[VIDEO] ~ Wow... Rand Paul has a seriously bright future... Patriot Act Today...

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
Wow... Rand Paul has a seriously bright future...

Great presentation, I have studied the patriot act & it's clear that Rand has as well...

Made great points & did an awesome job summing up the issue as a whole.

I see a very bright future in Mr. Rand.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXLGyOdE_tc]YouTube - ‪Rand Paul on Extension of the Patriot Act: 05/23/11‬‏[/ame]

I called my senators today, have you called yours?

He did a great job with that presentation. I hope we get rid of the ridiculously named "Patriot" act. What is patriotic about abandoning our Constitution?

Rand Paul said:
We depend on the checks and balances in our society, we never want to give all of the authority to either one group of congress or to the president or to police or judges, we have checks and balances to approve - to try to prevent abuse. Now, some have said "well if you have nothing to hide then why do you care?" The thing is we'll not always have angels who are in charge of government, you have rules because you want to prevent the day that may occur when you get someone who takes over your government through elected office or otherwise, who really is intent in using the tools of government to pry into your affairs, to snoop on what you're doing, to punish you for your political or religious beliefs. That's what we don't want to let the law become so expansive, but the thing is you have to realize that you can still get terrorists, we get rapists and murderers every day by calling a judge, that's what I'm asking for - that we go through and obey the 4th Amendment. [...] If you don't protect the entire bill of rights, you're not going to have any of it.

A smart man, this Rand. A chip off the ol' block.

Forum List

Back