's very well done.

I recommend you try “The Barefoot Contessa.” No violence, just a plump, pleasant Aryan woman carressing your sensitive, snowflake soul.
but I thought you were against police violence???!!!!??
?

Rollo is the ancestor of many of the monarchs in Europe:

Rollo is the great-great-great-grandfather of William the Conqueror, or William I of England. Through William, he is one of the ancestors of the present-day British royal family, as well as an ancestor of all current European monarchs and a great many claimants to abolished European thrones.

Rollo.jpeg

Rollo - Wikipedia

I like both series. mr. boe and I are watching the 3rd season of the Last Kingdom - about halfway through. it's very well done.
I’d let Skade curse me anytime :thup:

As I am not a lesbeterian, I'll pass on that. But Uttred is quite fine, as well as his brother Ragnar.

Last edited:

I’d let Skade curse me anytime :thup:

As I am not a lesbeterian, I'll pass on that. But Uttred is quite fine, as well as his cousin Ragnar.
If I were a woman, Skade could still have me, Odin have mercy

My favorite part of Vikings is when they make Jon Snow the King in the North

I also enjoy the scene where Ragnar says that the best in life is to "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

Forum List

Back