VietNam..April 30th....How It Ended.

And your point is that the military should be run with compulsory service, with draftees who don't know why they are supposed to be killing people, or do know and adamantly disagree? That they should ask no questions if told to deport Jews, or shoot up a village of civilians? Nonsense. That is the lesson of Vietnam.

Strawmen. I neither said-nor intended to say-anything remotely like what you are trying to attribute to me. Talking to yourself is suspicious, holding a full-blown argument with yourself is an indication that you need to seek help.

And so the US set out to kill 80k plus or minus Iraqis, plus many thousands of Americans, stir up sectarian violence, increase Iran's influence in the region, and then have to evacuate the country, leaving behind bases worth millions to construct, and ceed oil contracts to China, and other countries, alienate most allied countries, and destroy the moral credibility of the US? In that case it was a success.

That was/is true only in your fevered little mind.

We accomplished what we set out to do in Iraq and Afghanistan and they were obvious wins of battles in the War Against Terror. Your determination to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory does you no credit.
Oh that's just too funny!

We accomplished what we set out to do in Iraq and Afghanistan and they were obvious wins of battles in the War Against Terror. Your determination to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory does you no credit.
Oh that's just too funny!
You're right. What a fruit loop that guy is !!

Or maybe he is just a senile Jingoist.

Of course, if he had written that "we" war profiteers and contractors, "we" looters of the American people, accomplished what we set out to do, then I would find no fault with him.

There was no good reason for us to be involved in a Vietnamese civil war.

There is actually proof that the war was not necessary to our vital interests...

...the fact that North Vietnam won, but as a consequence,

NONE of our vital interests were in any way damaged.

There is actually proof that the war was not necessary to our vital interests...

But the War Profiteers made grotesque profits off the American people for ten long years, didn't they?

So the War served its purpose.

Oh no! Mindless disagreement from idiots! I'm crushed!
The War has been over for many years now, why can't you just admit it was all a mistake? Robert McNamara did.

You think that YOUR service over there legitimized that whole shooting match? Well it didn't. No more than MY service legitimized the whole Military Industrial Complex itself.

You think it would be disgraceful if you admitted it? Not at all.

But the War Profiteers made grotesque profits off the American people for ten long years, didn't they?

So the War served its purpose.

And the Vietnam war was only over a few years when we got a new order from the defense lobby,

spend billions on a buildup to "win" the Cold War...

...Cold War ends, supposedly, in the late eighties, and next thing you know Saddam Hussein is the new Adolph Hitler,

and the profiteers order up a war in the Middle East. That drags out for the last 20 years or so, but now that's winding down...

...what's next?

Trump up the threat of China? Resurrect the missile defense cash cow?

Last edited:
'

Yes, the War Profiteer vampires will never fail to drum up "enemies" in order to drain the life's blood of the American people.

But one would have thought that they could do better than a few rag-head religious fanatics!! Hardly up to the standards of the Soviet Union and vast nuclear armaments!!

I suppose they feel that there is no end to the gullibility of the American people -- provided there is enough "Shock and Awe" and unceasing propaganda.

One is struck, yet again, by the Truth that :

"History repeats itself -- the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

Last edited:
'

Yes, the War Profiteer vampires will never fail to drum up "enemies" in order to drain the life's blood of the American people.

But one would have thought that they could do better than a few rag-head religious fanatics!! Hardly up to the standards of the Soviet Union and vast nuclear armaments!!

I suppose they feel that there is no end to the gullibility of the American people -- provided there is enough "Shock and Awe" and unceasing propaganda.

One is struck, yet again, by the Truth that :

"History repeats itself -- the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

Shock and Awe was against "a few rag-head religious fanatics"?
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
You ARE a dumb ass and a fooL.
Hussein's military and government WERE SECULAR YOU DUMB FUCK.
And had over 100,000 troops.
Does your mama know about the stupid shit you post?

''

If you had any brains at all, you would realize that the REAL "Shock and Awe" was aimed at the American people on 9/11, in order to traumatize and frighten a whole nation into believing nonsense and submitting to rule by a totalitarian junta.

I've identified you a stupid, America-hating liar.....

....that's not enough?

But,...you must be used to it by now.

Instead of insulting me, try to refute my argument. Why was the War in Vietnam morally justified? Why was it in America's national interest? Why did the United States have the right to devastate Vietnam in order to prevent the ascension of a leader as many as 80 percent of the Vietnamese wanted? :confused:

I was raised to be very patriotic. I thrilled to the sight of the American flag, the National Anthem, "rocks and rills," "woods and templed hills," and all that. The War in Vietnam took that away from me. I never got it back. Appeals to American nationalism fill me with cold disgust. :puke:
I see you've noticed that about her as well that she can only insult when she cant refute facts.lol.

This is how preposterous the War in Vietnam was. A young man did not need a genius level IQ to figure out that the War was unworthy of his life, and the life of anyone he might kill over there. It seemed to help, however. Anti war sentiment was strongest at the best universities.

Anti war sentiment was strongest in Universities where the children that attended it were most spoiled.

speaking of that,when you do your research on politicians and war,they never send their children off to fight these wars.They would never be so eager for a war if it meant THEIR children had to go off and fight in them like all other americans do.

how preposterous the War in Vietnam was. A young man did not need a genius level IQ to figure out that the War was unworthy of his life, and the life of anyone he might kill over there. It seemed to help, however. Anti war sentiment was strongest at the best universities.
[/quote]

Anti war sentiment was strongest in Universities where the children that attended it were most spoiled.[/QUOTE]

Anti war sentiment was strongest where the average IQ was highest. The War in Vietnam was immoral and not in America's national interest for reasons I have explained in this thread. No one has even tried to refute my argument.[/QUOTE]

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

so very true on ALL your points.

You're a liar....you have no argument beyond that.
What have I said that is not true?
such hypocrisy from her as always,she needs to look in the mirror when calling someone a liar.

President Eisenhower is the best authority on the popularity of Ho Chi Minh. The war could have ended as soon as the United States decided to stop interfering in the internal affairs of Vietnam and withdraw.

amen to that brother.:clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
I wish I was born about 10 years earlier so I could have fought for the Military Industrial Complex in Vietnam, that would have been really cool.

I was in during Grenada, Panama and Gulf War I but was never deployed. Damn!

yeah thats americas REAL enemy.the military industrial complex that Eisenhower tried to warn the american people to be aware of in his farewell address speech.Too bad the american sheeple did not listen to him and heed his warning.

Last edited:
I was in training at RTC Sdiego when this boroadcast was made. we jumped for joy

Lyndon Johnson - Remarks on Decision to not seek Reelection - YouTube

I was in a graduate students dorm TV room. Everyone leaped to their feet as one person and cheered and screamed.

I would say LBJ was the worst president in my lifetime, and I include Nixon.

Naw DICK Nixon was worse.He put a dictator in power who murdered millions of people.amazing how our history classes conveintly leaves out those details and pretends that his worst crimes were lying about watergate isnt it?

Talk about indoctrination.Thats what our corrupt schools have done with americans their whole lives.our country is no different than the communists.you cant even give a version different than the governments without getting murdered.

Last edited:
'
The best comment on the Vietnam War that I know came from a South Vietnamese grunt drafted into the American puppet army.

It could also have been said with equal truth and justice by any American draftee forced to fight and risk his life for the bank accounts of war profiteers.

The South Vietnamese draftee avoided going into a dangerous firefight. An American military "advisor" berated him for his "cowardice."

The South Vietnamese soldier replied calmly,

"Why should I die for you?"

My brother and his buddies in country '66-'68 had a name for the death of their buddies over there:

WASTED.

And that is 100% correct. You can not fool the boots on the ground. They KNEW this was a political war ONLY.
Every soldier that gave his life in Nam had his life WASTED FOR NOTHING.

so very true.they were fighting that war to line the pockets of politicians and bankers and corporations.nothing more.All those 58,000 plus men on the wall in washington listed as killed in action were all murdered by the hands of Johnson and DICK Nixon.

Mississippi National Guard could have gone into Serbia and won with air support.
Clinton never served, he publicly "loathed the military".

Yep, that's what we always, always say.

"Lindsey Lohan's bellybutton lint could go into [Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia, Libya, Syria, Mogadishu, etc., etc.] and win in a few days!!!!" we brag.

And it's never, never true.

Clinton at least had the sense to understand THAT.

Clinton probably shouldn't have bothered, especially since we were bombing on behalf of Muslims, but at least he didn't get us bogged down in a ten-year losing war with no point whatsoever.

It was true in Serbia and that is all I stated was true.
Many historians label Clinton's involvement there "The Blowinsky Deflection".
For those of us that have a clue about military capabilities and logistics the cast dates back to Tito post WWII. Albanian nationalism led to this cluster fuck. Add in the League of Communists of Kosovo and the cocktail for disaster begins. Throw in Milosevic becoming President of Serbia and the brew cooks. He rallies all of the above.
Aircraft flew 40,000 combat missions.
Norwegian and British special forces brokered back room deals for a peace agreement.
Boy Scout Troop 401 from Hahira, Ga. could have come in and cleaned up after 40,000 combat mission air strikes.

Clintons hypocrisy is revolting,he wouldnt fight in the vietnam war yet that bastard sent many americans to die off in a foreign country because just like you said,he was trying to divert everybodys attention away from the Blowinsky scandal so just like Nixon started a war in cambodia to get everybodys attention away from watergate,Clinton did the same thing.two birds of a feather.

But if we don't go to war for whatever reason, every so often, what happens to our John Wayne America? Do new generations coming along need a war every twenty or thirty years or so? Even Teddy Roosevelt apologized for the size and scope of the Spanish American War. Who makes our wars for us, politicians, genetics, the military, egos, bar room talk, fear, what? Wars are the one constant of history.

thats exactly who makes our wars for us,these corrupt and bought off politicans,and the american sheople even after vietnam STILL sadly havent leanred anything yet and like the gullible idiots they are,line up to go over to the middle east and die to line the pockets of all these politicians,bankers and corporations.

Forum List

Back