Vikings waive Randy Moss.

Chilly's done for. Every viking fan I talked to at work and laughed at this year with my Packer's hat on, agree that Chilly sucks at managing the team.

Moss on the otherhand is a fuckup of the first order. "I'll play when I want to?"... nope. How can any teammate trust him?

Of course, Favre's going to be a tool about it cause Chilly took away his new toy before he got a chance to play with it much. Could be that's part of the reason why too, beyond Moss criticizing Chilly personally

Moss was picked up by The Tennessee Titans..

Tennessee was No. 22 on the NFL's waiver order (which goes from worst record to best), meaning 21 other (smarter) teams passed on the chance to bring Moss onto their team. He'll infest their team with the unique sickness that IS Randy Moss....

Moss was picked up by The Tennessee Titans..

Tennessee was No. 22 on the NFL's waiver order (which goes from worst record to best), meaning 21 other (smarter) teams passed on the chance to bring Moss onto their team. He'll infest their team with the unique sickness that IS Randy Moss....
dang, didnt see that happening

I agree, what a scumbag.

NFL records Randy Moss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

* Most touchdown receptions in a season - 23 (2007)
* Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season - 17 (1998)
* Most seasons with 17 or more touchdown receptions - 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
* Most seasons with 16 or more touchdown receptions - 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
* Most seasons with 11 or more touchdown receptions - 8 - tied with Jerry Rice
* Most seasons with 10 or more touchdown receptions - 9 - tied with Jerry Rice
* Most games in a season with at least 2 touchdown receptions - 8 (2007)
* Only player to have 1,600 receiving yards and 16 receiving touchdowns in a season (2003)
* Most yards receiving in a Pro Bowl game - 212 (2000)
* Most touchdowns scored in first 10 games with a new team - 16 (2007)
* Most 1,200+ yard receiving seasons to start a career - 6 (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
* Moss has averaged at least one receiving touchdown per game played in four different seasons: 1998 (17 TDs in 16 games), 2003 (17 in 16), 2004 (13 in 13), and 2007 (23 in 16)[75]
* At the end of the 2008 season, Moss averaged 12.3 receiving TDs per season
* Four 100+ yard games in his first four games with a new team in 2007
* Youngest player in NFL history to record his 100th receiving touchdown - (29 years and 235 days)
* Youngest player in NFL history to record his 120th receiving touchdown - (30 years, 313 days)
* Fastest player to reach 5,000 career receiving yards - 59 games (broke record of 61 games by Jerry Rice)
* Highest career yards per catch average for any player with 900+ receptions - 15.6 yards per reception
* Youngest player to have 3 touchdown receptions in a game (21 years, 286 days)

Career highlights

* 4-time All-Pro selection.[76]
* Is second on the Minnesota Vikings all-time receiving touchdown list with 92. Cris Carter holds the record with 110 receiving scores.
* Caught his 100th touchdown pass in 2006 against San Francisco (on a pass he caught with his legs), the seventh player to do so.
* Holds the record for most touchdowns in Minnesota Vikings playoff history with 8.
* 10 1,000+ yard receiving seasons - 2nd all-time
* 64 career 100 yard games - 2nd all-time; most recent November 15, 2009
* 153 touchdown receptions - 2nd all-time
* 76.2 receiving yards per game - 2nd all-time
* 154 total touchdowns scored - 4th all-time
* 14,778 receiving yards - 6th all-time
* 948 career receptions - 10th all-time
* Has completed 4 of 8 passes for 106 yards and 2 touchdowns, with 1 interception, giving him a 95.8 passer rating.
* Only player to catch 90+ touchdown passes, return a punt for a touchdown, and throw 2 touchdown passes.
* Has played on the two highest scoring teams (for a single season) in NFL history: 2007 Patriots (589 points) and the 1998 Vikings (556 points)
* Had a career-high 12 receptions for 204 yards against the Chicago Bears, at Soldier Field, on November 14, 1999 in a 27-24 overtime win.
* Holds the Vikings record for most 100 yard receiving games with 41.
* Has two touchdowns or more in 39 different games (including 3 in the postseason); most recent September 26, 2010
* Has two touchdown receptions or more in 37 different games - (2nd all-time)
* Has three touchdowns touchdown receptions or more in 9 different games - (2nd all-time): at Dallas (Nov. 26, 1998), a 46–36 victory; vs. Chicago (Dec. 6, 1998), a 48–22 victory; at Detroit (Oct. 1, 2000), a 31-24 victory; vs. New York Giants (November 19, 2001) a 28-16 victory; vs. San Francisco (Sep. 28, 2003), a 35–7 victory; at Buffalo (November 18, 2007), a 56–10 victory; at Miami (November 23, 2008), a 48–28 victory; vs. Tennessee (October 18, 2009), a 59–0 victory; vs. Jacksonville (December 27, 2009), a 35–7 victory.
* Caught a career high four touchdowns at Buffalo (all in the first half). (Nov. 18, 2007)
* Had an interception while playing defense in the last few seconds of the first half of the Patriots' game against the Denver Broncos on October 11, 2009.
* Has 4 career two-point conversions
* Youngest player in NFL history to record his 120th receiving touchdown. (30 years, 313 days)

yeah, pretty sad when the 21 worst teams in the league right now couldnt find room on their rosters for someone with those stats

Doesn't say anything at all, guys. Now if he blows up the Titans, you will have a point, but you don't have one yet.

Doesn't say anything at all, guys. Now if he blows up the Titans, you will have a point, but you don't have one yet.
i dont think you got my point then
those teams that passed him up made a stupid decision

he was wasted in Minn because Farve doesnt have the arm to get it to him on the run
Atlanta or Miami would have been perfect for him

Hilarious.

I listened to his post game speech twice and loved every last second of it. Fascinating. I got no ill will towards Moss but he sure has dug himself a deep hole here.

He wants a big contract. Who is going to pay him now?

I mean, besides Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder?

i think Dallas will claim him off waivers.

yeah I thought for sure Big D would grab him as well.

He wants a big contract. Who is going to pay him now?

I mean, besides Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder?

i think Dallas will claim him off waivers.

lol ... I can see the Skins but the Cowboys? What do they have to gain? Their season is already screwed and they are DEEP at WR .. so unless Moss can throw the ball I don't see him making much sense there at all.

Of course there's the "Jerry Jones is a maniac" factor to consider so anything is possible.

thats why I thought Dallas would get him is like you said,Jones is a maniac.

The Cowboys are toast for the season, and they have a glut of talented wide receivers. No need for Moss there.
The Titans, on the other hand, are 1/2 game out from a playoff spot with eight games to go. Of course they will take a chance on him. If Zander and crew are right, he will blow up their chances, but, on the other hand, he may take them right into the playoffs.

The Cowboys are toast for the season, and they have a glut of talented wide receivers. No need for Moss there.
The Titans, on the other hand, are 1/2 game out from a playoff spot with eight games to go. Of course they will take a chance on him. If Zander and crew are right, he will blow up their chances, but, on the other hand, he may take them right into the playoffs.

With Fisher as his coach,my guess is he will find new life in Titanland like he did his first year in New England and give them life there and help get them into the playoffs and will behave himself for a couple years there like he did under Belechick for a while,but after a couple years or so,Fisher like Belechick will get tired of him not going all out on every down and he will wear out his welcome there as well after a couple seasons also.

And if he can help get the Titans into the AFC Championship game or even the Super Bowl, Coach Fisher is going to say, "Come on, my man, what seat in the car-bus do you want?" Jeff wouldn't say that, but I love calling out the morons to the far right in my party. Back to football: all the Titans want is for Moss to produce.

Forum List

Back