Video: Workers See for the First Time how Obamacare Affects their Premiums/Deductible

Please share with us, Billy, as to who pays for the subsidies.

sure I would love to educate you ... if you look at the ACA bill where the subsidy money comes for are medical supply companies, companies who make meds ... each and every company they get 2.2% of their gross income ... see that's what happens when you read the ACA bill ...you know something about what your talking about ... in this case you don't

OMG...are you for real?

Please share with us, Billy, as to who pays for the subsidies.

sure I would love to educate you ... if you look at the ACA bill where the subsidy money comes for are medical supply companies, companies who make meds ... each and every company they get 2.2% of their gross income ... see that's what happens when you read the ACA bill ...you know something about what your talking about ... in this case you don't

Cite it billy boy, we all know you are a liar, so cite it please ;)

in one of the arguments with the white house Boehner wanted to pass with the budget bill, was to remove the clause in the ACA bill to cut the tax that was being charged to medical equipment and companies that made drugs ... in the press and in the bill the white house pointed out along with the democrats said no to this ... the reason they gave that was said by president was that 60 % of the subsidies came from these taxes ... by removing it it would cause the ACA to fail ... the other were based on people who made over 250,000 dollars who bought health care said ... my point was the people who get subsidies don't pay taxes for those subsidy ... lie I said read the bil for once in your life ...

PS I've posted this before and everything went silent ... the other thing is if this is a lie, instead of me proving it to you its not, like I've done in the past, because this isn't the first time this was said by you clowns ... how about you doing some GOD damn research for once in your measly life ... see where the money comes from ... with that proof, prove me wrong... I believe it was you on the weight lifter that paralyzed himself from the waste down ... you call me a liar there too ... I posted the article word for word and you kept coming back and calling me a liar because some regulation you pointed out that said they couldn't compete if they didn't have insurance ... I posted the article from FOX NEWS ...showing you and every body else here where the article it self said exactly what I posted and yet you couldn't believe the article from fox news , which is understandable, and prove me wrong, you didn't ... you didn't have a leg to stand on ... but you kept calling me a lair and demanding me to prove that you didn't have to have insurance to get in to the contest... all I did was post the article from Fox news where it was asking people to donate money because this weight lifter didn't have insurance and you went ballistic and couldn't accept the fact that even fox news was saying it ... you insisted I was a liar ... that's was your proof you said I lied because you said so thats your proof...

Last edited:
The Cost Of Subsidies

But the authors of the Affordable Care Act didn't want the subsidies to become a drain on the Treasury and add to the deficits. So they included provisions designed to offset the cost of the subsidies.

MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, who helped develop the law, says a little over half the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals. Another quarter is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies.

"The other source of revenue is a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans," he says. "Those families with incomes above $250,000 a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes."

Those provisions actually make the bill a net positive for the federal budget, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. By the CBO's accounting, Obamacare will produce a surplus. Gruber says the law will "actually lower the deficit by about $100 billion over the next decade and by $1 trillion in the decade after."

However, many Republicans have expressed skepticism about those findings.

The Cost Of Subsidies

But the authors of the Affordable Care Act didn't want the subsidies to become a drain on the Treasury and add to the deficits. So they included provisions designed to offset the cost of the subsidies.

MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, who helped develop the law, says a little over half the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals. Another quarter is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies.

"The other source of revenue is a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans," he says. "Those families with incomes above $250,000 a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes."

Those provisions actually make the bill a net positive for the federal budget, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. By the CBO's accounting, Obamacare will produce a surplus. Gruber says the law will "actually lower the deficit by about $100 billion over the next decade and by $1 trillion in the decade after."

Billy...didn't you say "sorry pal, the tax payer doesn't pay for the subsidy"? Hmm. Then there seems to be some contradiction with your statement. You mean families with incomes above $250,000 are not taxpayers? :cuckoo:

The Cost Of Subsidies

First, I congratulate you, you told the truth for once.

Second....

the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals.

So we ARE cutting Dr and Hospital reimbursements...
I love that word "projected", it means nothing.

Third.....
Another quarter is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies

Which will be passed on to consumers....

"Those families with incomes above $250,000 a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes."

Can you tell me where the Gov gets the money to pay Medicare costs?

Medicare funding....

Part A is largely funded by revenue from a 2.9 percent payroll tax levied on employers and workers (each pay 1.45 percent).

Taxes.

for individuals or $250,000 for couples filing jointly and rose to 3.8% on income in excess of those amounts to help partially fund the subsidies included in PPACA.[8]

Taxes.

Parts B and D are partially funded by premiums paid by Medicare enrollees and general fund revenue. In 2006 a surtax was added to Part B premium for higher-income seniors to partially fund Part D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_(United_States)

Taxes.

Taxes Billy Boy.....you lose.

Again.

Mr. Starkey, I'm just curious. If you are a Republican and actually want the GOP to win back the Senate, then why have I not heard you once criticize the left? You seem to support Obamacare, the stimulus, and most of Obama's other policies. Honestly, I'm happy you're not voting Dem just because that helps our side, but does the GOP really match your ideology at all?

Jake voted for Obama twice, don't let him yank your penis.

:lol: I voted for McCain and Obama.

Your industry is getting what it earned, Antares.

Tuff dat.

Jake voted for obama? Huh, he always touted that he was for Romney. I thought that meant he voted for Romney. Looks like I was wrong.

Hey Jake, what gives with this? Why didn't you vote for Mittens?

Medicare funding....

Part A is largely funded by revenue from a 2.9 percent payroll tax levied on employers and workers (each pay 1.45 percent).

Taxes.

for individuals or $250,000 for couples filing jointly and rose to 3.8% on income in excess of those amounts to help partially fund the subsidies included in PPACA.[8]

Taxes.

Parts B and D are partially funded by premiums paid by Medicare enrollees and general fund revenue. In 2006 a surtax was added to Part B premium for higher-income seniors to partially fund Part D.

Taxes.

Again.

I commented on this before to you ... what you've don here is posted a inaccurate post ... you always do ... the original poster said they will be taxed higher for the subsidies ... and again I said the middle class doesn't pay any increased taxes on it ...what you posted here is what a person who makes 250,000 ,dollars or more ... they can afford a .06 increase ...and they aren't middle class workers .. the middle class worker doesn't pay more taxes and that's something you can't deny ... pay attention ...

The Cost Of Subsidies

Billy...didn't you say "sorry pal, the tax payer doesn't pay for the subsidy"? Hmm. Then there seems to be some contradiction with your statement. You mean families with incomes above $250,000 are not taxpayers? :cuckoo:

I said the middle class tax payer doesn't pay more in taxes ...not the 250,000 dollar tax payer ....they aren't the middle class ... pay attention!!!

Huh, and I got called a liar by [MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION] went I said ours went up 44%. He was saying everyone was lying who was claiming these outrageous increase.

Well the lefties when hearing criticism of their leader fall back
on calling racism or people lying.

I cancelled a scheduled doctors appointment and a dentist appointment today.
I just can't handle the out of pocket expenses right now. :mad:

Medicare funding....

Taxes.

Taxes.

Taxes.

Again.

I commented on this before to you ... what you've don here is posted a inaccurate post ... you always do ... the original poster said they will be taxed higher for the subsidies ... and again I said the middle class doesn't pay any increased taxes on it ...what you posted here is what a person who makes 250,000 ,dollars or more ... they can afford a .06 increase ...and they aren't middle class workers .. the middle class worker doesn't pay more taxes and that's something you can't deny ... pay attention ...

You are a liar Billy, YOU said the "taxpayer" would not pay the subsidies, stop lying.

Tuff dat.

Jake voted for obama? Huh, he always touted that he was for Romney. I thought that meant he voted for Romney. Looks like I was wrong.

Hey Jake, what gives with this? Why didn't you vote for Mittens?

[MENTION=34581]jake[/MENTION] Starkey

Yup, Jake typed it, Jake voted for Obama.

Obama Recovery: 88% of Jobs Created in 2013 are Part-Time!

According to Mort Zuckerman, a stunning 88% of jobs created in 2013 are “part-time.” In case you were wondering if this was “historic,” yeah, yeah it is.

Appearing on PBS’s McLaughlin Group, Zuckerman said late last month, “88 percent of the jobs that have been created this year are part-time jobs. A large part of the reason for that number of part-time jobs which is unprecedented in American history is because people are apprehensive about the impact of ObamaCare on and the costs of ObamaCare on full-time jobs.”

Obama Recovery: 88% of Jobs Created in 2013 are Part-Time! | Independent Journal Review

75 Percent Of Jobs Created This Year Were Part-Time Due To Weak Economy, Obamacare Concerns

U.S. businesses are hiring at a robust rate. The only problem is that three out of four of the nearly 1 million hires this year are part-time and many of the jobs are low-paid.

Faltering economic growth at home and abroad and concern that President Barack Obama's signature health care law will drive up business costs are behind the wariness about taking on full-time staff, executives at staffing and payroll firms say.

75 Percent Of Jobs Created This Year Were Part-Time Due To Weak Economy, Obamacare Concerns

You're welcome.

It ha squat to do with a weak economy. It is all about not having to offer insurance. Easier to let the taxpayers pay for the subsidies.

sorry pal, the tax payer doesn't pay for the subsidy ... try again

sorry pal, the tax payer doesn't pay for the subsidy ... try again

Nothing about "middle class" there Billy Boi".

Mr. Starkey, I'm just curious. If you are a Republican and actually want the GOP to win back the Senate, then why have I not heard you once criticize the left? You seem to support Obamacare, the stimulus, and most of Obama's other policies. Honestly, I'm happy you're not voting Dem just because that helps our side, but does the GOP really match your ideology at all?

Tuff dat.

@ Jake Starkey

Hey Jake, I found where you said it again!!!!!

Tuff dat.

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]
I also wanted such a mixed ticket. I thought Obama would make a better Vice President,
and could build his networks to prove his programs work, before running for President.

Tuff dat.

I also wanted such a mixed ticket. I thought Obama would make a better Vice President,
and could build his networks to prove his programs work, before running for President.

Are you yanking his chain on purpose?
He swears I hacked his account and typed that!

Huh, and I got called a liar by [MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION] went I said ours went up 44%. He was saying everyone was lying who was claiming these outrageous increase.

You are lying. Own it.

Nope, YOU are lying.

National average 44%.....I've seen as high as 300%.

More expensive, less coverage from the new plans.

Many needy folks getting coverage, many average folks can't afford it.

Are you suggesting the "average folks" don't have subsidies?

And what is an average folks to you?

You are lying. Own it.

Nope, YOU are lying.

Here are the state by state comparison to the premium spikes due to the Obamacare mandates.

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?

Tuff dat.

Are you yanking his chain on purpose?
He swears I hacked his account and typed that!

??? So he was just saying that to be sarcastic?
I thought you were quoting him for real, sorry!

But then I don't always know WHAT people are saying these days.

I heard that Reid called all the insurance horror stories "lies"
then I heard he DENIED he EVER said that even though there was video.

So what the heck,
maybe I should give up trying to keep track.

No, I wasn't trying to incite anyone.
I think I chased away Luddly and maybe Paperview.

But Jake seems quite willing to stand his ground
and explain objections and points rationally. He generally makes sense to me.

We probably agree on a lot of the same problems with govt,
but mainly disagree on who deserves more blame for them.

You are lying. Own it.

Nope, YOU are lying.

I am telling you that the "average" premium rate went up 44% across the Nation.

I am telling you that not everyone gets a subsidy, and I am telling you that many who do still can't afford the Coverage.

I am also telling you that it is worse coverage than they could get before.

Forum List

Back