Vietnam demands Monsanto pays compensation for Agent Orange victims

do you see the post above yours? it was a reply....it was used to clear the path for the ground troops....they called for the drops..it was a deadly chemical...

i am sorry this subject is not one i enjoy discussing and perhaps should not have posted in this thread to begin with

do you see the post above yours? it was a reply....it was used to clear the path for the ground troops....they called for the drops..it was a deadly chemical...

i am sorry this subject is not one i enjoy discussing and perhaps should not have posted in this thread to begin with

What if I leave the thread?

How would I ever know?

What if somebody else posts before you?

Like DDT, Chlordae, and Mirex the risks were not known.

So DDT, Chlordane, and Mirex were used as chemical weapons?

We wanted to hurt our own troops?

Last edited:
Was it used as a weapon?
Absolutely. It was used indiscriminately to gain advantage over the enemy.

So when I use a weed wacker at home I am using a weapon sweetie?
Are you stupid.

Not nearly as stupid as you.

So we used a weapon on our own troops sweetie?
We did.

Like DDT, Chlordae, and Mirex the risks were not known.

The idea was to defoliate for the benefit of our troops.

Last edited:
Absolutely. It was used indiscriminately to gain advantage over the enemy.

Are you stupid.

We did.

Like DDT, Chlordae, and Mirex the risks were not known?

We didn't use it to harm our troops, we used it to harm the enemy.

Are you stupid.

We did.

Good.

Are you stupid.

We did.

Good.
Not good if you idiots claim some kind of moral superiority that justifies our use of chemical weapons. Not good.

Defoliating the jungles in order to expose the enemy was a nessesary evil at that time in history. We had victims on our side as well from that crap, and if anything we ought to be seeking compensation from Vietnam for putting us in that situation to begin with.

Do these countries think that Obama is still in the Whitehouse ?? We don't have an apologist in the white house anymore, so they best just move on with their lives by not creating wars for other people to fight for them. That is the best healing any nation can accomplish in their futures.
Chemical warfare is only disgusting if Assad or Sadaam are doing it ?
False equivalent, so try again..... Defoliating was not a strike by way of an intentional use of a nerve gas weapon (for example) that is intended to directly target human beings in a weapon form designed just for that.

Try something else Tom, Tom.

We did.

Good.
Not good if you idiots claim some kind of moral superiority that justifies our use of chemical weapons. Not good.

Mustard gas is a chemical weapon.
Sarin gas is a chemical weapon.

Agent orange was a defoliant.

Public schooling was hard on you.

Please ask if you need more help?

Try and keep up sweetie.

Defoliating the jungles in order to expose the enemy was a nessesary evil at that time in history. We had victims on our side as well from that crap, and if anything we ought to be seeking compensation from Vietnam for putting us in that situation to begin with.

Do these countries think that Obama is still in the Whitehouse ?? We don't have an apologist in the white house anymore, so they best just move on with their lives by not creating wars for other people to fight for them. That is the best healing any nation can accomplish in their futures.
False equivalent, so try again..... Defoliating was not a strike by way of an intentional use of a nerve gas weapon (for example) that is intended to directly target human beings in a weapon form designed just for that.

You are so dishonest it really is breathtaking.

I think he just passed out on cheap scotch.

Chemical weapon?

You are so dishonest it really is breathtaking.

Wah wah.

I guess when you lose the argument and you are drunk it is time to resort to your standard ad hominem attacks.

Sad really.

It was employed with the intent to deny humans a food source and a habitat, Mr. moral relativist.

most of the victims of agent orange are dead. are they paying the families.. my father died at 54...from lung cancer...he was a smoker but he was exposed to agent orange more than once in his two tours....

and what of the families of those who died early..what do they get?

Most of them got nothing. The gov't denied their claims for decades. Consequently, many victims died before there was even an admission that Agent Orange was responsible for the myriad of health issues.

My father-in-law died last year. But he suffered numerous ailments that were directly related to his exposure to Agent Orange. He received compensation for his exposure in 2016. He had been fighting for it for almost 40 years. The treatment of veterans has been horrific.

Drunk already?

Clearly you went to public schools as you can't distinguish between defoliant and weapon darling.

The indiscriminate use of Agent Orange made it a weapon. Not one that killed right away. But a weapon nonetheless.

in all honesty....monsanto deserves to be sued...they continue to poison the earth
Not a fan of chemicals, but I would rather say that laws regulating the use of it should be strictly enforced, and strengthend big time. Cancer ain't no joke, and way to many people are coming down with it now.

Farms are over using chemicals big time these days, and the run off's are going into out water systems big time. Then we have country roadsides being sprayed to keep growth down, and then we have the utilities using chemicals to keep their right of ways in check also. There are way to many chemicals being used, and it needs to be checked, and it should be that better vegetation management plans should be put in action in order to get away from the use of chemicals that are leading to cancer epidemics of biblical plague proportions in this country.

Lobbyist for these companies need to be legally dealt with by stopping their influence on our government in which inturn gives these companies a free reign to do as they please to us, regardless of what they know they are doing to us.

Drunk already?

Clearly you went to public schools as you can't distinguish between defoliant and weapon darling.

The indiscriminate use of Agent Orange made it a weapon. Not one that killed right away. But a weapon nonetheless.
Nope.. It had to be an intentional use as a weapon in order to be determined as such. Defoliating is not a direct use of the defoliant that would determine it to be a chemical weapon.

Forum List

Back