Videos that remind you of the Politics Forum

None of the video I can think of would be safe for work.

Videos that remind you of the Politics Forum

Sorry, but I think that video (there is only one in the OP, not more than one) reminds the OP, no me, of the Politics subforum. Were I to see that video in the abstract, the USMB Politics forum would not come to mind. I've read and written about literature and art, so, yes, I can draw parallels. Doing so, however, is not the same thing as seeing the video and being reminded -- having USMB conversations and spats come independently into my head -- of the Politics subforum here.

In terms of outcomes and consequences, nothing that goes on here, and nobody who posts here, has any impact on my life away from here. That clearly cannot be said of the guys who were on that contraption.

That said, there is one aspect in which the "narrator/winner" at the start of the video does remind me of many a USMB poster: he had no clue about what he was talking about. To wit, he doesn't know what "winning" is. The guy said the last man on the "toro totter" was the winner. Did you see what happened to him upon becoming the bull's sole target? He didn't win; he merely was the last person to get mauled. He would have won had he not gotten buffeted by the beast, but curried by the cow he was.

Oh, was the idea that we're supposed to post videos that remind us of the Politics subforum? I wasn't aware that we were being solicited.

If that's what's sought, here's one. The interviewees are exactly how I envision most regular posters on here.

Oh, was the idea that we're supposed to post videos that remind us of the Politics subforum? I wasn't aware that we were being solicited.

If that's what's sought, here's one. The interviewees are exactly how I envision most regular posters on here.

You are smarter than that right? You understand it is a spoof?

Spoof or no spoof -- and, no, I'm not really sure whether those people were sincere or whether the segment was staged, nor do I care which be the case -- but that doesn't mean the interviewees don't remind me of how it appears people on here actually behave.

Spoof or no spoof -- and, no, I'm not really sure whether those people were sincere or whether the segment was staged, nor do I care which be the case -- but that doesn't mean the interviewees don't remind me of how it appears people on here actually behave.

Okay, in the proper context I agree.

Forum List

Back