Vietnam challenges China at security talks

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I think Asian countries are beginning to run out of their patience against China.

---

MANILA: Vietnam urged other Southeast Asian nations to take a stronger stand against Chinese expansionism in the South China Sea on Saturday, as a tense regional security forum began with North Korea also under fire over its nuclear programme.

Ahead of the launch of the annual gathering of foreign ministers from the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Vietnam made a bold play against China with a raft of suggested changes to a planned joint communique.
Read more at:

Imagine if the world community begins to challenge america over it's expansionist global occupation.

I think Asian countries are beginning to run out of their patience against China.

---

MANILA: Vietnam urged other Southeast Asian nations to take a stronger stand against Chinese expansionism in the South China Sea on Saturday, as a tense regional security forum began with North Korea also under fire over its nuclear programme.

Ahead of the launch of the annual gathering of foreign ministers from the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Vietnam made a bold play against China with a raft of suggested changes to a planned joint communique.
Read more at:

Vietnam has never been very pro-Chinese, old hatreds that go back for centuries.

---

Read more at:

Vietnam has never been very pro-Chinese, old hatreds that go back for centuries.
Indeed. They kicked the Chinese out their country more than once and I think the second time it took a couple hundred years but sure as hell, they left. The French and Americans went quicker.

---

Read more at:

Indeed. They kicked the Chinese out their country more than once and I think the second time it took a couple hundred years but sure as hell, they left. The French and Americans went quicker.
And had no business there in the first place; stuff we still engage in.

---

Read more at:

Good for Vietnam. This could be a great opportunity for America and Japan to embrace Vietnam as a source of labour while exiting China. As China uses North Korea to antagonize the West, America needs to find those nations who will antagonize and call out China.

Last edited:

---

Read more at:

Vietnam had a border war with China shortly after the USA left. Bad blood is right.

---

Read more at:

Vietnam had a border war with China shortly after the USA left. Bad blood is right.

China snatched Spratly away from Vietnam when Vietnam was busy fighting Vietnam War. The strange thing is that at that time China and Vietnam were allies. Sucker punching seems to be a modus operandi of China.

China, Vietnam meeting cancelled amid South China Sea tensions

MANILA: A scheduled meeting between the foreign ministers of China and Vietnam was cancelled on the sidelines of a regional gathering, Chinese embassy officials said, amid growing tension between the two countries over the South China Sea.

Vietnam had held out for language that noted concern about island-building and criticised militarisation in South China Sea in the communique on Sunday from foreign ministers of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN).

Vietnam has emerged as the most vocal opponent of China's claims in the waterway, where more than $3 trillion in cargo pass every year.

The Chinese embassy officials gave no reason for the cancellation of the meeting scheduled for Monday in Manila between China's Wang Yi and Vietnam's Pham Binh Minh.

China, Vietnam meeting cancelled amid South China Sea tensions - Times of India

Forum List

Back