VIDEO: Speaker blasts potus and dems for lacking ideas or plans

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Almost sounded to me as if he was telling the opposition "take it or leave it we've done our part and will do no more"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUliWPl0WLQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪Speaker blasts potus and dems‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
Almost sounded to me as if he was telling the opposition "take it or leave it we've done our part and will do no more"

If only he held power in a nation with a political system in which that's anywhere near an adequate or tenable position.

There are 4 days left till obamatastriphy happens. He couldn't write another bill if he had too. So it seems logical to me no?

There are 4 days left till obamatastriphy happens. He couldn't write another bill if he had too. So it seems logical to me no?

He walked away from a $4 trillion deal because his caucus couldn't accept giving the opposition something they wanted in return for getting what they want. You seem to find it very impressive that Boehner has now made a last ditch attempt to save his speakership by hastily drawing up a bill that he boasts the Senate Leadership and President hate. Fantastic, he's opted again to save his political hide by currying favor with the far right nuts in his party.

Color me nauseated.

If only he held power in a nation with a political system in which that's anywhere near an adequate or tenable position.
It was such a "tenable" position when Obuttheadcare was jammed up our asses, comrade.

He walked away from a $4 trillion deal because his caucus couldn't accept giving the opposition something they wanted in return for getting what they want. You seem to find it very impressive that Boehner has now made a last ditch attempt to save his speakership by hastily drawing up a bill that he boasts the Senate Leadership and President hate. Fantastic, he's opted again to save his political hide by currying favor with the far right nuts in his party.

Color me nauseated.

He walked away from fruitless negotiations with Obama because every time they agreed on something Obama would come back wanting more.
Why are you not nauseated that the Democrats failed to pass a budget for 2 years? Why are you not nauseated that the Democrats have presided over the biggest spend-fest in post war history? Why are you not nauseated that the Democrats have failed to produce a proposal? Why are you not nauseated that Democrats act like the only problem is they can't get what they want?
It is because you are an ignorant partisan little pissant.

Noehner sounds really angry. I can only guess at what happened. Yes, I'll bet he's worked very hard trying to gt people to agree to something.
But you cannot negotiate with terrorists. You cannot negotiate with Democrats. Both are so certain of their views that compromise is impossible. It's either their way or they blow the whole thing up.

Color me nauseated.

At least try to be honest. They had a tentative deal UNTIL Obama raised the revenue goal by 490 billion

So yea, he did what I would have done. How can you make a deal with someone who keeps changing the paramiters?

Color me nauseated.

Do you have a strong desire to say OH YEEEEEAAAHHH!!!
All the time?

The bill just passed with 0 democratic votes. I guess now it will collect dust in the senate.
now it's all on the dems:eusa_eh:

I don't get the resistance to the bill. What's so damaging in it that they "claim" makes it irresponsible?

The Republicans are trying to kill Christmas. Don't you listen to what the White House says?
Seriously. First they accuse the GOP of trying to kill granma. Now it's trying to kill Christmas. Who knows what's next?
What they dont realize is that Americans are actually smarter than that. They see the bullshit the WH is putting out. Obama's declining ratings are testament to that.

now it's all on the dems:eusa_eh:

I don't get the resistance to the bill. What's so damaging in it that they "claim" makes it irresponsible?

The Republicans are trying to kill Christmas. Don't you listen to what the White House says?
Seriously. First they accuse the GOP of trying to kill granma. Now it's trying to kill Christmas. Who knows what's next?
What they dont realize is that Americans are actually smarter than that. They see the bullshit the WH is putting out. Obama's declining ratings are testament to that.

Yea I actually heard the killing xmas line yesterday in a press briefing. Its just really sad that our American White House has boiled down to grade school playground one liners.

:meow:

I should think Democrats would applaud the alleged effort of Republicans to "kill Christmas". After all it's libs and their handmaidens at The ACLU that have been working at outlawing and finally killing Christmas for decades.

Have they had an Epiphany?

Does mean they'll quit trying to make December a month of Muslim celebration?

I do respect Boehner. I don't like his Plan much but it's better than anyone else's so far. Our own President doesn't even have a Plan for God's sake. I like Boehner pushing for a Balanced-Budget Amendment too. That takes balls. But no one's Plan makes any serious cuts and that's very disappointing. $1 or $2 Trillion in cuts over ten years is pretty laughable. They should all be ashamed of themselves for making those kinds of pathetic offers.

We're getting set to boost our Debt to over $16 Trillion. So $1 or $2 Trillion over ten years really is sad and not even worth discussing further. I'm sure the cuts wont even be that much when the ten years are up. Who knows how many more Wars and spending sprees there will be during the next ten years. So don't even count on that $1 or $2 Trillion in cuts. That probably wont happen. So once again it looks like America will just have to eat another bitter shit sandwich. It is what it is.

Last edited:
I do respect Boehner. I don't like his Plan much but it's better than anyone else's so far. Our own President doesn't even have a Plan for God's sake. I like Boehner pushing for a Balanced-Budget Amendment too. That takes balls. But no one's Plan makes any serious cuts and that's very disappointing. $1 or $2 Trillion in cuts over ten years is pretty laughable. They should all be ashamed of themselves for making those kinds of pathetic offers.

We're getting set to boost our Debt to over $16 Trillion. So $1 or $2 Trillion over ten years really is sad and not even worth discussing further. I'm sure the cuts wont even be that much when the ten years are up. Who knows how many more Wars and spending sprees there will be during the next ten years. So don't even count on that $1 or $2 Trillion in cuts. That probably wont happen. So once again it looks like America will just have to eat another bitter shit sandwich. It is what it is.

Thats what ive been saying all along. Even he admitted it. The fact of the matter is the true Conservatives only hold so much power. There is only so much they can do. And to complain that its not enough just isn't going to get us anywhere. We have no choice but to take what we can get while we have the chance, and HOPE major CHANGES come about in Nov 2012. Then the real work can begin.

Too many people are demanding too much at a time when we just dont hold the power needed to enact those changes. Something is better than nothing. That is the compromise we can achieve. To demand more is the equivalent of sticking our heads in the sand just as the democrats and rhinos have done for nearly 11 years now. True change takes time.

Forum List

Back