Vietnam, Irag, Afg not wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Wars have campagins, battle lines, rules of engagement , uniforms etc....

Last war was the Korean War ie had all of the above ie Inchon

Couple of problems - Korea was treated as a "police action" -no dec of war, solved nothing - still technically going on.

Last edited:
Hate Korean War with a passion.

Called a "police action......................................"

The Big One wasnt called a police action

Was close to serving in Nam.

Went to the local SS office and registered.

Nam started to peter-out around 1971.

Guess it takes a freaking Pearl Harbor before the US will Declare War....................

nam was garbage

The enemys big push was theTet offensive

my main recollection was the head-shot Saigon police chief gave to a cong

It's cute that you think anyone gives a fuck about your opinion on combat.

Huh? I thought Americans had a right to their opinions under the constitution. After all, they pay for everything, including war, with their hard earned tax dollars. Taxpayers can vote and elect people who don't care what your opinion about combat may be. Come to think of it, why should anyone care about your opinion on the same subject? What makes one person's opinion better than any other opinion? Having been there? Supporting what you support? Believing what you believe? Thinking like you?

Opinions supported by unspun facts and logic carry weight. Other stuff is just talk.

Huh? I thought Americans had a right to their opinions under the constitution.

When did I say people weren't free to express their opinion? Am I not expressing my opinion when I say that the post's of a chicken-shit who has never seen combat aren't worth the bandwidth they are posted on?

After all, they pay for everything, including war, with their hard earned tax dollars. Taxpayers can vote and elect people who don't care what your opinion about combat may be. Come to think of it, why should anyone care about your opinion on the same subject? What makes one person's opinion better than any other opinion? Having been there? Supporting what you support? Believing what you believe? Thinking like you?

We are talking about combat action which is different then discussing policy. It's the same reason people who oppose the war were not, in fact, "spitting on the troops" as the jingoists claim. I didn't realize this was a difficult concept. If you need me to slow down and spell it out for you more slowly, I will do so.

When it comes to discussing the actual experience of combat (and not the policy behind it), value is added to opinion based on experience.

And yes, I have been there.

Opinions supported by unspun facts and logic carry weight. Other stuff is just talk.

What facts and logic are present in the OP? It's his usual MO of trolling.

I'm pretty sure the US Soldiers exchanging gun fire with terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan consider themselves at war, I mean they are not there as part of a circus troop. This post reeks.

Guess it takes a freaking Pearl Harbor before the US will Declare War....................

You don't think 9/11 was a Pearl Harbor like event?

No, it was not done as a military action of a sovern government.

Yiou might want to study up on terrorism vs war.

and btw Iraq had nothing to do with 911.

Saudi Arabia and Yemem did though.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the US Soldiers exchanging gun fire with terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan consider themselves at war, I mean they are not there as part of a circus troop. This post reeks.

Screw bullets.

IEDs are worse.

Nothing quite like the feeling of knowing that you can be blown to smithereens without even having a shot at finding/killing the person trying to kill you.

That's why they are such an effective psychological weapon.

I mean, the would be a "weapon" if these were "real wars".

Scratch the term "psychological weapon" and insert "psychological annoyance".

Screw bullets.

IEDs are worse.

Nothing quite like the feeling of knowing that you can be blown to smithereens without even having a shot at finding/killing the person trying to kill you.

Oh I know, IEDS are a bitch, you could die just being in a convoy and run over one.

You don't think 9/11 was a Pearl Harbor like event?

No, it was done as a military action of a sovern government.

Yiou might want to study up on terrorism vs war.

and btw Iraq had nothing to do with 911.

Saudi Arabia and Yemem did though.

And yet, in the days and weeks following 9/11 when we had the entire world in our corner, we could have launched a massive retaliatory strike against either of those followed by a severe warning to keep your lunatics on a short leash.

But no, we went into Iraq for whatever reason, I don't know.

Screw bullets.

IEDs are worse.

Oh I know, IEDS are a bitch, you could die just being in a convoy and run over one.

Low risk, high payoff.

No wonder they are the weapon of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back