Video: MSNBC panel agrees media will be in the bag for Obama at the debates

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well well..
some links in article at site

SNIP:
posted at 10:01 am on May 15, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Consider this balance for MSNBC. After the Morning Joe panel openly scoffed at the Barack Obama campaign’s attack ad on Bain Capital yesterday, Hardball came to Obama’s rescue in the evening. Chris Matthews chatted with David Corn and Time’s Mark Halperin about how difficult it will be for Mitt Romney to defend his years at Bain … all the while with a strange little graphic in the lower left corner that shows Romney with the phrase, “You’re so Bain.” Mark Halperin then issued this moment of honesty about what we can expect from the media during the final weeks of the general election:

MATTHEWS: One concern about this, Mark, and you cover this every day. I wonder if the President can handle this debate. If he gets into a debate for an hour and a half this fall with Romney, who knows all the thickets and jungle work. He was in there, he knows where he was. He knows every dollar he lost, every deal he made. How does Obama get in there and debate him on his own turf? How can he possibly know as much as Romney does about how he made or didn’t make money?
HALPERIN: I don’t think he needs to, I think in a debate he can bumper-sticker it and make it clear. And again, the press — this is one of these instances where the press is very sympathetic to the Obama narrative on Bain, and not all that sympathetic to Governor Romney. He needs to make an argument so compelling that it finds an audience in the press, if he can do it, and an audience with the public. I think in a debate, again, we know what the President will say, and I think he’ll be pretty effective.

Er, okay. According to Halperin, the press will be just fine if Obama “bumper-sticker it,” but Romney will have to present an overwhelmingly compelling argument in order to get the media to acknowledge it. As it happens, I agree with Halperin on this point, because Obama’s been “bumper-stickering it” for the last five years, and the media still hasn’t called him on it. But shouldn’t that be, y’know, a little embarrassing for Halperin to admit? Essentially, Halperin predicts that the media will fawn all over Obama at the debates regardless of whether he says anything intelligent or not, perhaps particularly if he doesn’t say anything intelligent … and that seems to be OK with Halperin. It’s certainly OK with Matthews, even when Halperin gets in an unexpectedly effective shot at Matthews’ hypocritical class-warfare-mongering:

the rest with comments at..
Video: MSNBC panel agrees media will be in the bag for Obama at the debates « Hot Air

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone catch Chris Matthews on Jeopardy? He's kinda stupid, really.
Ever taken a Jeopardy! online qualifier quiz? It aint easy. Out of 50 questions I got maybe 10 right. And EVERYBODY says I'm good at Jeopardy! :lol:

Last edited:
I watch msnbc from 1 to 4 am just to keep tabs on TEAM Obongo. I can't watch Madcow anymore because she takes to long to get to the point. Lawrence talks to slow but------he----is--- funny------sometimes-------with-----that-----slow----talk. It's like they are teaching kindergarten, are liberals that slow. Chris Matthews, well he's in love with obongo with 100% left-wing slant. Mr Ed the talking potamus, he's pro union and 110% progressive liberal with violent/hateful slant. All clowns, they should move to the comedy channel...

Since the advent of fair and balanced Fox the left wing media sees no reason to pretend to be unbiased anymore. It's out in the open now and it's no secret that they are all cheerleaders for Obama. It's a free Country and the 1st Amendment says they can be as biased as they want to be but people should be aware of it when they watch the shows.

since the advent of fair and balanced fox the left wing media sees no reason to pretend to be unbiased anymore. It's out in the open now and it's no secret that they are all cheerleaders for obama. It's a free country and the 1st amendment says they can be as biased as they want to be but people should be aware of it when they watch the shows.

vote!

Yea. Sometimes the libs are so transparent that they don't even realize they are cheerleaders only. -- 'oh Obama doesn't have to prove that Romney did anything wrong. Just come up with a bumper sticker slogan.' I've said this time and time again. I'd be embarrassed by my fellow libs if I was a liberal.

Ever taken a Jeopardy! online qualifier quiz? It aint easy. Out of 50 questions I got maybe 10 right. And EVERYBODY says I'm good at Jeopardy! :lol:

The best part of the dopey performance by Matthews can only be truly appreciated if one is aware of his negative jabs at Palin in the past in which he practically salivates at the prospect of watching the dimwitted Republican make a fool of herself on Jeopardy some time. Way to go, Chris. You're once again the laughing stock of your profession. That ought to be good for another thrill up your leg, huh?

The best part of the dopey performance by Matthews can only be truly appreciated if one is aware of his negative jabs at Palin in the past in which he practically salivates at the prospect of watching the dimwitted Republican make a fool of herself on Jeopardy some time. Way to go, Chris. You're once again the laughing stock of your profession. That ought to be good for another thrill up your leg, huh?

well well..
some links in article at site

SNIP:
posted at 10:01 am on May 15, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Consider this balance for MSNBC. After the Morning Joe panel openly scoffed at the Barack Obama campaign’s attack ad on Bain Capital yesterday, Hardball came to Obama’s rescue in the evening. Chris Matthews chatted with David Corn and Time’s Mark Halperin about how difficult it will be for Mitt Romney to defend his years at Bain … all the while with a strange little graphic in the lower left corner that shows Romney with the phrase, “You’re so Bain.” Mark Halperin then issued this moment of honesty about what we can expect from the media during the final weeks of the general election:

Mark Halperin: "The Press Is Very Sympathetic To The Obama Narrative" - YouTube

MATTHEWS: One concern about this, Mark, and you cover this every day. I wonder if the President can handle this debate. If he gets into a debate for an hour and a half this fall with Romney, who knows all the thickets and jungle work. He was in there, he knows where he was. He knows every dollar he lost, every deal he made. How does Obama get in there and debate him on his own turf? How can he possibly know as much as Romney does about how he made or didn’t make money?
HALPERIN: I don’t think he needs to, I think in a debate he can bumper-sticker it and make it clear. And again, the press — this is one of these instances where the press is very sympathetic to the Obama narrative on Bain, and not all that sympathetic to Governor Romney. He needs to make an argument so compelling that it finds an audience in the press, if he can do it, and an audience with the public. I think in a debate, again, we know what the President will say, and I think he’ll be pretty effective.

Er, okay. According to Halperin, the press will be just fine if Obama “bumper-sticker it,” but Romney will have to present an overwhelmingly compelling argument in order to get the media to acknowledge it. As it happens, I agree with Halperin on this point, because Obama’s been “bumper-stickering it” for the last five years, and the media still hasn’t called him on it. But shouldn’t that be, y’know, a little embarrassing for Halperin to admit? Essentially, Halperin predicts that the media will fawn all over Obama at the debates regardless of whether he says anything intelligent or not, perhaps particularly if he doesn’t say anything intelligent … and that seems to be OK with Halperin. It’s certainly OK with Matthews, even when Halperin gets in an unexpectedly effective shot at Matthews’ hypocritical class-warfare-mongering:

the rest with comments at..
Video: MSNBC panel agrees media will be in the bag for Obama at the debates « Hot Air

HALPERIN is a DICK!

Halperin is just an Obama minion. I didn't even bother to learn his name. Minions can't be shamed. They're just minions.
CON$ervoFascist Halperin is an Obama hating DICK, famous for calling Obama one!!!

He's conservative? He was arguing for Obama? I guess that's what passes for a conservative on MSNBC. Seriously, with few exceptions, the so-called conservatives on MSNBC just throw up these half ass arguments that are meant to be shot to pieces. They know who's signing their paychecks.

Both sides will agree on the debate panels. There is no way that the media can be "in the bag" for the debates for either candidate.

http://www.debates.org/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=35&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01detailtemplate=newspage&cntnt01returnid=80

Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL

Washington University in St. Louis, MO will serve as the backup site. The CPD has asked Dominican University to lead an international project which will be announced early in 2012.

The Commission also released the 2012 Candidate Selection Criteria, which will be used to determine who is invited to participate in the general election debates. In addition to being Constitutionally eligible, candidates must appear on a sufficient number of state ballots to have a mathematical chance of winning a majority vote in the Electoral College, and have a level of support of at least 15% (fifteen percent) of the national electorate as determined by five selected national public opinion polling organizations, using the average of those organizations' most recent publicly-reported results at the time of the determination. The Gallup Organization will advise the CPD in the application of its Criteria to polling data as it did in 2000, 2004, and 2008.

The CPD will announce formats for the four debates in the first part of 2012, as well as plans for Internet-based initiatives. Moderators for the debates will be chosen in the summer of 2012.
[/QUOTE]

Another lie by Stephanie. How not surprising.

Last edited:
Halperin is just an Obama minion. I didn't even bother to learn his name. Minions can't be shamed. They're just minions.
CON$ervoFascist Halperin is an Obama hating DICK, famous for calling Obama one!!!

He's conservative? He was arguing for Obama? I guess that's what passes for a conservative on MSNBC. Seriously, with few exceptions, the so-called conservatives on MSNBC just throw up these half ass arguments that are meant to be shot to pieces. They know who's signing their paychecks.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/221878-msnbc-lean-forward-so-you-can-get-occupied.html

MSNBC is Team Obama, Chris Mathews, Lawrence O'donnell and Ed Schultz call obama our guy. I can't watch Rachel Madcow anymore because it takes her to long to get to the point...

Romney Wins First Debate

Marty Kaplan
09/24/2012

If the media-industrial complex obeys its usual laws of supply and demand, the political headlines over the next four weeks are fairly predictable: Romney Wins First Debate. Ryan, Biden Debate to a Draw. Obama Wins Second Debate. It All Comes Down to the Last Debate.

---

Marty Kaplan: Romney Wins First Debate

obobblehead03.gif

alcabama03.gif

Debate Audience Selected by Firm Squeezed by Obama Justice Department

10/16/12
William Tate

Think the deck for Tuesday's town hall debate might have been stacked? The firm hired to select the audience asking questions is under pressure from the Obama Justice Department, and some observers suggest may have already succumbed to that bullying.

After the Gallup Organization refused to cave to Chicago-style pressure from the Obama gang -- which according to internal memos published by the Daily Caller had company officials comparing it to a "Godfather situation" -- the Obama Justice Department suddenly joined a three-year-old lawsuit against Gallup. Within weeks, facing the full weight and power of the U.S. government and potential expenses in the millions of dollars, Gallup made changes to its polling methodology that seem to favor Obama.

---

Read more: Blog: Debate Audience Selected by Firm Squeezed by Obama Justice Department

Forum List

Back