Vigilante Justice and the Law

I've never seen the movie but my opinion on vigilante justice is that it really does nothing to deture criminals and it won't bring back a loved one.

I understand the desire for revenge especially if it looks like someone is going to get away with something but in end you aren't any better than the criminal if you take matters into your own hands. A crime is still a crime, even if it's committed for the "right" reason.

I don't know about that. There were a series of older movies with Charles Bronson (I think the first was called "The Vigilante") that made a case for it.

Fiction, I know... but you sure get a "go for it" feeling when the good guy is knocking off the bad ones.

Fact though... we can't condone that and remain civil, no matter the perceived justification..

I agree with both of you that have posted. I know it is against the law and you become a criminal just like the one that attacked you or a loved one.

But I also agree that it gives you that "Way to go!" feeling when you see it happen, if even in a movie. I guess never having been in the shoes of one that has faced the problem I could not say one way or another ... but I can sure understand their reasoning about it .... if it gets lost in the system on a Technicality. (IE: mistrial for something stupid the police or an attorney does or does not do).

Forum List

Back