Viet Nam Vets are AGAINST this war in Iraq

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Close, but no cigar, hobbit. You only know and speak of what you've been told. That's obvious. I speak from experience and as an indulger of diverse ideology. I maintain that what I say is true and based on all credible polls and publically available information I see no conflict. I suppose you can supply that conflicting information?

Bull, psycho. You're a partisan. And your anecdotal evidence means jack skippy. Are you on the campaign trail again?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Close, but no cigar, hobbit. You only know and speak of what you've been told. That's obvious. I speak from experience and as an indulger of diverse ideology. I maintain that what I say is true and based on all credible polls and publically available information I see no conflict. I suppose you can supply that conflicting information?

So, basically, what you're saying is that we both have anecdotal evidence, but mine is just an isolated incident that means nothing while yours is indicitive of a nationwide trend among millions of people?

And people say conservatives are arrogant.

Originally posted by jimnyc
It's been stated that Bush has infuriated the 'entire' Arab community with the war on terrorism. People have stated that the WOT has only made more terrorists. They say more terrorists have arrived in Iraq since the war than were there previously. They say Iraq is a hotbed for violence and that the majority of Iraqi's are against occupation. Some say it'll be many years before things die down in Iraq and democracy will never take place. I can go on and on and on with things like this that I have read.

I'll chalk it up to suspect rhetoric and assume it's incorrect until factually proven otherwise. So then if we eliminate everything we consider 'suspect' we are left with these facts:

Saddam refused proper negotiations for 12 years.
The USA invaded Iraq.
Usay and Quday are dead.
Saddam has been captured and removed from power.
Rebuilding efforts have begun.

Looks good to me!

With all due respect, you can't factualy backup predictions about the future. So yes, it's all suspect. Some will be right. Some will be wrong. The list of accomplishments you provided are things that DO make me more at ease. The cost is yet to be seen, however. Things do not look good to many of us.

Originally posted by nycflasher
With all due respect, you can't factualy backup predictions about the future. So yes, it's all suspect. Some will be right. Some will be wrong. The list of accomplishments you provided are things that DO make me more at ease. The cost is yet to be seen, however. Things do not look good to many of us.

Yes. And things look good to many of us. In lieu of evidence re: the future, why be negative.? Oh wait libs are always negative. Life is evil. Success is evil, technology is evil, america is evil. Economic growth is evil. And they call religious people zealots. That's irony for ya folks.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Yes. And things look good to many of us. In lieu of evidence re: the future, why be negative.? Oh wait libs are always negative. Life is evil. Success is evil, technology is evil, america is evil. Economic growth is evil. And they call religious people zealots. That's irony for ya folks.

Guess you've got all the answers.
There's negative, and then there's cautious.
Anyone who disagrees with you is a lib and all of those things you said. He-he.
Big words. Small mind.
Once again, no facts all supposition.

And to address one of your rediculous ideas, libs don't think technology is evil--Al Gore invented the internet:D

Don't be a fool.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Guess you've got all the answers.
There's negative, and then there's cautious.
Anyone who disagrees with you is a lib and all of those things you said. He-he.
Big words. Small mind.
Once again, no facts all supposition.

And to address one of your rediculous ideas, libs don't think technology is evil--Al Gore invented the internet:D

Don't be a fool.

Don't be a nubbin'.

There's a nubbin' in your bathroom. Go in there and there'll be one there.

nubbin'= naked woman? (my gf just got out of the shower)

never heard that one before...

RWA, what the hell are you talking about? Please try to provide coherent, constructive thoughts in the future so that you give the rest of us something resembling an idea that we can respond to.

Originally posted by Reilly
RWA, what the hell are you talking about? Please try to provide coherent, constructive thoughts in the future so that you give the rest of us something resembling an idea that we can respond to.
Sarcasm, it makes sense to me.

reilly, re: means "regarding". maybe that threw you, I don't know.

You rarely post any arguments. For everyone of your posts that provides an argument, there are 10 posts comprised of just willful mischaracterizations of the positions of others (baiting), name-calling and silly characterizations of "libs." That doesn't get anyone anywhere.

You rarely post any arguments. For everyone of your posts that provides an argument, there are 10 posts comprised of just willful mischaracterizations of the positions of others (baiting), name-calling and silly characterizations of "libs." That doesn't get anyone anywhere.

:cool:

all rhetoric... no substance
well, little anyway

They are accurate characterizations, in my opinion. You're free to disagree. I have a right to my opinion.

Which of my willful mischaracterizations is most innacurate, and how is it inaccurate?

(Here's your big moment; don't blow it. Good luck, Sparky!)

Which of my willful mischaracterizations is most innacurate, and how is it inaccurate?

(Here's your big moment; don't blow it. Good luck, Sparky!)

Originallly posted by nycflasher
I don't hear a whole lot of talk about solutions. All I hear is...

Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
ad nauseum...

Yes, institutionalized racism is nauseating. Glad you see it my way. The solution is to NOT do it. I'm glad you agree it may be better to go after actual cases of discrimination instead of making the wrong blanket assumption that all whites are racist. That's crap.

Protectionism is wrong for the future, though it may be comforting in the short term. But that's a different topic.

:cof:

This is my personal favorite of today. Willful mischaracterization (so obvious it barely qualifies) = Baiting a response to your shit.

That's what I am talking about. Nobody gains and you look like an asshole, Sparky.

This is my personal favorite of today. Willful mischaracterization (so obvious it barely qualifies) = Baiting a response to your shit.

That's what I am talking about. Nobody gains and you look like an asshole, Sparky.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment. That is all. Good day to you, sir.

Forum List

Back