Video of McCain supporter stealing yard signs

Evidence like "I risk my fucking life with my Obama sign"? Sure. My Grandpa's college roomate was briefly engaged to a woman who's step-brothers uncle knew a guy who was nearly a klan member and he said he was sad to see how kaput they were just 4 short years ago.

Okay, the above statement is incoherent to me. As far as the other stuff, I was referring to the left v right since 2000. I know about recent stuff on both sides (regardless of any "liberal" MSM conspiracy crap) I'm talking about the claim that the dems started it in 2000 and the dems claim that the repubs were the primary instigators. But personally I don't care. I was just enjoying the show and was interested in watching the two parties make their case. No skin off my back.

And I really don't understand the relevance of your statement. I was saying that within the last few weeks there was a Klan rally 20 miles from my house. Maybe you're not familiar with how things are in the deep rural south, but white man with an Obama sign (especially since it stands out on streets lined with McCain signs) just has bad things waiting if the Klan suddenly decides they are feeling frisky.

Okay, the above statement is incoherent to me. As far as the other stuff, I was referring to the left v right since 2000. I know about recent stuff on both sides (regardless of any "liberal" MSM conspiracy crap) I'm talking about the claim that the dems started it in 2000 and the dems claim that the repubs were the primary instigators. But personally I don't care. I was just enjoying the show and was interested in watching the two parties make their case. No skin off my back.

And I really don't understand the relevance of your statement. I was saying that within the last few weeks there was a Klan rally 20 miles from my house. Maybe you're not familiar with how things are in the deep rural south, but white man with an Obama sign (especially since it stands out on streets lined with McCain signs) just has bad things waiting if the Klan suddenly decides they are feeling frisky.

That was a goof on your post about asking for evidence where it had already been provided while you (in the same post) provided anecdotal "evidence" that your life was in danger for supporting Obama.

The Klan has not been "frisky" for decades and, scum that they are, you are likely safer supporting Obama in the rural south than driving an SUV in Seattle.
:lol:

That was a goof on your post about asking for evidence where it had already been provided
What I said was:
And by the way, this thread has potential, but if you're going to argue mudslinging since 2000 Dems v Repubs, let's see some examples.

If you interpreted that to mean recent examples of creating a divisive and hateful atmosphere recently, then I am sorry if it was not clear, but it could be as much a problem with the care you put into reading it as much as confusing language on my part.

The Klan has not been "frisky" for decades and, scum that they are, you are likely safer supporting Obama in the rural south than driving an SUV in Seattle.
I don't know where you live, but you're obviously not near me. I was born, raised, and live in the deep rural south. I've seen burning crosses, I've been inside convenience stores/"pawn" shops where the only thing "pawn" shop about it is that they sell guns. Meanwhile, they have Klan statues on either side of the door like sentinels and a neo nazi display in the center of the store under a glass case. I met and talked with clan members who were relatives of my friends growing up. You don't have to believe me. I think most people here would say I'm not one to talk a lot of wild-eyed crazy stuff and generally hold in disregard conspiracy stuff on either side of the aisle. But regardless of whatever view of the world you want to portray for yourself, (since from an earlier post you seem to think the clan was kaput) the fact remains that in some places the Klan is very much still alive and active. They just generally keep the illegal stuff quiet these days. But as for their rally, they announced it in the local paper a week before hand. I do know this is anecdotal evidence and I would myself reject it as support for an argument, but since I was not making an argument, just sharing what I thought may be an interesting tidbit about a part of the country of which you demonstrate a vast ignorance, I felt it was appropriate. Take it or leave it -it was for enlightenment not evidence.

Last edited:

please tell me you have heard the "selected not elected" and "Stolen election"

if you say you haven't, then you must have been a hermit living in a cave for the past 8 years

What I said was:

If you interpreted that to mean recent examples of creating a divisive and hateful atmosphere recently, then I am sorry if it was not clear, but it could be as much a problem with the care you put into reading it as much as confusing language on my part.

I don't know where you live, but you're obviously not near me. I was born, raised, and live in the deep rural south. I've seen burning crosses, I've been inside convenience stores/"pawn" shops where the only thing "pawn" shop about it is that they sell guns. Meanwhile, they have Klan statues on either side of the door like sentinels and a neo nazi display in the center of the store under a glass case. I met and talked with clan members who were relatives of my friends growing up. You don't have to believe me. I think most people here would say I'm not one to talk a lot of wild-eyed crazy stuff and generally hold in disregard conspiracy stuff on either side of the aisle. But regardless of whatever view of the world you want to portray for yourself, (since from an earlier post you seem to think the clan was kaput) the fact remains that in some places the Klan is very much still alive and active. They just generally keep the illegal stuff quiet these days. But as for their rally, they announced it in the local paper a week before hand. I do know this is anecdotal evidence and I would myself reject it as support for an argument, but since I was not making an argument, just sharing what I thought may be an interesting tidbit about a part of the country of which you demonstrate a vast ignorance, I felt it was appropriate. Take it or leave it -it was for enlightenment not evidence.

Evidence IS enlightenment dufus.

I do still maintain that the Klan is Kaput. Though where "alive" they seem to resemble the "political" win of the PLO from back in the day (sans the "military" wing lol). This thread, in case you forgot, was about a dumbass on one side (mine), to whit, the dumbfucks from the "other" side became fair play. Despite the media advantage of the left, I have provided much more evidence than anyone of the dishonorable tactics of the Left. Including mug shots!

I've been all around and about this great land including a recent vacation trip to the beautiful Smoky Mountains for a week during which time I heard fuck-all about politics. All I saw was locals being locals and tourist (like me) being tourist. Fun time with the family. Go figure.

Okay...I've heard of that. I in know way consider a voice of protest against what was perceived as an unfair election by some- especially an unprecendented one involving the supreme court, as being divisive and hate-filled, especially in contrast to saying someone is cozy with terrorists. The Repubs did worse to themselves during the primaries in 2000. Now the push poll in south carolina about John McCain- that was sleazy hate-filled politics. But it wasn't between Dems and Republicans. The swift-boating of John Kerry was sleazy and hate-filled politics. I just though there might be some more good examples. I just thought you guys were about to square off and link to stories about sleazy campaign ads and push polls and underhanded dealing (like tying up a fire station telephone line that gave non-partisan rides to the polling station) complete with dates, etc... I thought I might learn something. Like I said, no big deal Just let it go if you're not interested in making the case. I'm certainly not interested enough to do a lot of research. I have mentioned several times that some of these far right authors have established a certain atmosphere with some of their titles...like Treason which may into Palin's "Pro-America areas" world view or some of the people who at rallies shout, "traitor", but that 's about as far as I am willing to go tonight.

Okay...I've heard of that. I in know way consider a voice of protest against what was perceived as an unfair election by some- especially an unprecendented one involving the supreme court, as being divisive and hate-filled, especially in contrast to saying someone is cozy with terrorists. The Repubs did worse to themselves during the primaries in 2000. Now the push poll in south carolina about John McCain- that was sleazy hate-filled politics. But it wasn't between Dems and Republicans. The swift-boating of John Kerry was sleazy and hate-filled politics. I just though there might be some more good examples. I just thought you guys were about to square off and link to stories about sleazy campaign ads and push polls and underhanded dealing (like tying up a fire station telephone line that gave non-partisan rides to the polling station) complete with dates, etc... I thought I might learn something. Like I said, no big deal Just let it go if you're not interested in making the case. I'm certainly not interested enough to do a lot of research. I have mentioned several times that some of these far right authors have established a certain atmosphere with some of their titles...like Treason which may into Palin's "Pro-America areas" world view or some of the people who at rallies shout, "traitor", but that 's about as far as I am willing to go tonight.
see, you do it yourself
the swiftvet were all honorable vets
including MoH awardees
what they did was expose the light of TRUTH on that LIAR Kerry

Evidence IS enlightenment dufus.

No, I wanted to enlighten you about a situation . If you choose to seek out evidence to confirm it, that is up to you. And I really, honestly do not care if you maintain your perception of the world in light of what I told you. And I'm glad you've been all over, and I am so sorry that members of the Klan did not come out in their fucking sheets to sign autographs just like Mickey and fuckng Donald at Disneyworld when visitors came you ignorant fuck. I was avoiding the name-calling, but you couldn't seem to do the same. You could fucking live here a year (and I'm good deal more rural deep south than the fucking Smokey Mountains) and not know the Klan was around. And I have never indicated that the majority of the people here are not good honest people. Or at least average. But that also does not mean there are not dangerous people who maintain a membership in the Klan which is active in this area. I bet if someone told you there was a dangerous fucking street gang in LA you wouldn't have a hard time believing. But it's just so hard to believe that there are still racist assholes prone to violence living in small towns in the south. Go watch a documentary and get a little education. Or better yet, read this since it's recent.

By the way, what about Allen Raymond. His dirty GOP ass had to spend 3 months in jail for dirty dealing.
And tell me which tactics are as dishonorable as this shit.

Peace out everybody, I'm done for the morning/night.

the swiftvet were all honorable vets
including MoH awardees

I've got military people in my family who strongly disagree. John McCain strongly disagreed. Anyone who had any respect could see that it not only tarnished the reputation of someone who had a hell of a lot more courage than G W "Daddy's boy" Bush, but also soils every bronze star and purple heart handed out. Once you call those into question, their command of respect will never again be quite as high. It's been pretty much accepted by all but the fringes that the swift boat campaign was dirty.

Go back and look at how many times they changed their stories. Go look at the people who were actually with Kerry. The crew with him when he earned the silver star. The special forces soldier he pulled out of the water when he earned his bronze star. Sure the commander when he won the bronze claimed they were not under fire. But the soldier Kerry rescued remembers shots coming in. As does the witness who officially reported for Kerry's officer to get a bronze star at the same time. These guys owed nothing to Kerry, and would remember whatever they needed to get the hatchet job done.

This kind of crap happened in every election, folks.

Some partisans are childish nitwits.

No big deal

I've got military people in my family who strongly disagree. John McCain strongly disagreed. Anyone who had any respect could see that it not only tarnished the reputation of someone who had a hell of a lot more courage than G W "Daddy's boy" Bush, but also soils every bronze star and purple heart handed out. Once you call those into question, their command of respect will never again be quite as high. It's been pretty much accepted by all but the fringes that the swift boat campaign was dirty.

Go back and look at how many times they changed their stories. Go look at the people who were actually with Kerry. The crew with him when he earned the silver star. The special forces soldier he pulled out of the water when he earned his bronze star. Sure the commander when he won the bronze claimed they were not under fire. But the soldier Kerry rescued remembers shots coming in. As does the witness who officially reported for Kerry's officer to get a bronze star at the same time. These guys owed nothing to Kerry, and would remember whatever they needed to get the hatchet job done.
actually, they never changed their stories
only the biased media made it look like they did
this shows how little you really know about them

Forum List

Back