View the comments

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
“1 down and 534 to go”

ARLINGTON (CBS) – A blog threatening members of Congress in the wake of the Tucson, Arizona shooting has prompted Arlington police to temporarily suspend the firearms license of an Arlington man.

It was the headline “1 down and 534 to go” that caught the attention. “One” refers to Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in the head in the rampage, while 534 refers to the other members of the U.S. House and Senate.
Police are investigating the “suitability” of 39-year-old Travis Corcoran to have a firearms license

Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting CBS Boston – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and Boston's Best

“We certainly take this as a credible threat, and credible until we prove otherwise,” said Arlington police Captain Robert Bongiorno.
In his blog Corcoran writes, “It is absolutely, absolutely unacceptable to shoot indiscriminately. Target only politicians and their staff and leave regular citizens alone.”

Travis Corcoran of Arlington
Police visited Corcoran’s home and found a “large amount” of weapons and ammunition. Sources told WBZ-TV that 11 guns were removed.

This guy should be treated as a threat to politicians and their staff .
The comments on the blog are interesting .

I got as far as them discussing his 3rd Amendment rights and gave up. At the second comment. WTF are people smoking?

But temporarily suspending his license pending investigation is the sane thing to do, IMO. We've all heard of copycats. If they find no indication of a credible threat or that he's a danger to himself or others, then he should get it back. But not until it's fully investigated.

I got as far as them discussing his 3rd Amendment rights and gave up. At the second comment. WTF are people smoking?

But temporarily suspending his license pending investigation is the sane thing to do, IMO. We've all heard of copycats. If they find no indication of a credible threat or that he's a danger to himself or others, then he should get it back. But not until it's fully investigated.

I'll admit, I had to look it up.

So, this guy somehow feels the perp is being forced to quarter a soldier? That's just strange... I have to assume he's got his amendments mixed up.

So, this guy somehow feels the perp is being forced to quarter a soldier? That's just strange... I have to assume he's got his amendments mixed up.

Maybe he feels like the social burdens being heaped on the people from entitlements is an equivalent .

Maybe he feels like the social burdens being heaped on the people from entitlements is an equivalent .

That's a bit of a stretch, especially in this context.

I agree. We need to suspend the 1st and 2nd Amendments immediately. Plus we need to give the President that "Internet Kill Switch" he wanted.

I mean, if we can save just one person it'll all be worth it.

So once you're accused you're guilty until proven innocent? What right do they have to step on this man's First and Second Amendment rights without the burden of proof that he's done anything wrong other than publish some words on the Internet? If I were him I'd sue the Arlington PD.

So once you're accused you're guilty until proven innocent? What right do they have to step on this man's First and Second Amendment rights without the burden of proof that he's done anything wrong other than publish some words on the Internet? If I were him I'd sue the Arlington PD.

It's certainly within his rights to do so. I'm sure there are some folks out there willing to help with the expense. *shrug*

It's certainly within his rights to do so. I'm sure there are some folks out there willing to help with the expense. *shrug*
Yep your NRA membership dues at work.

Like paying for the health care of veterans? :eusa_eh:

I feel an obligation to those that I do not feel with 3rd generation welfare frauds.

Veterans health care is an entitlement? I always thought it was a benefit provided to them in exchange for their service to the country just like you get health insurance from your employer as a benefit of employment.

Attempting to compare veterans' health care to welfare recipients getting Medicaid is like comparing a Sherman tank to a water chestnut.

Not necessarily. I mean, with the internet, talk radio, political punditry so thick you have to brush it away from your eyes, some nuts (usually disenfranchised loners with little potential for intellectual growth) can be molded into real threats. Most of these folks couldn't pass an eighth grade civics pop quiz, and yet they are filled to the brim with extremist speech and suddenly, voilà! they're constitutional scholars! Just look at some of the creeps on this board. They couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag, and yet they are spouting vitriol because they have been told nothing but vitriol.

It's a long way from entitlement programs to political assassinations. Unless you're willing to omit all the logic and reason it would take to draw the conclusion.

"I'm going to set the church on fire!" Should the police stop me at the gas station as I fill the gallon container, when I go inside to buy the matches, as I pour the gasoline on the church steps, or after I strike the match?

If this Bozo blogs about 1 down 534 to go and he has a small arsenal, isn't it prudent to keep him from buying more guns?

Not necessarily. I mean, with the internet, talk radio, political punditry so thick you have to brush it away from your eyes, some nuts (usually disenfranchised loners with little potential for intellectual growth) can be molded into real threats. Most of these folks couldn't pass an eighth grade civics pop quiz, and yet they are filled to the brim with extremist speech and suddenly, voilà! they're constitutional scholars! Just look at some of the creeps on this board. They couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag, and yet they are spouting vitriol because they have been told nothing but vitriol.

It's a long way from entitlement programs to political assassinations. Unless you're willing to omit all the logic and reason it would take to draw the conclusion.

Logic? Reason? Wash your mouth out with soap, young man. :tongue:

Forum List

Back