Vigils Held Worldwide for Michael Jackson

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
WTF? I understand the accused is innocent until proven guilty. But, don't these people realize they are going out of their way to lend support to a man that has been accused not once, but twice, of child molestation?

I love this one:
"It's really hard for us," said Pascale Hatot, a 37-year-old fan from the suburbs of Paris. "I haven't been able to sleep or eat for three days."

He's losing sleep and not eating over this? :rolleyes:

LOS ANGELES - Michael Jackson fans held candlelight vigils around the world Saturday to support the pop megastar as he faces allegations of child molestation.

Faisal Malik, 29, a Los Angeles fan who helped organize a gathering near Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, said he believes the performer is innocent.

"No other entertainer ever has opened his house so much to people," Malik said in a telephone interview. "True charity comes from the heart."

Rallies were scheduled through the weekend in more than a dozen cities, including New York, Budapest and Rome. Others were planned over the next week in China and Australia.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=8&u=/ap/20031122/ap_on_re_us/jackson_vigils_1

"No other entertainer ever has opened his house so much to people," Malik said in a telephone interview. "True charity comes from the heart."

In Wacos case my feeling is it comes from a further south than the heart.

"It's really hard for us," said Pascale Hatot, a 37-year-old fan from the suburbs of Paris. "I haven't been able to sleep or eat for three days."

Do the word LOSER ring a bell ?

All kidding aside, can you imagine how sad these people's lives must be?:huh:

I don't think anyone could take away the good things that he's done for others. His music made people happy and a large part of his money was spent doing the same thing.

Perhaps if Michael Jackson were not exploited from the beginning by adults, put in circumstances clearly over the head of a 5 year old, given ridiculous amounts of money for singing, had grown up knowing safety, security and morals things would have been different.

Unfortunately, here lies the lesson of child abuse and the degradation of our society through the banning of morals and proper behavior from all walks of life.

Moi, I can not say that I disagree with your statements in principle. I also happen to believe in values, morals, and priciples, something that seems to be lacking in today's society. A quote from Thomas Jefferson comes to mind :

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

Thomas Jefferson

Let us not make the mistake as a society of condoning criminal behavior because of social influence. One must take personal responsibilty for one's actions, otherwise chaos would insue. I am not saying that society's influences and the conditions under which a person matures does not affect their makeup but ultimately the individual is responsible for his or her decisions.

Finally, yes Michael has done good, but we can not allow good works to overshadow criminal behavior.

Just a thought.:)

A Vigil for this guy??? sorry, I can't help but look back at the first time he was on charges for this crime. The first time, he paid millions for silence, nothing to come out of it. Had it have not happened again, maybe then we could have closed the book. Now another child comes forward, what are you supposed to think??? Sorry, after watching his interview on TV and his talking how his Daddy beat him with a belt and the other things his Dad did to him, I can't help but NOT believe this is real. I find it more amazing that people with children will back this guy up and allow their kids near this guy and what next?? what happens when he pays his millions and time goes by and a third comes??? will people have their vigils again??? Wake up....as a parent, and I heard of a child being molested, that would be it, my child would never go near this person. Yes, he is very talented, but you have to draw the line somewhere. If don't feel sorry for him at all.

Originally posted by eric
Moi, I can not say that I disagree with your statements in principle. I also happen to believe in values, morals, and priciples, something that seems to be lacking in today's society. A quote from Thomas Jefferson comes to mind :

Let us not make the mistake as a society of condoning criminal behavior because of social influence. One must take personal responsibilty for one's actions, otherwise chaos would insue. I am not saying that society's influences and the conditions under which a person matures does not affect their makeup but ultimately the individual is responsible for his or her decisions.

Finally, yes Michael has done good, but we can not allow good works to overshadow criminal behavior.

Just a thought.:)
Oh, believe me, I think he should face the death penalty. But I also think those responsible for the abuse he's been inflicted should also be stopped.

I just think it's sad that someone who obviously had the potential to do so much more was thwarted by the fact that he was never taught right from wrong. Yes, he made his bed so to speak and he should be punished. I just think this case illustrates, tragically, child abuse and sexual molestation is a cycle...it begets itself.

I just think it's sad that someone who obviously had the potential to do so much more was thwarted by the fact that he was never taught right from wrong. Yes, he made his bed so to speak and he should be punished. I just think this case illustrates, tragically, child abuse and sexual molestation is a cycle...it begets itself.

Agreed !

Forum List

Back