Vietnam Vets Against Kerry

Kathianne said:
Seems they put together a good, controlled meeting in DC Sunday. This blog has photos:

http://dislogue.dansch.net/archives/000129.html

I watched quite a bit of this on C-Span yesterday. I particularly liked Donna Roe's story about how they saved the babies life, and that baby is now a grown woman living in the United States with babies of her own. If they have a replay of the event and you can catch it, I highly recommend watching.

Kathianne said:
Seems they put together a good, controlled meeting in DC Sunday. This blog has photos:

I caught pieces of this between doing little chores to get ready in case Ivan decides to take a walk through our neighborhood.

I would have watched more, but that damn wife wouldn't stop nagging. Glad to see that the vet groups are getting their feelings out. To listen to kerry, you'd think we all support him.

Hey guys, there's only a couple more months till the election and I have about 200 of these bumper stickers and buttons left. Please feel free to check out the webpage and buy a few. Give people something to think about when they check out the bumper sticker or button.

*edited by moderator*

Thanks guys.

Why would it be on the news? they are protesting John Kerry

Is Fow News not one of the biggest national channels with a big audience ? And is not Fox News definitly on the Republican side ?

To answer : some of the Vets are against Kerry : the GOP is one of them.
But lots are for Kerry : senator Max Cleland, from Georgia, who lost his 2 legs and one arm, attack the GOP and defend Kerry.
Lots of other do the same thing.

padisha emperor said:
Is Fow News not one of the biggest national channels with a big audience ? And is not Fox News definitly on the Republican side ?

To answer : some of the Vets are against Kerry : the GOP is one of them.
But lots are for Kerry : senator Max Cleland, from Georgia, who lost his 2 legs and one arm, attack the GOP and defend Kerry.
Lots of other do the same thing.

To answer your questions.

Foxnews is indeed one of the most watched news channels in the country. Foxnews individual analysts and reporters may steer towards the conservative side of the spectrum, but this does not spill over into their news coverage. Now with the political commentary shows such as Hannity and Colmes, Oreilly Factor and the like, they make their opinions known to all but are usually offset by several liberal analysts as well. Fox is well known for its fairness in reporting by presenting both sides of the argument to the viewer and letting them decide what they think. It seems to have worked since they are the fastest growing news station in the country.

As for the vets against Kerry and for Kerry, its all a moot issue to a majority of Americans. No one cares about Vietnam except those who are looking to benefit from it and those who are still scarred from it. Kerry wouldnt have had "Swiftboat Vets for truth" come out had he not made his basis for becoming the president 4 months of service in a SouthEastern Asian country 30 years ago. His actions after he came home scarred many veterans and they want their voices heard. Had Kerry simply run on his record in office, quite possibly these Vets would have been a background noise in an otherwise issue driven campaign.

Kathianne said:

I saw this on C-SPAN yesterday, too. There were a lot of great testimonials...and they did not mince words when it came to Kerry.

The one the stands out in my mind is the fellow that was browbeaten by Kerry and his cronies into giving false testimony at the Winter Soldier Hearings in 1971. According to this guy's story, Kerry and the others told him to testify that he saw atrocities being committed, even though he hadn't. When he refused, they threatened to strand him there without any money unless he cooperated.

They also mentioned that they had a website:

http://www.kerrylied.com/

P.S. Zell Miller wrote an op-ed piece in today's Wall St. Journal about his comments at the Republican Convention. And he didn't mince words, either! He basically said, "I would not trust my family's safety to John Kerry" --- well put, and concise.

Forum List

Back