Video Shows Border Chief Not Concerned With Illegal Immigration

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"Current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner David Aguilar (left) was caught on video during a 2007 town hall meeting with agents suggesting that stopping illegal immigration was not a high priority for the Border Patrol, sparking criticism from experts and even his own officers. The film was obtained exclusively by the Liberty News Network.

"You are not immigration officers. Let me repeat: You are not immigration officers," then Border Patrol Chief Aguilar said during the meeting, repeating it multiple times before going on to suggest that illegal immigrants are primarily the responsibility of other agencies like U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)."

Video Shows Border Chief Not Concerned With Illegal Immigration

Granny says, "Dat's right - more boots onna ground so's dey can put `em uppa illegal's butts...
:clap2:
U.S. General: ‘More Troops’ Needed to Secure the Southwest Border
April 17, 2012 – More troops or law enforcement agents are required to secure the southwest border, National Guard Maj. Gen. John Nichols told CNSNews.com after testifying on Capitol Hill Tuesday.
First, however, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) needs to formulate a comprehensive plan for border security that will allow the National Guard to “put forces in the proper place,” he added. Nichols, who serves as the adjutant-general of the National Guard in Texas, indicated that he supports Gov. Rick Perry’s call for 1.000 troops to be deployed to the border in that state alone.

President Obama in 2010 ordered the temporary deployment of 1,200 National Guard troops to the southwest border, but this year the number has been reduced to 300, with the focus shifting from ground observation to aerial surveillance. (President Bush sent about 6,000 National Guard troops to the border in 2006-2008.) Tuesday’s hearing of the House Homeland Security subcommittee on border and maritime security was entitled, “Boots on the Ground or Eyes in the Sky: How Best to Utilize the National Guard to Achieve Operation Control.”

After the general testified before the panel, CNSNews.com asked him whether it would be beneficial to deploy more National Guard ground troops along the border. “You know, just like my governor said earlier, he’d still like a thousand troops on the border, just in Texas. But I still think there needs to be a comprehensive plan because simply putting troops on the border without a plan is not effective,” he replied. “So there needs to be a comprehensive plan from DHS, coordinated with DOD [the Department of Defense], and then our force provider the National Guard can put the forces in the proper place.”

MORE

More troops or law enforcement agents are required to secure the southwest border, National Guard Maj. Gen. John Nichols told CNSNews.com after testifying on Capitol Hill Tuesday.

Maybe we could have that if we weren't wasting our time in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Regardless of how this guy may feel, since 2007 we have deported record numbers of illegals and the Border Patrol has been apprehending illegal entrants at a record clip. We have a couple thousand more agents since 2007, new forward operating bases, new fence sections, the National Guard has been deployed for extended periods and there are 1.5 million fewer illegals in the country since those comments were made.

In other words.... so what?

Its obvious that the Federal Government has given a half-hearted attempt at really controlling illegal immigration through our southern boarder. My personal theory is that the Fed gov't wants more immigration but it is against popular opinion. That is why they have strict immigration laws but don't really enforce it when it comes right down to it. The simple fact of the matter is that our economy relies upon the mexican labor force at this point. We saw what happened in Alabama when they made similar laws to that of Arizona....the crops were rotting on the vine because their usual labor force of Mexicans left the state. I'm not saying that we shouldn't enforce the law but i have to wonder whether or not our immigration policy is overly rigid. Why not just loosen immigration quotas. Then we could at least collect taxes from these people.

Its obvious that the Federal Government has given a half-hearted attempt at really controlling illegal immigration through our southern boarder. My personal theory is that the Fed gov't wants more immigration but it is against popular opinion. That is why they have strict immigration laws but don't really enforce it when it comes right down to it. The simple fact of the matter is that our economy relies upon the mexican labor force at this point. We saw what happened in Alabama when they made similar laws to that of Arizona....the crops were rotting on the vine because their usual labor force of Mexicans left the state. I'm not saying that we shouldn't enforce the law but i have to wonder whether or not our immigration policy is overly rigid. Why not just loosen immigration quotas. Then we could at least collect taxes from these people.

Well... I don't get the same picture. The response to the public out cry about illegal immigration has been to elevate the number of agents from 2,500 to 17,000 down there. Fence and wall sections built, tons of new equipment and new operating bases too. This has all resulted in record numbers of deportations and apprehensions and an overall decline in the illegal population. First time that has happened in 40 years. So, to call it a half hearted attempt I think is off. I think that is what we hear from those incensed by illegals, but I don;t think our efforts reflect that. I think our efforts reflect a response and results.

We do now collect taxes and the illegals are only eligible for a fraction of the services they would eligible for if we made them legal. Despite the moaning by the .... well... moaners, illegals aren't eligible for federal services. You have to be a citizen to get SS, disability, welfare, medicaid, medicare, etc. Illegals don;t get these things, that's all urban legend baloney. They do however, pay billions in SS taxes and federal payroll taxes for which they can claim almost no services. So, on the federal level, illegals are a cash cow. This changes on the local level, especially with hospital emergency rooms, where we are required to give them care, regardless of ability to pay. Some state level public assistance programs may also render services without full taxation also. BUT... in the grand scheme of things, these people will cost us more if they become legal.... they pay some taxes now but are eligible for just a few services and no Social Security or disability or medicare / medicaid. If we make them legal, we will get precious little in taxes revenue and they will be eligible for EVERYHTING under the sun. And these are poor people. THe will qualify for lots of things they currently do not.

You think illegals are a drain now? Make them citizens and it cost more.... but no one can yell about them being illegal anymore.

Take their jobs and they go home. And then we can watch the jobs follow them home even faster than they already are.

Thinkin' outside o' the box, Hispexican drug smugglers go under the fence...
:mad:
'Extraordinary' drug tunnel may be Sinaloa cartel's
13 July`12 - 'I would suspect that professional engineers were cooperating with the builders'
The powerful Sinaloa drug cartel is believed to be behind one of the most sophisticated and well-engineered smuggling tunnels ever found along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to U.S. drug enforcement officials who announced the discovery Thursday in Yuma. The “fully operational” tunnel is a 755-foot passageway, tall enough for a 6-foot person to walk through, that burrows under the border fence, a park and a water canal. It connects a small, nondescript warehouse on the U.S. side to an inoperative ice manufacturing plant behind a strip club in Mexico.

It is outfitted with lights, fans and a ventilation system. The vertical shafts on both sides of the border descend 57 feet, creating what officials said were significant engineering challenges. “I would suspect that professional engineers were cooperating with the builders, if not working on site,” said Doug Coleman, special agent in charge of the DEA's Phoenix field office. He said construction might have taken at least a year and cost an estimated $1.5 million to $2 million.

It was unclear how much, if any, contraband may have been smuggled through the recently completed tunnel, but authorities said its existence was exposed by the seizure last week of a 39-pound load of methamphetamine. The drugs were found by state police during a traffic stop on the highway between San Luis and Yuma and then traced back to the warehouse. Two couriers were arrested, one of them a U.S. citizen. A third person also has been arrested in a case that Coleman said was “only beginning.” Coleman declined to answer questions about the continuing investigation.

DEA investigators who searched the warehouse found tons of sandy soil stored in dozens of 55-gallon drums. The stored dirt “suggested there must be a tunnel,” Coleman said at a news conference Thursday. Access to the tunnel was located under a 2,000-gallon water tank that could be moved only with the use of a forklift. Investigators found the vertical shaft lined with 4-by-6-inch wooden planks. The tunnel itself is lined with plywood and reinforced with the same planks. It is about 6 feet 6 high and 4 feet wide. On the Mexico side, access was found in the ice house, where investigators also found stacks of 200-pound seed bags apparently filled with additional tons of excavated sand and dirt. Entry to the vertical shaft was underwater. Investigators had to drain a large tank to get to it.

MORE

New Topics

Forum List

Back