VIDEO~Mother of 5 protests against Israel/Zionism and the FBI shows up at her home...

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction...

I'm not a big fan of the guy who coined that quote but it seems to fit this video quite well...

I'm happy she had a video camera...

So I guess the question for discussion in this thread should be something along the lines of,

How do you feel about the FBI showing up at the homes of American citizens to interrogate them in response to their peaceful protests where they voice their opinion on foreign policy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0xwauFSOEo]YouTube - When the FBI Knocks on Your Door - KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! (please spread this video around)[/ame]

NOTE: Please keep the Israel/Palestine/Zionism/etc debate out of the thread as much as possible and stick to the issue at hand in the OP which is the FBI showing up at our homes...

(Note: That the video incorrectly states that the 1st amendment gives you the right to remain silent. It's actually the 5th.)

The question:
How do you feel about the FBI showing up at the homes of American citizens to interrogate them in response to their peaceful protests where they voice their opinion on foreign policy?

I think for one it's wrong, peaceful protests being the key word. I believe ONE of the goals of homeland security, the FBI, and any others would be to intimidate to a point where the average citizen is afraid to speak up in a peaceful manner. Government attempts to silence those who would dare to 'upset the apple cart', so that government can continue on with little or no opposition. On-Line 'Protests' such as message boards and discussion groups are just like standing in a park or other location today, and one can bet it is all monitored. Many chat rooms log EVERY word and every 'whisper', that is 'private' comments between members in a chat room. Same as in USMB, everything is logged forever. When on-line, anything you type is never 'private', it's for just about anyone.

This activity must be commonplace and most of the time not reported to anyone, and also if one thinks that site such as USMB are not monitored, think again. Any sites that have a gathering of people such as this one discussing government policies and it's people are all monitored, in my opinion.

No one in here is 'hiding' under a nick, if 'they' want your identity as the result of what they feel are inflammatory comments, that may suggest a dissatisfaction to a point of a violent outcome with property or individuals lives or personal injury threatened. it's as simple as probable cause, going to your ISP from the information provided by the SITE you visit. Even though, so far, it may be voluntary for ISP's to give 'them' all your private information, I am sure they all would cooperate only because it is the government, and it's intimidation has a lot of influence to many.

If anyone is interested in what homeland security can do then there are many links that will explain what 'they' can and cannot do............mostly CAN. I am not going to post links, it's too easy, and for those who are truly interested, research the links yourselves, then we'll discuss.

Why didn't she give them the name of "Bill Ayres" when they asked if she knew anyone who would committ acts of violence? :eusa_whistle:

There was an indication in the video that someone had reported her to the FBI, not that they were there because she protested something.

There was an indication in the video that someone had reported her to the FBI, not that they were there because she protested something.

Exactly.

I never cease to be amazed at things people say in front of other people, like "so and so oughta be shot, horse whipped, etc.." Radical statements by people tend to bring some rough things down upon them. I know people get carried away, but protesting isn't the issue in this video. She most likely ran off at the mouth in front of the wrong person.

I know of someone who made a statement like that about a president once on a discussion board. Another poster reported the woman to the SS, and she disappeared from that forum forthwith never to return. I think she also lost her job.

She's a cool customer! Smart woman. Smart women are hard to intimidate. Smart women with video cameras are formidable.

The woman is definitely enjoying this.

Frankly, I'm glad that the FBI is keeping an eye on groups with Middle Eastern ties. They can be a threat, since they have proven to be a threat. And, just because someone has 5 kids doesn't mean they are above suspicion.

She's a cool customer! Smart woman. Smart women are hard to intimidate. Smart women with video cameras are formidable.

She was right on, with the right questions, and put these two in their place, where he says he was a little 'confused' etc. I want her on my team........no,OUR team.

THIS is what government administrations fear the most, INFORMED CITIZENS, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the decisions by our 'leaders' and their 'gofers'.

This woman loves to play the victim card and is confrontational from the get-go. She seems to want to be difficult for the sake of being difficult.

She's obviously anti-american and a complete bitch.

So one gets from the op the idea that they and the supporters of the op are AGAINST the Government, via the FBI and other law enforcement types investigating suspicious behavior reported by people to the Government. Lets see if I have this right. These same people are against profiling, against random searches, against cameras in public areas, against the law enforcement types from investigating suspicious behavior if conducted by the ' wrong" racial type, ie blacks Hispanics or middle eastern people.

Exactly how does one protect this country from terrorists? Hope they are all old white women? And have not protested or made comments that would warrant a person hearing it from reporting it? Perhaps we should only investigate the tea party?

The woman who made the video actually seems to support profiling. She asked the FBI fellow why they thought she, mother of 5 kids, would be a threat. She mentioned that several times, while posting a picture of herself and her brood. She also mentioned that she is an RN. She thus implied that people fitting her profile are above suspicion.

So, if some people, by virtue of certain personal characteristics, are above suspicion, then logically there are some people who by virtue of their profile ARE logical suspects, right?

The woman who made the video actually seems to support profiling. She asked the FBI fellow why they thought she, mother of 5 kids, would be a threat. She mentioned that several times, while posting a picture of herself and her brood. She also mentioned that she is an RN. She thus implied that people fitting her profile are above suspicion.

So, if some people, by virtue of certain personal characteristics, are above suspicion, then logically there are some people who by virtue of their profile ARE logical suspects, right?

Interesting observation, gonna watch this again. :eusa_angel:

So one gets from the op the idea that they and the supporters of the op are AGAINST the Government, via the FBI and other law enforcement types investigating suspicious behavior reported by people to the Government. Lets see if I have this right. These same people are against profiling, against random searches, against cameras in public areas, against the law enforcement types from investigating suspicious behavior if conducted by the ' wrong" racial type, ie blacks Hispanics or middle eastern people.

Exactly how does one protect this country from terrorists? Hope they are all old white women? And have not protested or made comments that would warrant a person hearing it from reporting it? Perhaps we should only investigate the tea party?

Well, I have metal in my body from multiple orthopedic surgeries. The way I get shaken down in airports and courthouses, etc. because I always 'beep' one would think that all terrorists ARE old white women! :lol:

Hamas has been classified as a terrorist organization by the United States government. Janet Napolitano and the Obama Administration are worried that people who have a pro-Hamas 'bent' in the US might be a threat, thus the FBI agents.

Forum List

Back